Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 9m: new Ninemeister website - feedback required please

We're proud to announce that the new 9m website is finally online at the original address: http://www.ninemeister.com/

The new site is now live, I suppose it is a bit of a beta release version as it is very much work in progress, however there are a lot of cool things that we are intending to add as soon as we find the time. What would be great is if you could all find the time to take a look and let me and my guru Tony know what you think of the work so far and what you would like to see us add next. You can obviously post your suggestions here or send an email to the address on the site.

Please go easy on us, and thanks for looking!

PS Can anyone tell me how to cross post this onto the 964 forum as well??
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

First thing I see is a Cockster. Why not an air-cooled beauty instead! Your green 64RS would look much nicer

Kidding aside, the site looks really nice - simple and effective fast loading HTML. Love it!

Cross-posting is just another term for posting the same thread twice.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 what ilko said. Nice that it's not flashy. It gets the point across and loads fast. You could possibly go with a tab theme across the top link buttons. Changing the current tab to the color of the content or a border around the content, giving a visual indicator where the user currently is on the site.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:17 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice site, I would like to see tab set up dedicated for your project cars and or customer cars with lots of pictures, let face it seeing a picture of another car always sways us into making changes to our own cars! But you site is excellent!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome.. clicking thru the website is like opening xmas presents... especially when I saw the video "Ninemeister Porsche hillclimb Longleat Unofficial record!"

+1
First thing I see is a Cockster. Why not an air-cooled beauty instead! ...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We realise that project cars raise a lot of interest, so the intention is to build a sister site to heavily feature all the 9mRS projects and other Unique productions like the current 9m93 Speedster Widebody and the up-and-coming 9m96GT3RS-R. Whilst Tony & Marc are working their way through this, I'm going to do a template for all the 9mRacing aircooled engine projects and will be listing them catalog style with specifications, build costs & dyno graphs.

One of the cool features that we are already looking into is a new graph producing software package that will allow us to upload the data from dyno runs g& allow visitors to view and overlay them live on screen. I'm sure you guys will have hours of fun comparing a 9mRacing 4.0 litre aircooled engine against a 997GT3RS, or a 964 9m Motec against a stock 993 for instance.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM
pcarrera993
Racer

+1 Loads fast, looks good. I didn't read the content but it's key. I'm all about the details so I will say get rid of the undersore when you hover over the links. The cursor hand already let's you know you're on a link dont need to emphasize. Color scheme looks inline with ninemeister. great job!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 PM
TargaTango
Racer

Hi Colin,

The site looks very nice and as others have commented it loads nice and fast. I appreciate that this is a work in progress and maybe you will be doing these things, but you have asked for comments. What I think is the most important thing about a site is the information it can give. There are so many sites that are a bunch a pretty pictures and not much more. It would be great to go to your site and have a full outline of the different engine upgrade packages you have and their suitability for road and track. My recollection of your previous site is that there was much more detail on thid. I think this would be of great interest. More photos and details of other items would also be great. To take the Volk wheels as an example, to a great degree people buy wheels on looks. So photos would help, but I bought mine because they were the lightest weight wheel I could get for a reasonable price. So this sought of info would be invaluable. You have picked some great third party products to sell so detailing why you picked them would help the viewer. Similarly info on the KW suspension kits.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by TargaTango; 12-12-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 AM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I couldn't wait to see what the new site would look like but I couldn't find some pricing that would give me an 100% answer rightaway.
For example, the billet heads. I find the pricing for the core and then the springs, lifters etc.
I was wondering what the whole thing would cost me. Some competitor shows a 3.6 to 3.8 upgrade, pistons, barrels = total price. Then modified stock heads, app. hp increase, billet heads, hp increase, plus cams, hp increase etc. always a total $$ behind it.
If I would need new valve guides, the first thing I'd do is get the heads modified with a hot cam. Something that would still smog.
Another one was the software upgrade from a stock ECU, I don't know if you do that or just use Motec instead. Most of us have emissions controlled vehicles so one can't just buy raceware.
I know it's a bit more geared towards racing but I always look for street stuff that I think I can get away with.
I think it's easier, for me at least, when I have a project in mind and at some point, I can add up all the stuff that I would like to have, total it up and ask the wallet for approval. This way, I don't get overwhelmed later.
I don't think there are too many 993 drivers that would just drop off a car and let the shop go to town w/o spending limit.
That's my point of view anyways.
Nice weekend all!
Ed
Old 12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Just one thing missing... an announcement that 9M is coming to America to open a branch office !
Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
Just one thing missing... an announcement that 9M is coming to America to open a branch office !
Yes please. West coast, preferably ... Nice site by the way :-)
Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Very nice, I like the colored links. Took me a second though to figure out that the colored links on the top are the same as the ones on the side but some are named differently? Otherwise seems pretty userfriendly thus far, nice job.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:19 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for all your comments guys, it is really appreciated. We'll be making improvements as we get more data live on the site, hopefully we'll also add the missing "Art & Soul" that a lot of you have commented on.

The famous 9m Racing engine conversions are something that we are looking into soon, unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day. What you have to remember is that the launch of the new website was forced upon us by the malicious hacking of the old one, so we have not had time to do all the extras, but we will get there soon.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:21 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
Actually, we're seriously looking into it.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:41 AM
TargaTango
Racer

"What you have to remember is that the launch of the new website was forced upon us by the malicious hacking of the old one, so we have not had time to do all the extras, but we will get there soon."

Now that is sad. Sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: 9m: new Ninemeister website - feedback required please