Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer offered $47K

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That train wreck above must have occured in a parallel universe.
The dealer/sales person may have special customer looking for this exact car and doing them a favor by procuring one via the offer.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
IRIE911
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You boys play rough, anyway I sold my car to Porsche of Arlington (VA) See Sales Mngr returning my tags. My bad on the for sale listing here, I have not posted that much as you can see and should have made myself more aware of the rules. I did not trade the car, I sold the car. I sold it for $47K, the paperwork was done today the check is being processed and I should have it sometime next week, I'll post a copy of it when I get it. I am off to enjoy a beverage from my homeland.
Attached Images   
Old 10-23-2009, 09:10 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by IRIE911
You boys play rough, anyway I sold my car to Porsche of Arlington (VA) See Sales Mngr returning my tags. My bad on the for sale listing here, I have not posted that much as you can see and should have made myself more aware of the rules. I did not trade the car, I sold the car. I sold it for $47K, the paperwork was done today the check is being processed and I should have it sometime next week, I'll post a copy of it when I get it. I am off to enjoy a beverage from my homeland.
Thank you sir! Now there....I never ever doubted you for a moment..but as you can see here....sad ain't it?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:15 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rough indeed--

There are always lots of naysayers on the board who are looking for a 2S or 4S and claim that every one that comes up for sale is over-priced. Meanwhile, they continue to sit on the sidelines without buying a car and the world keeps turning, with RPM, Wilhoit, Sloan and the like buying and selling these cars for very good prices even in a ****ty market.

If prices are as low as they think/hope they would have one in the garage as opposed to complaining that everyone's price is unreaslistic.

There will be one-off's that sell for very low prices from time to time, because the seller is motivated or because the car has a story, but the market is still strong for good, low mile examples.

BTW-- Nice Cayenne posing behind that bottle of rum. Congrats on the sale.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Smart move taking the $47K. Congrats!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:47 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Congrats on the sale. As I said in my earlier response, there have been several transactions recently with cars going for considerably higher than what some here think. The reason (IMO)? CONDITION. Yours is/was obviously a good one. This applies to ALL models, not just WBs, as there have been a few low-mile/no story/full history NB coupes sell in the mid forties. Are there cheap 993s out there? OF COURSE! But these cars are getting old now and condition varies a great deal.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Maybe we ARE coming out of the Great Recession?

Congratulations on the sale.

Bob-
Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

My apologies for having expressed doubts as well. I'm truly very glad for you. This may be like the first harbinger of Spring for all of us. There was a bottom made in the market I deal with all day in March and maybe now we've already seen one in 993s.

Here's hopin'.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,145 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Smart move taking the $47K. Congrats!
+1. Beginning of off-season, enough transactions of similar cars below what you got by a few grand and selling your car in less than a week without having to deal with tire kickers...you couldn't have done better.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 283 Posts

I have a feeling that the worried expression on the face of the sales manager in your photo is an indication of the fact that he's going to be trying to sell Hummer H1's after he gets SACKED for paying you 47k for your car.

I congratulate you!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the difference here is the dealer is selling the car on consignment. Why else would they have to "process" a check? Someone upstairs can cut one at any moment of the day it would seem.

Think of it this way. What if the seller of this car had said "I want a $20k for my car. I need a check NOW. TODAY. I'm not waiting until sometime next week for processing" ? That check would have shown up pronto.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:47 PM
blitz928
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about my doubt as well...so what did they really give you for the car?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Hey, thanks for saying who the dealer is (no reason for secrets here on RL, imho.) Now I can go back to my dealer (who told me no Porsche dealer will ever pay retail for a 993), and go nah-nah in his face.

Of course, he still won't buy mine at that price

Time to maybe call up Porsche of Arlington
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrat's OP.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hahaha.....I would have considered it if I was more liquid $$$$ crap!!!!

Quick Reply: Dealer offered $47K