Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Paint to Sample Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^^ stop it ... stop it ... put those pictures away .... I'm going blind ........
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by RP993
Is this car for sale now?

i'm interested in time share
It was for sale a year or so ago in the neighborhood of 140K. IMHO, it was a tad overpriced. Time share would be neat with the right Rennlist members in the same portion of the country. Like sharing a fine piece of art.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Can anyone find the special paint to sample green 993 turbo s in the Porsche museum that was built for Wolfgang Porsche? Absolutely sweet car...
Here we go
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another shade of Green,that I happen to like.Wimbledon Green.Not Paint to sample but car was special ordered in this color
Attached Images  

Last edited by mpgandco; 03-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mpgandco
Here's another shade of Green,that I happen to like.Wimbledon Green
I'm with you on that one .. or Ocean Jade Metallic .. I'm not sure if I could be responsible for my actions if a TT in either one of those colors came up for sale here ...
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 409 Posts

If anyone is interested, the local dealership here in San Antonio has a Wimbledon Green 993 cab in what appears to be very nice condition for sale. (At least I think it's WG) No affiliation, just passing it along.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
It was for sale a year or so ago in the neighborhood of 140K. IMHO, it was a tad overpriced. Time share would be neat with the right Rennlist members in the same portion of the country. Like sharing a fine piece of art.
my first idea about the $140k was "overpriced"
But if you look at low mileage turbo S prices, thay are at the same level. I know, it's simply too much for a DD, but if you want a rare, collectable garage queen, you should pay similar $$. Of course, it's not an "S" but i guess it is a one off color, so from collector's view it's equal to "S". IMHO
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Anybody recall what the actual paint color is on that Orange Turbo? I'm guessing Tangerine/Blood Orange enamel from '72/73 glasurite code 018, lots of clear and a color sand.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I'm not sure if I could be responsible for my actions if a TT in either one of those colors came up for sale here ...
If your actions call for a turbo, just remember who's first in line for your Speedster........
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
If your actions call for a turbo, just remember who's first in line for your Speedster........
Ha ... I thought I saw the bushes shaking ... you know, I'm always thinking 'in addition to ..' that's what keeps me in check :-) and then I have to visualize the new stablemate's color against Arena Red ... right? Don't you think a Wimbledon/Ocean Jade or Tangerine Turbo would look AWESOME next to a Arena Red Speedster???? I mean, you wouldn't want them to clash!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:26 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Funny you should say that. Was questioning my choice of a white Golf R and how it would look next to the GPW 993. Since the latter is usually covered in a chocolate brown stretch cover, I guess its a moot point.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Funny you should say that. Was questioning my choice of a white Golf R and how it would look next to the GPW 993. Since the latter is usually covered in a chocolate brown stretch cover, I guess its a moot point.
Well, when in doubt .. I always say the stablemate should match the other cars calipers .. so for me that would be Speed Yellow ..

But if you have black calipers on the GPW, you could go black or red with the other car ... :-)
Old 03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Had a black Corrado. Never doing black again. The red Audi A3 looks great. I'm not a fan of red generally speaking but the shade of red Audi uses does look great. Don't think red suits the Golf though. That leaves metallic blue, white or grey (maybe this is a Euro only color).
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Had a black Corrado. Never doing black again. The red Audi A3 looks great. I'm not a fan of red generally speaking but the shade of red Audi uses does look great. Don't think red suits the Golf though. That leaves metallic blue, white or grey (maybe this is a Euro only color).
Well, you know GPW is off-white, very beautiful soft and warm color .. and the newer whites are bluish based and quite harsh in comparison .. I think I'd go Grey if you could find it .. with red brakes :-)
Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jimbo3
If anyone is interested, the local dealership here in San Antonio has a Wimbledon Green 993 cab in what appears to be very nice condition for sale. (At least I think it's WG) No affiliation, just passing it along.
Funny .. I saw this car listed on eBay as Oak Green .. and emailed the dealership for the codes .. of course it's not Oak Green at all which is very dark green .. it is in fact my favorite Special Order Ocean Jade and it's got a Nephrite Green all leather interior with wood burl accents .. the options list goes on and on .. if you've never seen pictures of Nephrite Green, these are quite good and as close to a perfect color match as I've seen and almost a perfect tone-on-tone color match to Ocean Jade paint .. almost as if Porsche had planned it that way .... LOVE the Speed Yellow calipers, great choice on this color combo ... but the PRICE!! $62K!!!! Deez boyz be smokin' crack er sumptin .....

Quick Reply: 993 Paint to Sample Pics