Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOOKING TO TRADE: 2005 MB E55 AMG for 1996-98 993 C2S or C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pewter82
Sorry I didn't research the car, I really didn't care, I was just looking at values sold on Ebay for the ones that actually found someone to buy one. (Ebay is not the end all be all though). The person that listed it, put that on the discription.(I thought it was also odd to have that much HP and only a 5.6) I posted that to show what one sold for with roughly your miles, looks like the 09 C63's are also taking a dump on resale...one went for 38000 with low miles.

Bottom line IMHO its a Fuggly family sedan that has a nice engine. Don't be so thin skinned, your the one who bragged about how fast your sedan was on a Porsche forum.

Honestly I wish you luck dumping that POS, you need to be back in a car you love !
Ouch. I didn't mean to start an argument at all, quite the contrary. I was only pointing out that those figures on eBay were incorrect. In fact I even told the OP that it will be a tough trade since AMGs depreciate very quickly and the 993 doesn't. https://rennlist.com/forums/6970275-post17.html

As I mentioned I own both a 993 and a (2009) E63 AMG. Aside from crazy depreciation (which even the 997 is experiencing, as are Bentleys, Ferraris etc.), it's a great cruiser with amazing power. I really, really like the car and will be owning it for the long haul. The 993 and AMG are totally different kinds of cars (which is why I mentioned to the OP that it will be a tough thing to trade straight out.) No reason to insult my choice of car, too

Owning both is a perfect combo, imho. The AMG is a good daily, the 993 is my pet. But the two just cannot be compared. Apples and oranges for sure. (I actually chose the E63 over the M5 because I wanted a smoother transmission and ride for city driving and travel; but it was a tough choice.)

btw, that C63 you saw on eBay for 38k with low miles is a hijacked account. (WARNING if anybody is serious about looking at it.) It was posted as a warning on the AMG forums as that very same car (same VIN, etc..) is being sold (for a lot more) on Craigslist in FL (the Ebay auction was listed as CA.) eBay has been notified.

OT: EBay has experienced a lot of hijacked accounts lately, and they don't seem to care. Buyer beware. It's definitely become fleaBay for sure. And the cars listed seem to be coming from too many "dealers" who picked the car up at auction and are clueless or just plain b.s.

Anyway, I think the OP was only trying to make his E55 sound great and then defend it because like all sellers of their cars, he wants to sell it!

Cheers.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:07 PM
speedy88
Banned

Sorry I didn't research the car, I really didn't care, I was just looking at values sold on Ebay for the ones that actually found someone to buy one. (Ebay is not the end all be all though). The person that listed it, put that on the discription.(I thought it was also odd to have that much HP and only a 5.6) I posted that to show what one sold for with roughly your miles, looks like the 09 C63's are also taking a dump on resale...one went for 38000 with low miles.

Bottom line IMHO its a Fuggly family sedan that has a nice engine. Don't be so thin skinned, your the one who bragged about how fast your sedan was on a Porsche forum.

Honestly I wish you luck dumping that POS, you need to be back in a car you love !
I am not thin skinned but you really need the READ EVERYTHING before you post. I didn't tried to brag about my car's time, just firing back as another poster said it would take "3" E55 for 1 of his 993. Yeah, right... Only if he got Jerry Seinfield's Turbo S! It might take 5 E55 if that's the case, but it is not.

Another, please don't reference other eBay's auction listing, etc... if you don't have a clue about it or "didn't care".

Sorry, I thought this thread was going to be simple, but now has really gone off the topic. Can someone please delete it?

BTW, here is my "POS":

Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

On a lighter fun note, here's a video from "the crazy AMG boys from the 'hood" (LA) that they made last time they rented out the Famoso track up north in Bakersfield. (It's being rented again by them this Nov 14th.)

Towards the end there's a super fast 996 Turbo (with an outside and inside mounted camera for the video.) Which had the best time at 10.89 @133 (also the lightest car there.)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/G...rld_554369.htm
Old 10-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,105 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Classy...

Red: I noticed you're fairly new to the forum. RL is a great place with lots of helpful and knowledgeable members. Welcome and good luck with your search.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by red96m3
I am not thin skinned but you really need the READ EVERYTHING before you post. I didn't tried to brag about my car's time, just firing back as another poster said it would take "3" E55 for 1 of his 993. Yeah, right... Only if he got Jerry Seinfield's Turbo S! It might take 5 E55 if that's the case, but it is not.

Another, please don't reference other eBay's auction listing, etc... if you don't have a clue about it or "didn't care".

Sorry, I thought this thread was going to be simple, but now has really gone off the topic. Can someone please delete it?

BTW, here is my "POS":

Nice car! And AMGs are far from a POS like the other poster mention.

I have two AMGs + the pcar, and guess which car would be getting kicked to curb if I had to choose only one. There are quite of few pcar owners who own E55, and you don't here them crying down there cars.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1, I had an 04 E55. I now have a 09 C63. A torque monster to compliment the 911.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:41 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
+1, I had an 04 E55. I now have a 09 C63. A torque monster to compliment the 911.
So which do you prefer, the C or the E? I have a 01 E55 and a 00 C43 ( 1 of 20), and there's no way I'll part with my C. When and if ever the engine blows, a 5.5 will be going in.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:35 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
It's always worth a shot! Good luck in your search. Look forward to seeing you on RL with a 993.
Cheers,
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
After 33 years of marriage I have learned..... it doesn't hurt to ask. You have great taste in cars. Good luck.
Originally Posted by Louis J.

Red: I noticed you're fairly new to the forum. RL is a great place with lots of helpful and knowledgeable members. Welcome and good luck with your search.
I'm with these guys. Good luck with your search and like the others have said, it never hurts to ask. It's not like you're asking someone to give you a 993.

Quick Reply: LOOKING TO TRADE: 2005 MB E55 AMG for 1996-98 993 C2S or C4S?