Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New RUF wheel/Devective Airbag LAPD! RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spoke to them again today, and they REALLY eem like they wanna help. At this point I beleive them.....the guy I am dealing with is super nice!

and yes, I paid by credit card, and I am a VERY good visa client, with LOTS of coverage!!!!!!I hope I dont have to go that route.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:40 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call RUF in Germany, they will know the answer.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by c993k
Call RUF in Germany, they will know the answer.
How about RUF in Dallas?

Also, they said it could be the "clock spring" (sp) causing the problem. It is sensitive and breaks easily.....any thoughts???
Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

spoke to them again today and they offered me the following:

1- I pay them $900 and they ship me a new airbag, and when I return the old one, they refund me.
2- I ship them the old one, and they will replace it. My brother in law lives in LA but is travelling for an idefintae period, so would any of you kind LA guys help me out?

I would appreciate it one of my RL brothers can help me out. I will ship you the airbag, and you can go to LAPD and they will exchange it for you on the spot.

If anyone is willing to help out...please PM me.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
How about RUF in Dallas?

Also, they said it could be the "clock spring" (sp) causing the problem. It is sensitive and breaks easily.....any thoughts???
If that were the problem your other airbag would fail also, right?
In any case, looks liike they are willing to exchange it. Hopefully someone in SoCal can assist.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

I'll take care of it for you. PM sent.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

The latest...

First of all...Thanks Chuck for the offer, I will probably ship it next Monday....

In the mean time, before I ship it back to LAPD for an exchnage AI wanted to make sure I try everything. I spoke to RUF Germany, and thier head machanic said that the RUF SW is the exact same for the 993,996 &997, but the airbags are different, hence differrent ohms. and maybe I have the airbag for the 996 or 997.

I am not sure this is accurate because in the RUF parts catalog the part numbers are identical for both SW for 993 & 996.

Any thoughts on this from the experts....

TIA,
sam
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Chuck, if you need a hand, pm me. It's across town for me, but as it turns out I'll be in La Canada Flintridge sometime next week.

Sam, I'm curious, why can't you just send it back directly to LAPD and then have them send back the replacement? Why do you have to send it to an intermediary?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Canyon56
Chuck, if you need a hand, pm me. It's across town for me, but as it turns out I'll be in La Canada Flintridge sometime next week.

Sam, I'm curious, why can't you just send it back directly to LAPD and then have them send back the replacement? Why do you have to send it to an intermediary?
Just because Chuck is familiar with these airbags and is in a good position to make sure they excchange it for the right part......I dont want to risk them sending me the wrong piece by mistake.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

the resistance in airbags between the 993 and the 996 should be the same since many of us have no problem installing three spokers into our old porkers
Old 05-14-2009, 06:59 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chris walrod
the resistance in airbags between the 993 and the 996 should be the same since many of us have no problem installing three spokers into our old porkers
thanks for all your input.....it all helps is piecing this thing togther....
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

wow
Old 05-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by stephenlin44
If you have been ripped off by Los Angeles Porsche Dismantler......
stephenlin44 – So, you posted for the first time on Rennlist today on four different threads with the same exact message; all targeting LA Porsche Dismantler. Is there more to the story?

I have bought numerous things from them for my 993 and Boxster S without a problem. They are great folks.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 on what Chuck said. I have only used them twice, but both times were flawless. Not a good first 4 posts IMHO.

Mike
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
stephenlin44 – So, you posted for the first time on Rennlist today on four different threads with the same exact message; all targeting LA Porsche Dismantler. Is there more to the story?

I have bought numerous things from them for my 993 and Boxster S without a problem. They are great folks.
Chuck, is it possible that your experience with Los Angeles Porsche Dismantlers may be colored by the fact that you've dealt with these people more than once and have established some sort of relationship with them? Or, maybe since you're local to them, you've have had face-to-face dealings with them as well? You see, that person is probably least likely to be victimized by any given company, and especially LAPD. Also, as I recall you happen to be a police officer. If they know that, perhaps that would also put you in the position of least likely to have a problem with LAPD as well.

From what I've read, they are OK if you actually go there and do business and examine the part in person.

However, it appears they have a much less successful track record if you call and have them deliver. There are many reports of them here on Rennlist which claim they knowingly lie about the condition of parts to customers who phone in. Not once, not even several times, but in numbers that would appear they have an established track record of defrauding customers. Also, many people here claim they refuse to refund money when they ship shoddy merchandise and are called on it.

I'm sorry, but it would be very unlikely to have this many people claim the same thing without something being amiss. At best, it's amateurishly sloppy management; at worst, it's a company culture of fraud and deception of the worst kind. Either way, something's gotta give.

If they are in fact wonderful people, then they would probably care to know that their style of careless management is harming their customers and costing them business. They may not care. They may do such business that they could care less who they harm now.

But the great/terrible thing about the Internet is word travels fast. I have no doubt that reading all these bad reports about LAPD on here has cost them business. And the more people who read about these stories, the more it will cost them. As many bad stories I've read about folks getting burned by LAPD, I've read hundreds where Internet postings have directly contributed to putting unscrupulous people out of business.

If LAPD are good folk, they'll rethink their customer service and get pro-active with their management. If they're bad people, they'll wind up going out of business, or worse.

Quick Reply: New RUF wheel/Devective Airbag LAPD! RESOLVED