Sponsored by:

C4S v. C2S values

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 AM
kr994
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trickydisco
I'm seeing several C2S/C4S in the $50K's in Autotrader. These are the same prices as pre-financial crisis comparables with similar mileage. Somewhat confusing...
These are not only the same prices but actually the same cars !
Believe me, I have been in the C2S market for last 10 months or so (finally found my car just a few weeks ago). Nobody buys these cars for $50K.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:23 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
man these threads annoy me.

If you want investments, purchase some damn muni bonds.

You bought a bunch of steel, plastic, and rubber thats sole purpose in life is to be driven.

Stop candyassing around with which one will be worth more or more collectible, and just drive the bloody thing.

Its not a one off race car, its a mass produced, mid priced sports car. You will ALWAYS find another.
But they only made 1 of mine!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:41 AM
grwoolf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kr994
Believe me, I have been in the C2S market for last 10 months or so (finally found my car just a few weeks ago). Nobody buys these cars for $50K.

I bought my arena red CS about 6 months ago and paid almost $50k (dealer). I also offered $52.5k for guards red CS to a private seller, but he didn't take my offer and sold it for $55k (late oct.). Maybe we were both suckers, but that's what it was worth to me at the time and I wouldn't sell it for $60k today (finding the right car is too much work!). I only looked for about 3 months, but I haven't seen another Arena Red sub 25k mile "great deal" car out there since I bought mine. I still see some of the same cars for sale that were out there when I was looking, but these are higher mileage examples or had stories and were still asking mid to high 40's. There are certainly deals to be had if the buyer is motivated since it's such a poor time to sell (especially if you are flexible on colors and options).
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
This thread alone ( https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=34752 ) where the OP is struggling to decide between a fairly high mileage (65K) 993 C4S and a low mileage 997 for about the same price, says quite a bit about the lasting value of the 993 how much it is loved by enthusiasts.
Sorry I was away.

But I can show you equally as many threads about 964's, 3.2's old S's etc. I for one would not take a 996/997 in place of either of my 964's especially my turbo even if I was offered the car in perfect shape with double the $$ back.

These conversations can go any direction based on the individuals involved. the 993 does not have the market cornered as everyone's ideal 911. It is just another link in the chain.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Its not a one off race car, its a mass produced, mid priced sports car. You will ALWAYS find another.
Oh, mine is a one-off, priceless race car. Storied history and all.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Oh, mine is a one-off, priceless race car. Storied history and all.
well then don't stuff it into a tirewall and you'll be all set
Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
+993. AMEN, brother!

If you want investments, purchase some damn muni bonds.

You bought a bunch of steel, plastic, and rubber thats sole purpose in life is to be driven.

Stop candyassing around with which one will be worth more or more collectible, and just drive the bloody thing.

These are cars, not investments. I think we all need to take a step back. That said I love my turbo, and love to DRIVE it!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
grwoolf
Racer

Originally Posted by kr994
These are not only the same prices but actually the same cars !
C2S sold on Ebay yesterday for $59k (assuming the sale goes through). There is always a market for the very top quality cars and I'm assuming this was one.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

IF they annoy you then DONT click on it!! SHEESH how hard is that. The whole purpose of these forums is to talk about our cars and I am sorry but the search function is NOT perfect, in fact it leaves alot to be desired. SO its no sweat off anyones nose to ask a question even if it reoccurs every couple years. IF you dont like it dont read it. It shouldnt bother you unless you are part of the new democratic fairness doctrine movement which is out to limit free speech. When you buy a membership then you will be allowed to be annoyed. 530 posts without buying a membership is upthere in the cheap seats.

