Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Ok, so I have this cool PD watch and don't know what to do with it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 01:07 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for 2 x $25 tickets = $50
Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by quimna
Hi, I am in for 4 tickets. let me know how i can get the money to you.

I also have a paypal account, so 4 = $100.00

Amil
Uh oh....I sense this thing taking on a life is its own!!! But then thats what we wanted, right? I have a day job guys, so tonight I'll update the list and post with totals. No payments yet. Once we know we have a drawing set, we'll send out a post and ask for payment via regular mail before the drawing. You guys are awsome!

Someone suggested posting on other other forums too. I'll try to get that done tonight.

Steve

Last edited by 96PorscheTwinTurbo; 09-12-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 682 Likes on 451 Posts

I'm in for 1 also. Thanks for making this available to us!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Originally Posted by Zedder
I'm in for 1 also. Thanks for making this available to us!!!
My pleasure, Zedder. All in good fun and some good charitable giving. Spread the word. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a great idea. Keep us posted and I am in for at least 2

Mike
Old 09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Yikers..! I just got a few PMs about this thread.. Steve - simply wonderful... I'll buy a couple of tickets as well. Also - a few folks told me you were asking about Project Rennwish? Here is that website:

http://rennwish.org/

I need to update the village school project as we just completed last month the second and final floor. We now have over 300 children enrolled for this year, which, umm - is mind boggling given where all of us started and that we also sponsor education tuition if the children have no parents to afford tuition (tuition in Haiti is government mandated...).. Anyway.... It's your choice for a charity, no problem at all. Simply - Rennwish is Jen & me - and all those who have contributed through the years. And don't expect any glossy brochures, or staff or - 100% goes to the projects, as we oversee them firsthand..

If you want to know more about out next "unannounced" project - Google up "restaveks".. If we had more funds - one of my pet projects would be closer to home - but well...

Anyway - good luck with your raffle & sale.. And thank you for thinking of Rennwish in your earlier posts...

John
Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Originally Posted by John D.
Yikers..! I just got a few PMs about this thread.. Steve - simply wonderful... I'll buy a couple of tickets as well. Also - a few folks told me you were asking about Project Rennwish? Here is that website:

http://rennwish.org/

I need to update the village school project as we just completed last month the second and final floor. We now have over 300 children enrolled for this year, which, umm - is mind boggling given where all of us started and that we also sponsor education tuition if the children have no parents to afford tuition (tuition in Haiti is government mandated...).. Anyway.... It's your choice for a charity, no problem at all. Simply - Rennwish is Jen & me - and all those who have contributed through the years. And don't expect any glossy brochures, or staff or - 100% goes to the projects, as we oversee them firsthand..

If you want to know more about out next "unannounced" project - Google up "restaveks".. If we had more funds - one of my pet projects would be closer to home - but well...

Anyway - good luck with your raffle & sale.. And thank you for thinking of Rennwish in your earlier posts...

John
Wow, John. I'm humbled ,to say the least ,by what you and Rennwish are doing. Thanks for stopping by this thread and contributing. I'm new but I can tell there are a bunch of cool people here.

I plan on updating the tally of tickets and $ tonight and hopefully post on a couple other forums also. Will admit I don't know my way around the site much yet though so, as I've been telling others, help us out and spread the word. Would love to see this raffle get to several thousand dollars. Too much to ask for $5k???

Back on later tonight to update everyone. I'm inclined to make Rennwish the charity recipient but, since all of you out there are making this possible, please weigh in. Shall we make it Rennish?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
Wow, John. I'm humbled ,to say the least ,by what you and Rennwish are doing. Thanks for stopping by this thread and contributing. I'm new but I can tell there are a bunch of cool people here.

I plan on updating the tally of tickets and $ tonight and hopefully post on a couple other forums also. Will admit I don't know my way around the site much yet though so, as I've been telling others, help us out and spread the word. Would love to see this raffle get to several thousand dollars. Too much to ask for $5k???

Back on later tonight to update everyone. I'm inclined to make Rennwish the charity recipient but, since all of you out there are making this possible, please weigh in. Shall we make it Rennish?

Thanks,

Steve
Hey Steve,

It's my pleasure - and again - thank you as well..! I can probably give you an assist with posting to any of the forums ( )- but - please know - this is YOUR RAFFLE and YOUR choice for any charity (Rennwish or another), OK??? Your intentions are wonderful...

As for me? Heck - I dun'no.. Thanks - but, I just do what I do... Always have.. Probably always will..?? When I started Rennlist in 1998 (PorscheList back then on my "i386 server" and a WHOPPING 56K frame circuit - the "good old days" ) - I posted as "just me"... So, well - that's what I do, I guess? I just post as "me"...

