Sponsored by:

Renn price check please

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
kb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Renn price check please

A friend of mine has located a 993 MY96 C4 convertible with 75k miles he is contemplating buying. It is going for a PPI today. What is a reasonable price to offer for it, if all checks out? I have asked that he check on the SAI ports to ensure that they have been recently cleaned and no CEL, even though that should not be a deal breaker. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prices are all over the place really. I'm trying to sell my MY95 C4 cab with 45k miles on it and asking $29 for RLers... 29.5 on Autotrader/Craigslist. No takers at those prices yet, although I've had offers in the $25k range.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:37 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Need more info please. Condition? Stock? Mods? Needs? One owner or five? Documented maintenance history? This could go on for awhile.... If you just want generic pricing on an average 'several owner' 993 that is in decent condition then the price is generally between $28-30k. A superb example with one owner and tons of documented maintenance could command $35k and the other end of the spectrum could be low $20's. I was looking at prices for nearly 2 years before finally making my purchase this past April. So much to know.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
kb
Instructor

Thanks guys. He just sent me pictures this morning and is pretty excited about making an offer. Car body looked good, 2 rear wheels have curbing but seats and interior were very decent. It is a consignment sale so he is working with a salesman at a small area dealership. They asked for 34k. I told him no way.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:58 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kb
Thanks guys. He just sent me pictures this morning and is pretty excited about making an offer. Car body looked good, 2 rear wheels have curbing but seats and interior were very decent. It is a consignment sale so he is working with a salesman at a small area dealership. They asked for 34k. I told him no way.
34k sounds high to me, but from a dealership, who knows. I had a dealer contact me on mine as he had a customer interested in a cab, but all he had were coupes. I sent him the pics and info, but never heard back. I suspect he would have tried to buy it from me for $26 - 27 then flip it to his customer for $34 - 35.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

"...two rear wheels have curbing". Obviously not an ****, obsessive/compulsive owner with great parking skills. Suggest your friend take a big, deep breath and do his best to be less emotional, more objective about this. Plenty of cars out there. Case in point: MURPHYSFLAW's car posted above sounds like a much better deal.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
kb
Instructor

My thoughts exactly. Let's see what the PPI says and whether the price gets lowered. I will point him to Murphysflaw's car also. Might end up being a win win.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:02 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

Yeah, OBD I and no SAI on the '95 is a real plus. If no IMMOBILIZER, it's a no-brainer!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by kb
My thoughts exactly. Let's see what the PPI says and whether the price gets lowered. I will point him to Murphysflaw's car also. Might end up being a win win.

If he doesn't need a C4, I would suggest going with the Murph-mobile, personally. I doubt he'll ever get the dealer down to a price much below $29k so he'll be paying the same price for a car with 30k more on the odo.

Personally, I think the car with 75k is worth something in the low to mid 20s....
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

$34 sounds high, but if the car is perfect & what you want, I would pay a around $30k, maybe a tad more if it's really what you want & in great shape.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by inkatouring
If he doesn't need a C4, I would suggest going with the Murph-mobile, personally. I doubt he'll ever get the dealer down to a price much below $29k so he'll be paying the same price for a car with 30k more on the odo.

Personally, I think the car with 75k is worth something in the low to mid 20s....
Actually, mine is a C4 too. Odd, they didn't make as many of them in the cab, but I'm seeing a ton of them for sale.

I wasn't trying to push my car on this post either... sorry about that. As noted above, if it's the exact car he wants, and the PPI checks out, sometimes folks are happier getting that car instead of settling for a different color, etc.

I'd be more than happy to talk to him about mine if he's interested. I'm not overly anxious to sell it. While my intent is to turn around and buy a coupe or targa, reality is that I'll probably end up putting the money towards something else and being Porscheless for awhile.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Wow, hope I am not insulting anyone but that is ridiculous pricing. With 75K miles on a 96 and a C4, wouldn't you think (condition notwithstanding) you'd be starting closer to $25K for a reasonable price? The proliferation of Boxsters have pulled some wind out of the sails of cab sales.

dave
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 AM
lucroberts
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm selling my 993 MY96 C2 Coupe Polar Silver on Black with 51K miles for US$28.5 K, bone stock except Eibach Springs> Let me know if your friend gets interested.
Attached Images     
Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black ice
Wow, hope I am not insulting anyone but that is ridiculous pricing. With 75K miles on a 96 and a C4, wouldn't you think (condition notwithstanding) you'd be starting closer to $25K for a reasonable price? The proliferation of Boxsters have pulled some wind out of the sails of cab sales.

dave
You are very low on pricing but of course entitled to your opinion BUT are you saying a Boxster would hurt 993 cab sales?? How on Earth is that possible? I didn't even consider a Boxster in my 993 cab search. Didn't even remotely think about it. Where would you get info like that? I certainly have never seen posters state, "I'd sure consider a Boxster in my search for a 993 cab".
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I know nobody is going to like this, but I passed on a 1997 Targa at $21k - got a bad PPI. Missed a private sale on a 1996C2 Cab at $20500. He sold it to a dealer who listed it at $28k. Both cars had 43k and change on the clock. The Cab got a good inspection but I couldn't do the deal in time before the seller left the country for an extended vacation. Plus he never faxed my bank the title for them to run a lien check. Sigh. Dealers have the cash problem, especially if they've had the car a while and bought when prices were higher and the market better.

If/when I ever get the title for the 1995C4 Cab in the garage and decide that I really have had enough of it with the title problems due to a screwed up dealer then I will probably list it at $18500. It's got an oil drip which is why I am lowballing it. Plus it has 82254 miles on it. If I can find the right car, right now a 2004 Lemans Vette Convertible and get $17500 on trade in then it's gone. Big sale if that happens, lots of pieces parts in the garage.

These cars are worth more to us becasue most have had them for a while and put sweat, time and skinned knuckles into them. But as a buyer, I don't care, I am looking for the best car at the best price. But everyone knew that all ready. Having a PSS9 setup on the doesn't raise it's value much, but it is a good selling point. New rubber, the same.

If I decide to keep the car then it's going to be done up for me and a potential buyer may not like or appreciate what's been done.

Quick Reply: Renn price check please