Sponsored by:

Track seat advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 390 Posts

That Revosport GT2 c/f seat might even have been the one I saw. You relly do need to sit in them though and they weren't close to me.

The SPG XL install has been a real adventure 5mo. of headaches and frustration. I can see the light though
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
dpressley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt
Wives don't like deep bolsters. Period.
Not all!

I'd love to get a pair of SRD's for the '95. We're going to track it, but I've got to shuttle kids now and then. If anyone is thinking of "upgrading" from their older SRDs or a newer pair of Recaro Speeds, let me know.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Question 964 Speedster seats?

Originally Posted by pickering993
wishing that I had a more bolstered seat
What would you guys suggest over the OEM hardback seats?
Originally Posted by icelatte
I have the PP and my wife complains about the thin cushioning.

Cost no issue, I would also look at the Cobra Misano.
Originally Posted by ltc
As mentioned, currently the best 'compromise' seat is the new GT2 seat, albeit priced at a premium. IMHO, the next would be seats from an RS or a RSAmerica.
Great thread. I was considering Cobra Misano 'lux' w/ CF backs & embroidered "Porsche." IIRC: lightest w/ adjustable seatbacks.

Cost no issue, I'd appreciate your thoughts on another that may suit Chris, too: similar to RS - factory Speedster seats; if one has pre-purchase access to assure they fit well.
Originally Posted by LA964RS
the speedster and the RS are different seats. Speedster seat is a bit wider in the butt. Plus the speedster seat has the trampoline system in it which makes it more comfortable as it has a bit mor cushion.
Speedster seats

GT2 seats $5,400 USD on eBay (no affiliation)

GT2 seats $6,700 USD on eBay (no affiliation)

Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by curve lover
Great thread. I was considering Cobra Misano 'lux' w/ CF backs & embroidered "Porsche." IIRC: lightest w/ adjustable seatbacks.

Cost no issue, I'd appreciate your thoughts on another that may suit Chris, too: similar to RS - factory Speedster seats; if one has pre-purchase access to assure they fit well.Speedster seats

GT2 seats $5,400 USD on eBay (no affiliation)

GT2 seats $6,700 USD on eBay (no affiliation)

Looks like a nice solution for those that need folding seats.

I notice that they are a ~$3500 option on Cayman S
Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need folding seats then the Recaro Sportster CS is another option and is fairly reasonable, although you have to remove one of the reclining ***** for it to fit into a 993. Has a similar shape to the Pole Position and is a factory seat in a number of cars - Evora, RS4, Euro-spec GTi (I think).
Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 AM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am interested in this thread, as well. I would like to put some better bolstered lighter seats in my car. I am 5'8", 165 lb, 31" waist, so I think most should fit me. Cost no object, I would look to GT2 or Misano seats, I think. I would like to keep leather and probably recline.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spartan
Will you be using a HANS? I find that my HANS rubs the back of the GT3 seats which makes me wonder if they are even hans compatible? Doesn't bother me enough to buy new seats though

I really liked my recaro pole positions but they the harness holes were too low for my shoulders.
Can't you just remove the seat cushion when you are using the 5 or 6pt. harness? I guess if you are using it frequently, you like to have the cushion there or else you get a sore butt.. . I've considered PPs but didn't even think about the height of the holes. I would probably have the same problem..
Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Can't you just remove the seat cushion when you are using the 5 or 6pt. harness? I guess if you are using it frequently, you like to have the cushion there or else you get a sore butt.. . ...
For track days I have to remove the seat cushons for helmet clearance, for street use I use the oem 3 point belt

Originally Posted by vhanzon
....I've considered PPs but didn't even think about the height of the holes. I would probably have the same problem..
If you are 6' or over(maybe even shorter) the PP holes are going to be a problem w/ DAS rollbar, maybe w/ a different horizontal height on the cross bar it would be ok.

From my experience this past winter big guys will have a real problem w/ aftermarket seats.

As I posted earlier there are a lot of little seemingly minor issues that all have to come into focus to make this work and there isn't a lot of wiggle room(no pun intended).
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
Yeah, not to keep singing the same old song, but it was a bear for me to find seats that fit both me and the car. I'm 6'4" with a 36" waist and broad shoulders (46L coat). The Evo 2 Plus was the only seat I found that fit me. I wouldn't have minded trying the A8, GT3 or GT2 seats, but they are much more expensive and I didn't have a chance to try any during my search. I was on a short schedule because the Sparco Roadster seats (FS by the way... I need to get an ad up) installed by the PO were painful.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM
V
Rennlist Member

I'm same size as Reddy 6'4" 220lbs. But over here the Heigo rollbars/cages are much more common. I have a friend who has Recaro PPs and Heigo rollbar and hes more like 6'7". I can test fit in his car prior to buying..

Does anybody know if the RUF seats are a nice option for combined street and track use?

Quick Reply: Track seat advice