Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Hello to the MD DC VA rennlisters...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello to the MD DC VA rennlisters...

Hey all,

Just moved to the DC area. Wanted to say hello and get to know some of you folks. If there's ever a rennlist gathering or drive, please keep me in the loop... would love to join you guys. Take care and enjoy the weekend!

Arun
Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by jungleboy
Hey all,

Just moved to the DC area. Wanted to say hello and get to know some of you folks. If there's ever a rennlist gathering or drive, please keep me in the loop... would love to join you guys. Take care and enjoy the weekend!

Arun
Welcome to the madness. Steve will be planning the fall meet-n-greet. Also, hit up dorkiphus.net - a pretty active group of track rats. Also 6speedonline has a group that hangs regularly...

http://dorkiphus.net/porsche/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Old 08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Thanks for the info.... Look fwd to the meet-n-greet
Old 08-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 437 Posts

Welcome. The Fall Meet and Greet with be announced soon. Stay tuned.
The driving path is being formulated as we speak. It will end up and start in ... Rockville MD.

What city did you move to? Do you have a local mechanic yet?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Hey Steve,
Yeah, I'll keep my eyes open for meet-n-greet. Moved to Beltsville, MD for the moment. I've been my own mechanic so far for all minor work and general maintenance. Thanks to this forum and it's archives mostly! But for any major work, any local trustworthy mechanic info would be appreciated. Actually, I am in need of a good porsche paint shop. Any suggestions? Thanks... See you guys soon.

Arun
Old 08-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jungleboy
Hey Steve,
Yeah, I'll keep my eyes open for meet-n-greet. Moved to Beltsville, MD for the moment. I've been my own mechanic so far for all minor work and general maintenance. Thanks to this forum and it's archives mostly! But for any major work, any local trustworthy mechanic info would be appreciated. Actually, I am in need of a good porsche paint shop. Any suggestions? Thanks... See you guys soon.

Arun
Excellent choice of car by the way, the 95 C4S. MOST excellent taste you have. I used to work in Beltsville at Triangle Pacific and eat the donuts at Raulins Bakery whenever I could. I'd recommend German Auto in Springfield VA. Taylor is the mechanic there. I know it's far. I drive there all the way from Gaithersburg. I've tried so many in this area that I'm not happy with. You may find someone that works better for your schedule or needs though.

I have my paint done at EuroPros in Gaithersburg - Jack works on my car there. I wouldn't take it anywhere else. I took it there when I lived in Silver Spring too. Great work, at least for me.

See you soon,
Steve R
Old 08-14-2009, 06:53 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Steve - She's a '96 C4S by the way and thanks. Likewise on the your taste and arctic silver can't be beat. She's a beauty! Sounds like you know this area well. I grew up here and am happy to be back after nearly 12 yrs. Thanks for the shop suggestion. I don't mind driving to a good shop especially if the mech is not a bull****ter... as long as they lay it down straight for me and they do honest quality work, I'll pay the few extra $ for gas and take the time, that's a no brainer. I'll check out EuroPros, I've got some rock chips and scratches to contend with from the track days. It's raining a lot more here than dry sunny south texas. Don't want to mess with the degraded paint. Take care. - Arun
Old 08-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Sounds good. I just posted about the upcoming DC/MD/VA meet and drive, so check it out.

I only trust Taylor at German Auto. http://taylorchapman.com/default.aspx

He used to be at my other shop and I followed him here!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=5336
Old 08-14-2009, 07:26 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Cool thanks...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Welcome to the madness. Steve will be planning the fall meet-n-greet. Also, hit up dorkiphus.net - a pretty active group of track rats. Also 6speedonline has a group that hangs regularly...

http://dorkiphus.net/porsche/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Here I have had 3 porsches in the past 4 years and I never knew about this
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the area!

I agree with Steve completely. Taylor is the best Porsche guy around! Very trustworthy. I wouldn't trust my girl with anyone else.

I hope to see everyone at the meet & greet!
Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
jungleboy
Pro

Thanks Denise! Car looks suberb! Hope to run into you on one of these occasions. Maybe I could pick your brain about your TPC SC and your experience with it... TPC is literally a few miles up the block from where I am right now. I stopped by their shop the other day. Tempting...

Quick Reply: Hello to the MD DC VA rennlisters...