Now to the question. I have no dog in this race. I have had a 993 Twin Turbo, a 996 GT3, and a 2007 997 GT3. I had to sell my last GT3 because of my back problems which I had surgically fixed (I hope!)
Now I am back in the hunt for a 997 TT. However the 993 to me will always hold a special place in my heart. Its has the cleanest lines and is the most pure of 911s and if you think of its history it came out of no where. I would love to have a garage queen thats a 993. Now what kind? The 993 C4S is such a cool design. A turbo with out the motor. It has everything the TT has without the complexity of the turbo motor. Maybe a great compromise for someone who is more comfortable with a non blown motor. No Boost no diverter valves to go bad. No Turbo hoses to blow off right at the wrong time, no intecooler to worry about dinging. But it has the looks with the brakes and you can drive it in the winter months. Its a great car and it serves a special market. Its definitely a Porsche ICON.

HOWEVER the C2S is THE ICON of the 993 run outside of the Twin Turbo. This is the purist 911 in my opinion. It represents so much that is Porsche. All of the iconic GT cars are two wheel drive. The GT3 considered Porsches most purist drivers car. The 993 C2S most mimics that and its THE last air cooled 911. Its the purist example of air cooled 911. I dont think it is going to be worth that much more than the C4S which brings so much to the plate. But man the C2S is the bean!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

IF they annoy you then DONT click on it!! SHEESH how hard is that. The whole purpose of these forums is to talk about our cars and I am sorry but the search function is NOT perfect, in fact it leaves alot to be desired. SO its no sweat off anyones nose to ask a question even if it reoccurs every couple years. IF you dont like it dont read it. It shouldnt bother you unless you are part of the new democratic fairness doctrine movement which is out to limit free speech. When you buy a membership then you will be allowed to be annoyed. 530 posts without buying a membership is upthere in the cheap seats.

Now to the question. I have no dog in this race. I have had a 993 Twin Turbo, a 996 GT3, and a 2007 997 GT3. I had to sell my last GT3 because of my back problems which I had surgically fixed (I hope!)
Now I am back in the hunt for a 997 TT. However the 993 to me will always hold a special place in my heart. Its has the cleanest lines and is the most pure of 911s and if you think of its history it came out of no where. I would love to have a garage queen thats a 993. Now what kind? The 993 C4S is such a cool design. A turbo with out the motor. It has everything the TT has without the complexity of the turbo motor. Maybe a great compromise for someone who is more comfortable with a non blown motor. No Boost no diverter valves to go bad. No Turbo hoses to blow off right at the wrong time, no intecooler to worry about dinging. But it has the looks with the brakes and you can drive it in the winter months. Its a great car and it serves a special market. Its definitely a Porsche ICON.

HOWEVER the C2S is THE ICON of the 993 run outside of the Twin Turbo. This is the purist 911 in my opinion. It represents so much that is Porsche. All of the iconic GT cars are two wheel drive. The GT3 considered Porsches most purist drivers car. The 993 C2S most mimics that and its THE last air cooled 911. Its the purist example of air cooled 911. I dont think it is going to be worth that much more than the C4S which brings so much to the plate. But man the C2S is the bean!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OldGuy

welcome aboard Paul. Couldn't agree with you more about the C2S. All this talk about you getting a 997tt (naturally I'm jealous) but your a 993 guy. The 993 tt fits you like a glove. Save your $ buy a 993tt mod the heck out of it and have fun!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,040 Likes on 1,793 Posts

+1,000...on everything including the nosebleeds comment.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

^^^^^Hey stranger!!!! Welcome back??
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Safemoney
Racer

Old Guy...you can say that again....wait -

You did.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

I don't care if people make the threads, its the fact that people care that much about how much their cars are worth that annoy me. If you want appreciation, buy some land or some art. If you want a fantastic machine, buy the car, and use it for what it was intended for. I bet you buy nice watches and just stick them in a drawer right. I mean, if you wear it, it might get scratched.

Whether I spend the $17 to buy a membership on this site has ZERO relevance on my ability to be annoyed by the content of a post. This is not the rennlist of old. Its a corporate run cash cow, and nothing more. Amazingly, I've never paid for membership on any of the dozen other forums I'm a member of. What makes rennlist different? The value that I add with some posts is received back when I get help from something. I don't need a silly sticker or a fancy avatar to add value or receive value.

This membership debate is another pathetic thing that annoys me.

Quick Reply: C4S v. C2S values