Another new member comes out! w/ pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Dan;
I just got Dunlop Z1 Star Specs and they're unbelievable. However, if you are going to drive it in the snow, I don't think it's recommended...
Again, thanks for all the kind welcomes!
It won't see snow. Summer only for this one Thanks for the tip..

Originally Posted by Floodj
Dan,
Welcome! Nice car, and in the fastest color too.

If you are interested in DEs you are in the right region. Chicago Region PCA has a very active DE group, and most of the tracks are less then two hours drive for you. The 2009 season is over, but you are in good shape for the 2010 season. It starts with first time DE instruction at Blackhawk Farms in Beloit, WI, I think in April. They do an event each month at BHF, two events at Road America, at least one event at Autobahn CC, and one event at Gingerman in Michigan. I cannot speak highly enough of the Chicago Region guys, they are friendly, helpful, and active.

I recommend you keep some nice street tires on the 17s and put some Michelin Pilot Sport Cups on the 18s and go DE'ing next summer.

--Joe
This is true many nice tracks in the area. Been to them all. Some with BMWCCA, some with Shelby club, and all with SCCA. I'll have to look into porsche club membership now. Do they run Grattan?

Here's a pic of the FC in case people aren't familiar. I'm sure the 993 will be a bit different experience
Attached Images  

Last edited by DanQ; 10-27-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added pict

Quick Reply: Another new member comes out! w/ pictures