Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renn price check please

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are very low on pricing but of course entitled to your opinion BUT are you saying a Boxster would hurt 993 cab sales?? How on Earth is that possible? I didn't even consider a Boxster in my 993 cab search. Didn't even remotely think about it. Where would you get info like that? I certainly have never seen posters state, "I'd sure consider a Boxster in my search for a 993 cab".
Yeah, I still think so. There are a bunch of potential Porsche purchasers that are not so interested in having a 993 but may be more interested in a more modern car with the Porsche logo on it. Boxster would be the way to go. AC works better, great handling, more modern, etc etc. Besides the fact that there are a crapload of Boxsters out there, they are getting pretty damned cheap.

Don't need a study or some newswriter to tell me this - just supply and demand. Customers don't always tell retailers or sellers what it is they really want.

There are nice cabs wth this mileage in decent shape to be had for the mid-20s. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

dave
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
lucroberts
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 993 will always be the last Air cooled Porsche 911 ever built. It's a different market from Boxsters. Different customer profiles and different generation. Each one has separate audiences. Boxsters are still being built in the same shape. The last 993 rolled out from Stuttgart more than 10 years ago. A few years down the road, 993 s will become real vintage and will pick in value again. My 2 cents...

Quick Reply: Renn price check please