993 Forum 1995-1998

9m: new Ninemeister website - feedback required please

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Actually, we're seriously looking into it.
Please keep me posted.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:37 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, now I just have to find someone that wants to buy one of my kidneys so I can afford a full on 450hp 9M RSR conversion!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 AM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES!!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

I'd like to see recommended packages for various hp and intended use

something like stage 1 street, stage 2 street, stage 1 street and track, stage 2 street and track , stage 1 track, stage 2 track

what heads, p/c, cams, valves/valve gear, rods, crank, oil pump etc is used for each step.

I'm planning ahead and trying to figure out what I'll need for a 10/90 street/track engine
Old 12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

I personally like About Us pages. I see you have one, but using the paragraph text link to get there is not my favorite. I would put an About Us tab at the top, and reference the tab in the paragraph.

Furthermore, in your About Us page, you say: "The team overall comprises a mature, time-served team of technicians with a particular fastidiousness and attention to detail that has lead to them working on supercars".

Team twice seems a bit redundant. Perhaps switching the first part to, "The 9m team is comprised of a staff of mature and time-served technicians... Would make it flow a bit better?

Overall, the site seems a little busy, but you have a lot of info there, which is good and everything loads quickly.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

We're on the case of this one Bill. I'm currently working through a list of conversions that we have done with the view to detailing them as single page examples which will include a 9m parts list, dyno graph, parts price and guide engine build price which I think will answer all your questions.

We've got another fun feature that we will upload soon which will keep the dedicated Porsche Petrolheads entertained for hours, but more on this when it actually happens!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I personally like About Us pages. I see you have one, but using the paragraph text link to get there is not my favorite. I would put an About Us tab at the top, and reference the tab in the paragraph.

Furthermore, in your About Us page, you say: "The team overall comprises a mature, time-served team of technicians with a particular fastidiousness and attention to detail that has lead to them working on supercars".

Team twice seems a bit redundant. Perhaps switching the first part to, "The 9m team is comprised of a staff of mature and time-served technicians... Would make it flow a bit better?

Overall, the site seems a little busy, but you have a lot of info there, which is good and everything loads quickly.
It's a good point. Given that to date the site has largely been assembled with no help from myself I don't think we did too bad, but I'm like you and am a bit **** about english grammar, so I've got to agree that we've not quite hit the right quality target yet. Unfortunately the site is being written directly into XML/HTML pages and we don't have a contact management package running, so any changes we make will be a little slow for a while longer, but I promise that we'll get there soon.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,809 Likes on 1,715 Posts

I think it's a great start. All good websites are a work in progress. I second Bill's and Quad's comments and suggest that you spend some time surfing your peers' websites for ideas, swipe what you like and leave what you don't.

Cheers on the prospect of 9m representation in America. It's well over due.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:15 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bump.

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has contributed and to recommend that you have another look at the site sometime, me & Tony have taken on board all of your comments and we're both working in our spare time to slowly adding a more style and content as you have suggested. It's a slow process but I think we are finally getting somewhere.

All I now need is a CMS which is as easy to use as Rennlist so I can start adding more information on 9m Racing engine packages and the 9m Panelcraft projects.

Quick Reply: 9m: new Ninemeister website - feedback required please