Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the dealer's asking $56k...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

OHHH day late and a dollar short, I would have written the check for 50K... oh well.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IRIE911
You boys play rough, anyway I sold my car to Porsche of Arlington (VA) See Sales Mngr returning my tags. My bad on the for sale listing here, I have not posted that much as you can see and should have made myself more aware of the rules. I did not trade the car, I sold the car. I sold it for $47K, the paperwork was done today the check is being processed and I should have it sometime next week, I'll post a copy of it when I get it. I am off to enjoy a beverage from my homeland.
Nice price, well done.....
Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.porscheofarlington.com/de...ntoryID=118369
Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

sales guy reminds me of:
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
Rough indeed--

There are always lots of naysayers on the board who are looking for a 2S or 4S and claim that every one that comes up for sale is over-priced. Meanwhile, they continue to sit on the sidelines without buying a car and the world keeps turning, with RPM, Wilhoit, Sloan and the like buying and selling these cars for very good prices even in a ****ty market.

If prices are as low as they think/hope they would have one in the garage as opposed to complaining that everyone's price is unreaslistic.

There will be one-off's that sell for very low prices from time to time, because the seller is motivated or because the car has a story, but the market is still strong for good, low mile examples.

BTW-- Nice Cayenne posing behind that bottle of rum. Congrats on the sale.
This assessment is pretty good. Having put a 29K mile no stories '98 C2S on the market at $46.9K ($46K RL Special) recently, was amazed at how many 'hostile' phone calls and emails the advertisement prompted.

It had less options than the OP car and needed the 30K service done. Was really surprised so many here suggested to the OP to take the money and run. Isn't this the 993 board?? One would hope everyone would try and talk the guy OUT of selling!

Fortunately, there are people out there who know what they want and know the value of these cars. In less than a week, three real buyers emerged on mine, and that was at a no negotiation price. IMHO there is still a strong demand for these and unless you find someone who needs to sell quickly, you're not getting a decent NB or WB 993 on the cheap.

Now, with that said.....I know I'll be in the market for another one very soon. With winter coming....I'm sure all of your low mile no story 993's will be in the low $30's....right???
Old 10-29-2009, 12:07 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
This assessment is pretty good. Having put a 29K mile no stories '98 C2S on the market at $46.9K ($46K RL Special) recently, was amazed at how many 'hostile' phone calls and emails the advertisement prompted.

It had less options than the OP car and needed the 30K service done. Was really surprised so many here suggested to the OP to take the money and run. Isn't this the 993 board?? One would hope everyone would try and talk the guy OUT of selling!

Fortunately, there are people out there who know what they want and know the value of these cars. In less than a week, three real buyers emerged on mine, and that was at a no negotiation price. IMHO there is still a strong demand for these and unless you find someone who needs to sell quickly, you're not getting a decent NB or WB 993 on the cheap.

Now, with that said.....I know I'll be in the market for another one very soon. With winter coming....I'm sure all of your low mile no story 993's will be in the low $30's....right???
Well said.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

This car's been at RPM for months at $68,500. I've heard it's a beautiful, no-stories car. What's it worth? $65? Is a comparable Turbo really only worth a 15K premium over a C4S? All due respect, it doesn't seem right ...
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
This car's been at RPM for months at $68,500. I've heard it's a beautiful, no-stories car. What's it worth? $65? Is a comparable Turbo really only worth a 15K premium over a C4S? All due respect, it doesn't seem right ...

I wouldn't worry about a car sitting at RPM...They know what they are doing and eventually get there price...It's just a matter of the right buyer coming along (color combo options etc. etc).
Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 537 Posts

I was extremely interested in that TT, but there is no service history of any kind. That being said, it's one of the nicest appearing TT's I've seen at $65K.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Zedder
I was extremely interested in that TT, but there is no service history of any kind. That being said, it's one of the nicest appearing TT's I've seen at $65K.
I would think at 25K miles, service history would amount to a few oil changes. Wouldn't a thorough PPI and body shop inspection tell the story? Anyway, even at $68K is it really only worth 15K over a comparable C4S? I doubt it.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 537 Posts

For me, a lack of service history shows a lack of pride in ownership. Often times, who one buys from is almost as important as the car itself!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

yeah take that deal... they must be making good money on what ever your buying!!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Zedder
For me, a lack of service history shows a lack of pride in ownership. Often times, who one buys from is almost as important as the car itself!
I understand that point of view.

Then again, I bought my C4S from my ex-girlfriend. Although she had owned the car since nearly new and kept up with the service, she had no idea she was supposed to keep records in case of a future sale. Thus, when I bought the car from her, there were very few records at all.

She had pride in ownership. She was just a hot mess, is all
Old 10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I understand that point of view.

Then again, I bought my C4S from my ex-girlfriend. Although she had owned the car since nearly new and kept up with the service, she had no idea she was supposed to keep records in case of a future sale. Thus, when I bought the car from her, there were very few records at all.

She had pride in ownership. She was just a hot mess, is all
I understand the logic as well, however, I've found that many dealers toss records because of liability issues and if the p.o's had the car serviced at a shop that doesn't publish records to CARFAX like dealers do, it's lost history. My car came with no records at all, but fortunately (or unfortunately) all service was done at dealers and showed up on the CARFAX report in some detail with the name of the dealer to the side. Anyway, ultimately the car will tell the story. IMHE, if a car's been abused, it will show.

Quick Reply: Dealer offered $47K