99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the nicest 993's on the List!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 AM
TargaTango
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great time talking to Ken, a very nice bloke. What could be nicer than talking to a fellow enthusiast and enjoying a nice car? And it is good to be able to give something back. There are a lot of people who have helped me directly and indirectly on Rennlist, like Mark in Baltimore. My way of saying thanks and enjoying myself. Ken was great to talk to and is also into hi-fi, a long and deep passion of mine. And thanks for all the very nice comments from Ken and the posters on this thread. They mean a lot coming from this audience. And Macca, the tires are Pirreli P Corsa's. Nicest tire I have had. But sadly I will have to move onto something else when they go as the prices in Hong Kong are now outrageous (the last time I replaced the two rear 285 18 tires cost US$1,200 - ouch). I will probably try Toyo R888s after some very positve comments in Excellence.

All the best,
Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Chris,
I can vouch for the R888, they are a very good all round tyre and will be a good alternative to the Pirelli Zero, the only issue you will have is increased tyre noise. Another tyre worth considering in the far east is the Khumo Ecsta V700, go for the hard compound for road/trackday use, the medium is better but will go off after a couple of hard laps in hot weather. The Khumos are not as good as the R888 in the wet.

Interesting you mentioned hi-fi, been there myself in the past and hence ended up with the ubiquitous LP12/Ittok/Asak with Naim 32/160 fronted by a pair of Linn Kabers as a result.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Targatango. Thanks for the information. Have you also considered the new Bridgestone RE11. They have the look of the corsa but are a fast street tyre with track da capability. Getting great feedback on tirerack.com and also a tonne cheaper than corsas and dont ned as much heat in them to operate (hence good for street). More tread too. Check em out. I have same delemma as you but the car sees only occassional track so hence my going for the Re11 next.....

Cheers
Macca
Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 PM
TargaTango
Racer

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Chris,
I can vouch for the R888, they are a very good all round tyre and will be a good alternative to the Pirelli Zero, the only issue you will have is increased tyre noise. Another tyre worth considering in the far east is the Khumo Ecsta V700, go for the hard compound for road/trackday use, the medium is better but will go off after a couple of hard laps in hot weather. The Khumos are not as good as the R888 in the wet.

Interesting you mentioned hi-fi, been there myself in the past and hence ended up with the ubiquitous LP12/Ittok/Asak with Naim 32/160 fronted by a pair of Linn Kabers as a result.
Hi Colin, Good to hear from you and I much appreciate the tyre recommendations. I have to add that now that the engine is developing good power thanks to the 9M +3 Kit , I get so much pleasure from driving. Now all I need is a good remap to put the icing on the cake for which I will need to call on your good help given the lack of expertise in Hong Kong. I will send an email shortly. Ah hi-fi. You have a very nice Scottish system and good to see that you are still spinning black discs!

All the best,
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 PM
TargaTango
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Targatango. Thanks for the information. Have you also considered the new Bridgestone RE11. They have the look of the corsa but are a fast street tyre with track da capability. Getting great feedback on tirerack.com and also a tonne cheaper than corsas and dont ned as much heat in them to operate (hence good for street). More tread too. Check em out. I have same delemma as you but the car sees only occassional track so hence my going for the Re11 next.....

Cheers
Macca
Hi Macca, the RE11 sound very interesting. Please let us know how you find them.

All the best,
Old 12-01-2009, 04:08 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, you did an EXCELLENT job on that car! As mentioned, one of the nicest here.

Quick Reply: Sunday drive #2 in HK - targatango's 9M stage 3