As well - Rennwish really isn't to my credit.. It's to the credit of all on Rennlist, and the WOR and some of my other sites who just wanted to do something "different"? I think they did... And I know they do..

And for what you are doing.......???

Thank you....

Let me know if I can help with your raffle, OK??

John
Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Hey Steve,

It's my pleasure - and again - thank you as well..! I can probably give you an assist with posting to any of the forums ( )- but - please know - this is YOUR RAFFLE and YOUR choice for any charity (Rennwish or another), OK??? Your intentions are wonderful...

As for me? Heck - I dun'no.. Thanks - but, I just do what I do... Always have.. Probably always will..?? When I started Rennlist in 1998 (PorscheList back then on my "i386 server" and a WHOPPING 56K frame circuit - the "good old days" ) - I posted as "just me"... So, well - that's what I do, I guess? I just post as "me"...

As well - Rennwish really isn't to my credit.. It's to the credit of all on Rennlist, and the WOR and some of my other sites who just wanted to do something "different"? I think they did... And I know they do..

And for what you are doing.......???

Thank you....

Let me know if I can help with your raffle, OK??

John

Thanks, John. I'll take the assist. if you can help, on posting on other Forums. Even referring them over to this original thread may make it easier to keep track of those willing to participate.

I'll post an updated list of those committed with a $ total later tonight. For now, a rough count tells me we're at or slighlty north of $600. I know that's just a start.

Steve
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi Steve..!

What you might want to do - is post up a new thread once you are set with how you want to do this, OK?? What I'd suggest are:

Pics of your watch;
The ground rules (who to PayPal, funds accounting, what happens if you don't meet your minimum price), etc..
Whatever Charity you want, being clear how the raffle will work...
You know - stuff like that, as you've and others have posted?

From there - I'm pretty certain I can give your post/thread a bit of exposure. Just let us know how to assist, OK??

Best to you,

John
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for rennwish...
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-rennwish.html
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
John D.
Banned

You are amazing... Simply thank you.... Honestly - I'd say more, but well... If you can just read this thread (link below) - I'm a little quiet right now. The thread link is all too familiar to me, having dedicated one of the schools, the primary school in Haiti to Natalie Streather...

I just do not understand... But maybe - that's what Rennwish is supposed to be about..

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...9-03-09-a.html

Anyway - just simply, thank you.. To you and folks like you...
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
TargaMatt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for $50!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

You are amazing... Simply thank you.... Honestly - I'd say more, but well... If you can just read this thread (link below) - I'm a little quiet right now. The thread link is all too familiar to me, having dedicated one of the schools, the primary school in Haiti to Natalie Streather...

I just do not understand... But maybe - that's what Rennwish is supposed to be about..

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...9-03-09-a.html

Anyway - just simply, thank you.. To you and folks like you...

Wow. That is very sad. Cannot imagine losing a child. Too bad we get some of our biggest reminders of what is important in life through these very painful times.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Hi Steve..!

What you might want to do - is post up a new thread once you are set with how you want to do this, OK?? What I'd suggest are:

Pics of your watch;
The ground rules (funds accounting, what happens if you don't meet your minimum price), etc..
Whatever Charity you want, being clear how the raffle will work...
You know - stuff like that, as you've and others have posted?

From there - I'm pretty certain I can give your post/thread a bit of exposure. Just let us know how to assist, OK??

Best to you,

John

Thanks, John. I'll create a new post tonight that we can then get out to other forums.

In the meantime, here is the update. This is getting cool! Thanks to all of you.

I think we've officially selected Rennwish for our charity. Good choice!

Here is the updated list. If I've missed you, sorry. Give me a yell and tell me so. If I've gotten your number of tickets wrong or you want to increase just let me know that too.

Total is $675. This is great and I know is only the beginning.

Name # Tickets Amount
John Velasko 4 100
Blackcat (Pete) 4 100
Quimna (Amil) 4 100
MGA 2 50
993C4SMontreal 2 50
Arena993 (Mike) 2 50
JohnD 2 50
TargaMatt 2 50
Pancho South 1 25
993BillW 1 25
993C2cab 1 25
Raptor 1 25
Pcarhombre 1 25
Academictech 1 25
Zedder 1 25

I'll post something yet tonight that summarizes our raffle "guidelines". I think we'll probably need to draw next Friday or Saturday since I'm heading out of town for the following week so if we don't do it then, we would need to wait another week. That just means we need to get busy and sell sell some tickets!
As always, thanks to each of you for participating.

Steve

Last edited by 96PorscheTwinTurbo; 09-12-2009 at 08:50 PM.