Sponsored by:

Long Overdue-- 18' Turbo Twists

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 561 Likes on 379 Posts

Rome,

The wheels look great! I look forward to checking out all the upgrades in Newport in a couple weeks. I plan on heading down with the whole family (4 or us) in the 993, but I don't think I'll be showing it this year. I don't have the time to get it prepped.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I love the twists. Mine need refurbishing after three years of hard living.

My motorsound came with the oval tips, whether a single option code or not, I don't recall. If I find it, I'll post it.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:02 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_993
Rome,

The wheels look great! I look forward to checking out all the upgrades in Newport in a couple weeks. I plan on heading down with the whole family (4 or us) in the 993, but I don't think I'll be showing it this year. I don't have the time to get it prepped.

Thanks. I'll see you there. I think my wife and kids will come too. It's Food & Wine Festival that weekend, so there will be lots to do around Newport.

I suspect I'll park on the lawn regardless of how my car looks just to be part of the fun.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the wheels..very nice upgrade to the cups you had on there. Regarding the wide ovals I believe the poster is correct in saying that you do not have them. I am pretty sure that the wide ovals are the more round looking ones pictured. You have the standard tips with your motorsound..as do I. Anyone know for sure and wiling to confirm this?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:18 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luus
Regarding the wide ovals I believe the poster is correct in saying that you do not have them. I am pretty sure that the wide ovals are the more round looking ones pictured. You have the standard tips with your motorsound..as do I. Anyone know for sure and wiling to confirm this?
Special tips definitely came along with the motor sound package (along with the drilled airbox and special muflers). Lots of threads on this. For e.g. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=34752 The motorsund tips are stainless, and larger than the standard ones. However, I think you are corect that they are more squared off than the ones which people refer to as the "big ovals."
Old 08-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by David993S
FYI - My C2S has factory motorcsound and did not come with the oval exhaust tips.
Motorsound option included a polished version of the standard trapezoidal tip. Ovals were their own option.

Quick Reply: Long Overdue-- 18' Turbo Twists