Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 1997 993s :-( Sad for me good for you!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 PM
ChicagoFX(993)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I got a 97 S with 87800 miles and I have had a few calls but no takers and I am asking $37.5k and I can negotiate. I would take less than the asking price. So an S with 104k miles, thats a tuff sell in my book. So the so called troll is definetly not living in a fantasy world. Just being real guys.
I understand the idea that 104k mile car isn't exactly "brand new" but, I never said I wasn't open to negotiation.

Those interested should keep in mind I have every single record since the car was purchased (including the original invoice at 56 miles in 1997) and the car has had the top end properly done twice, once at 44,xxx miles and again at 84,xxx miles, so the car is completely good to go...I also had all of the belts spark plugs timing/tune etc done in the last 3k miles.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:22 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh man, this is one of the more entertaining for sale threads I've read.

Good looking car. GL with sale and life in London.

Back to irregularly scheduled flame war.

Phil
Old 09-16-2009, 02:58 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bashing, but wondering why a 993 would need top end done at 44 and 84K?
Surely this is not typical(?)
Old 09-16-2009, 12:41 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MIK911
Not bashing, but wondering why a 993 would need top end done at 44 and 84K?
Surely this is not typical(?)
Just what I was going to ask. It was my understanding that the reason the rebuild was needed was because soft valve slides were installed at the factory. Replacement with better spec'ed parts overcomes this deficiency and from that point you're good to go. Perhaps the SAI was causing problems and threw up CEL warnings at approx 85K. I little more explanation would be useful here. At that rate another rebuild will be required in about 15K miles.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
ChicagoFX(993)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Just what I was going to ask. It was my understanding that the reason the rebuild was needed was because soft valve slides were installed at the factory. Replacement with better spec'ed parts overcomes this deficiency and from that point you're good to go. Perhaps the SAI was causing problems and threw up CEL warnings at approx 85K. I little more explanation would be useful here. At that rate another rebuild will be required in about 15K miles.
The first one may not have had the upgraded parts. I am not sure when Porsche identified the valve guide problem. But I am sure that the second one had the upgraded version of the parts installed as it was done much more recently.

I have had the SAI checked by VFC when I first brought it in and the last time I went, they stated that everything looks tip top. I have never had an SAI CEL and neither did my dad since the 85k job was done. I have a code reader, and the only CEL i have had was related to a misfire and that was solved by having the spark plugs and wires replaced and the distributors cleaned/rebuilt.

Quick Reply: Selling my 1997 993s :-( Sad for me good for you!!