Sponsored by:

Hello and Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
JOtter
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello and Thanks!

I want to thank all of the rennlist members who's posts I have studied for some time as I searched for the right Porsche.

Based on your posts I started talking with Tim Holt of Holt Motorsports. Based on your recommendations, I contacted Bill Daugherty for my PPI. Last Friday I flew to Philadelphia from Columbia, South Carolina and picked up my 1996 C4 from Tim Holt. The PPI and purchase processes went great.

Due to the experiences many of you documented on this forum I got in and drove the 600+ miles along the Appalachian Mountains back home. Despite too many mini-vans in the left lane it was an amazing experience I will not forget.

I look forward to being a member of the Rennlist community.

1996 993 C4 Guards Red/Black 34k miles
Attached Images      
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 PM
helmet155
Pro

Hey congrats on your new ride, looks beautiful! That ride along the Appalaichain mountains is awesome, I did it years ago in an RX7. Very fun but no respect for the left lane 'rule'.

Enjoy it! Do you have your detailing starter kit yet for your first wash at home?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Warpig
Pro

Beautiful... I would have loved to drive my 993 600 Miles home. specially through a bunch of twisties.

Nick
Old 07-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 439 Posts

Stunning pics and a great story! Glad it all worked out for you. Tim bought my 1988 911 sight unseen and made my selling experience a great one. It helped me get into a 993 faster so I was grateful for it's easy sale after owning it for 5 years.

So... after 600 miles on the twisty, curvys, you must be thinking of at least ONE mod or two! Any thoughts on that?

Congrats,
Steve R
Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JOtter,

WELCOME to the club!

Looks like you found a beautiful example of the best (IMHO) p-car ever produced!

If you ever see an Arctic Silver C2S running around Columbia, throw up a hand... That will be me, as I am in Lugoff and spend a lot of time on the weekends in Columbia!

You'll have to ride over sometime and take a look around the Carolina Motorsports Park just north of Camden on Hwy 521... Lots of Porsche-related events there. There's a DE coming in August and another in October if you're interested.

Again... Welcome... This is an awesome on-line community!

Enjoy!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car your going to love the way the C4 handles, enjoy!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the new ride.

Mike
Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Welome, enjoy the fun that your 993 C4 will bring you and everynight logging into Rennlist to see what you may want to do next to your dream car. Isn't this a great place ;-) .....
Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Nice introduction for you on the twisties and for us to the group ... looks like a pristine example ... congrats!!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:35 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride. Great looking 993. Enjoy the heck out of it.
chuck
Old 07-26-2009, 02:56 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Now THERE'S a man who knows how to use the search function. First post = intro, with pics!

Congrats and a pretty car. I envy your delivery trip!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:11 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Beautiful! Looks like she just rolled off the factory floor.

Welcome, and enjoy.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:58 AM
JOtter
8th Gear

Originally Posted by helmet155
Hey congrats on your new ride, looks beautiful! That ride along the Appalaichain mountains is awesome, I did it years ago in an RX7. Very fun but no respect for the left lane 'rule'.

Enjoy it! Do you have your detailing starter kit yet for your first wash at home?
Not really. I am interested in learning what people have had success with especially on the older dark solid paints. I am a fan of 303 inside and P21S for the wheels. I know Holt uses Meguiars #7 to clean them up. I have used Klasse products in the past (red Boxter) with good result. I use Menzerna acrylic spray on my infiniti with good luck but have some Pinnacle Carnuba wax spray left over from the Boxter days. So with what supplies I have in hand I am headed out to make her shine.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 AM
JOtter
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Stunning pics and a great story! Glad it all worked out for you. Tim bought my 1988 911 sight unseen and made my selling experience a great one. It helped me get into a 993 faster so I was grateful for it's easy sale after owning it for 5 years.

So... after 600 miles on the twisty, curvys, you must be thinking of at least ONE mod or two! Any thoughts on that?

Congrats,
Steve R
I am torn on the mods. Had many in mind till I drove her home Then got thinking being able to say 100% stock is pretty cool. I assume this is a common phase and I soon will be finding projects and making changes. Interior is 100% black except for the silver crest on the shift ****. So cosmetics, I could play off the aluminum without over doing it. She has the silver calipers, insignia and Carrera 4 wheel caps outside. Performance, would love to tweak that exhaust sound just a touch. It is awesome as is. I dont race but am interested in the favorite performance mods on the 993.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JOtter
I want to thank all of the rennlist members who's posts I have studied for some time as I searched for the right Porsche.

Based on your posts I started talking with Tim Holt of Holt Motorsports. Based on your recommendations, I contacted Bill Daugherty for my PPI. Last Friday I flew to Philadelphia from Columbia, South Carolina and picked up my 1996 C4 from Tim Holt. The PPI and purchase processes went great.
Congrats! I am a little jealous since I haven't pulled the trigger yet on my first 993. I spent some time at Holt and even took one for a test drive. He is very knowledgeable and everyone that dealt with him says he makes the experience worth while. I saw your car in there a month back or two and commented to Tim how clean the C4 was inside and out. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Hello and Thanks!