Sponsored by:

Rennline Camber Plates, Strut Braces, and Tilt Kits **Upcoming Products*

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009 | 01:14 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Rennline Camber Plates, Strut Braces, and Tilt Kits **Upcoming Products*

Camber Advantage 2 or 3 Point Strut Brace - 964/993 2 Point $250 - 3 Point $295
Accurate camber settings are a must for any track or performance street car. Adjusting camber from your camber plates usually requires a pry bar in one hand and your wrench in the other, giving you an end result of…… “close enough”. Those days are over. Not only is this the industries first 3 point strut brace for the 964/993, it also has an integrated adjustment point that will allow you to fine tune, then lock your camber settings in a matter of seconds. This feature will eliminate the need to drill and pin your camber plates to insure that they will not move under extreme race conditions. This strut brace is available in both 2 and 3 point configuration and is constructed from aluminum and stainless steel. Note: Will operate with most adjustable camber plates. This 964/993 Strut Brace can be installed on cars without adjustable camber plates, however the adjustment feature will not be functional. Available Dec 2009 here.

Adjustable Camber Plates - 964/993 Front $499 - Rear $399 Per Set
Under extreme conditions, such as road racing and Autocross, negative camber is required to keep as much of the tire’s contact patch on the road as possible. Stock suspension mounts will not allow you to achieve the necessary amount of negative camber required for this type of performance driving. Rennline’s adjustable camber plates incorporate FK spherical bearings and eliminate the indistinct feedback associated with factory rubber mounts. Unlike most camber plates, a dust shield is supplied to eliminate water and debris from entering your car through the elongated holes required for a wide range of adjustment. These camber plates are cnc machined from 6061 anodized aluminum and allow for up to 3.5 degree negative camber on most applications. Available for front and rear, stock and aftermarket struts. Available Dec 2009 here.

Solid Sub Frame Mounts & Tilt Kit - 993 $350
Factory rubber suspension mounts have a lot of flexibility and cannot withstand the extreme loads applied to them during performance driving conditions. When these mounts flex, all of the suspension geometry changes making the car unstable and unpredictable. A very popular suspension upgrade is to replace these bushing with solid mounts like the ones found on the factory race cars. These kits are machined out of billet aluminum and come with the required hardware to install. This kit can be purchased as a Solid Sub Frame Mount Kit or as a Solid Sub Frame/Tilt Kit as found on the factory 993GT2 race cars. Available Dec 2009 here.

Last edited by Rennline; 11-16-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2009 | 02:01 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

These look like great products, Particularly the rear subframe mounts which include the extra hardware. I bought the solid sides mounts from Smartracing and it was a PIA to come up w/ the extra hardware.

Here's a suggestion for another product, how about some aluminum panels that bolt to the existing wall mounts for those of use doing the RS rear treatment

Sortta like trackmats but for the rear deck and wall,

this is the area that needs a smooth cover
Old 11-16-2009 | 02:31 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Do you have any of the cost yet?

Looks like the new building is paying off, keep the 993 products coming!
Old 11-16-2009 | 03:00 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Do you have any of the cost yet?

Looks like the new building is paying off, keep the 993 products coming!
'

Whoops! Pricing added
Old 11-16-2009 | 03:16 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey Bill, The right hardware is an absolute must for those subframe kits and no one sells them with it. I have seen cars that have used the stock subframe mount bolts and have literally pulled the head of the bolt right through the aluminum subframe mounts after awhile, not good. As for your panel idea....... I'm going to look into that and see how bad the shipping aspect of it will be. It would be a rather large part so shipping costs could get ridiculous, especially for our overseas customers.

The pricing is available, Tom will be updating this post shortly.
Old 11-16-2009 | 03:18 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Very cool products...
I love the mounting bracket for the strut brace!
Old 11-16-2009 | 04:45 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennline
Hey Bill, The right hardware is an absolute must for those subframe kits and no one sells them with it. I have seen cars that have used the stock subframe mount bolts and have literally pulled the head of the bolt right through the aluminum subframe mounts after awhile, not good. As for your panel idea....... I'm going to look into that and see how bad the shipping aspect of it will be. It would be a rather large part so shipping costs could get ridiculous, especially for our overseas customers.

The pricing is available, Tom will be updating this post shortly.
I was thinking 2 pieces. horizontal and vertical, most would cover the area w/ carpet any way but i'm sure that some would leave them bare if they were as nice as the track mats.

As for the hardware on the solid side mounts, I needed to get some thick chassis washers so that the shorter bolts wouldn't pull through, they were odd sizes though, not the usual that my hardware jobber carried. Really nice to see a complete kit though!
Old 11-16-2009 | 05:05 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have an idea for a new product. How about a bolt-in aluminum plate for the rear passenger footwell so we have a place to mount video and data acquisition hardware? I saw one recently that had been custom made.

Greg H.
Old 11-16-2009 | 06:50 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Very nice Paul! You can count on me making the drive up to Milton to pick up some!
Old 11-16-2009 | 07:02 PM
sfl993t4
Instructor

Well done on bringing new products to the market. Does the 3 point brace work with the 92litre tank?
I'm also interested in the tilt kit. I just had a look at the pictures of the FVD and Carnewal offerings and these appear to have four extra screws (and two of the four bolts appear longer than the other two). Is there a reason for this, and is there an equivalent in your kit?
Old 11-16-2009 | 11:25 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Heeeeeello Santa.
Old 11-17-2009 | 02:29 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The tilt kit is a brand new product and the photo isn't showing "exactly" the correct hardware. Once ready to ship all of the correct hardware will be included.

Quick Reply: Rennline Camber Plates, Strut Braces, and Tilt Kits **Upcoming Products*