Old 09-28-2009 | 01:31 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

I likey
Old 09-28-2009 | 01:38 PM
Fly911
Rennlist Member

This is amazing!

Nine Meister, tell us more about the engine!!! How detailed can you describe the mods done to the 993 engine? Is that 425 RWHP or is it on the crank?

The exhaust looks interesting with 997 GT3 style twin middle outlets. What system is it, and where can I get it? Does it utilize the standard headers, or it that a special 9M system?

For my own 993 (nearly) standard engine, what would 9M's recomandations be for a $10k upgrade budget? Should I concentrate on big bore cylinders, or head/cams/valves and light weight con rods and pistons? (I already have an RS LW flywheel and GT3 LSD) How far can I go on a standard crank? etc, etc, etc... What about 8:32 ring and pinion in the gear box rather than changing out 2nd though 6th gear?
Old 09-28-2009 | 02:30 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Heres' the dyno result from the proposed 9m 3.82 race engine against 996GT3RS on the same dyno under the same test conditions with the same tyres.....
Nice.

do you know what the numbers are with SAE correction?
Old 09-28-2009 | 08:21 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'll be brief as this thread is all about the car, not just the 9m engine.

The power graph shown is the engine that was fitted to the 9m93RS Widebody, since this car runs 2 seconds a lap faster than the owners very own 997GT3 I have no doubt that it is posting at least 425hp at the crank.

When you are tuning any 993 engine, the first choice you must make is the rpm limit. On a stock crank with a stock rod and piston, 7000rpm is as far as you can go with any reliability. If you keep the stock 993 crank and fit any combination of aftermarket rod and decent piston, you should then be able to run at 7800rpm. Finally, if you fit a 9m or factory GT3 crank with a 9m long rod and 9m 103mm race piston you can run up to 8300rpm. The engine featured is built on the stock crank with a 9m rod & 103mm piston, hence with a 7800rpm limit. The full specification of the motor includes the following 9m Racing engine components which are all production items:

103mm race pistons & cylinders
132mm centres steel rods
Billet cylinder heads
13mm lift Race camshafts, matching valve spring & Ti retainer kit.
Billet steel DLC coated rockers
Individual throttle body intake system
Equal length, split flow header & silencer system
Motec engine management & loom

Rob Dickinson, the owner of the Singer 911 project, wants to have the ultimate aircooled engine for his ultimate aircooled 911 which is why he has chosen Ninemeister to put together the engine package on hs behalf. The engine currently in the car was built & installed with the help of 9m, however the logistics for 9m building all the engines for the production cars is out of the question unless customers demand it so we are looking at other possibilities. At this moment in time, 9m have got one authorised distributor/engine builder which is Racetek Engineering (Geoffrey Ring), but because Geoffrey is in NY and Rob in California, Rob is in discussion with Jerry Woods to see if they are interested in becoming involved in building 9m based engines. At the moment this is as far as it has got.

As has always been the case, for other customers in the US we can ship parts direct for you to have your own engine builders assemble the engines, provided the builder can demonstrate an ability to build & install the engines correctly and also map the Motec system properly. If the tuning of the engine proves to be the only problem we recommend our customers contact Geoffrey and negotiate a package deal for a turnkey Motec system direct with him.

To answer Fly911's specific question, the problem that you guys have with your 993's is tuning the engine management package for smog requirements if the engine is for road use. I cannot help you with Motronic tuning I am afraid. With your budget of $10k, I would consider varioram modifications, sports camshafts, valve springs, mechanical lifters, 100 cell cats (or bypass) but you will need to have the motronic remapped to suit or fit Motec. If funds permit and you could look to a 3.8 upgrade of pistons & cylinders. This would be a similar deal to the 9m 993+1 upgrade and typically gives around 325hp to the crank with a 3.6 litre. For the 993+2 upgrade we would fit billet heads with all of the above and expect to see north of 350hp below 7000rpm.
Old 09-28-2009 | 08:32 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Nice.

do you know what the numbers are with SAE correction?
From the dyno graphing program we use, the graph showed 433.4hp DIN at 7200rpm which it re-corrected to 419.6hp SAE, so give or take you are looking at a comfortable 400-410hp SAE at the crank.

In comparison, Geoffrey's new 3.82 litre high lift 9m race engine posted 412 SAE on a Dynopak hub dyno, which a consultant friend of mine suggests is around 450-460 at the crank. This engine has the benefit of the GT3 crank and the new 9m high lift camshafts, valve springs & retainer package.
Old 09-28-2009 | 09:41 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Simply stunning. I've always wanted something wickedly cool like this. What a machine!!! Stunning. Brutally gorgeous.

I love love love it!!

Quick Reply: Singer 911...wow