993 Forum 1995-1998

Fister & the Statue of Liberty

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:13 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! We spent Thanksgiving in the Big Apple this year... my first time there and it was great to enjoy it w/ the family. I also love the shot of the Statue through the 4!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Sweet pics!!! I love the Statue through the 4. What camera are you using? I see a couple of the same spots on different pictures. If your lens isn't dirty, you may have to clean your sensor. Just FYI.
Funny you should ask. I noticed that the autofocus is not working correct. In certain situations it will just go nuts, bouncing back & forth between possible positions.

It's a Canon 20D with the 17-85mm (IS) USM lens. Purchased new in '04.

Andreas
Old 12-20-2009, 10:39 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
I lived in Iceland for two years. The way people react to snow in this area is laughable.

Andreas
Would u believe the Feds r closed in DC tomorrow..lol
Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Funny you should ask. I noticed that the autofocus is not working correct. In certain situations it will just go nuts, bouncing back & forth between possible positions.

It's a Canon 20D with the 17-85mm (IS) USM lens. Purchased new in '04.

Andreas
Funny, I have the same exact "rig". The sensor gets dirty. Those are the little specs you see on your pictures. It's pretty scary to clean the sensor, but it can be done. Check out www.copperhillimages.com, I bought one of their kits (I think it was the CHI Ultimate kit) a while back. It solved the problem of the dust on the sensor. The only problem is that it comes back after a while and you have to do it again. The newer cameras apparently have self-cleaning sensors, although I don't know how well they work.

Also, my camera started acting funny with the lens a while back. It was getting "error 99" and not saving any photo it would take. I never got the official word on what was wrong, but it seemed to be some sort of communication problem between the body and the lens. Canon replaced it, but if you are still having focus problems with the camera, try cleaning the contacts of the lens and the body with an eraser to see if that helps.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice shots Big A. You guys look great together.

Ken
Old 12-21-2009, 11:17 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We ended up doing the Liberty/Ellis thing last Wednesday, before being one of the last planes to Escape From NY on Saturday night.

"Highlight" for me was finally getting over to Bowery and wandering into what was CBGB. Not sure why I never went over there before, even when it still was a club. Funny "you never know who you'll run into" were the guys next to us at the bar a block away when we went into DBGB Kitchen--they're making the basement of CBGB into another nightclub/music venue. They were taking a break since the paint fumes were so strong.

Quick Reply: Fister & the Statue of Liberty