Sponsored by:

Control Arm Link (Toe Link)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile ERP...

bent a toe link with a drop link failure...Tarrets weren't around at the time. Went to the ERPs as they were somewhat similar price wise to factory replacement links...had them on for 2+ years, they are still doing the job!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:16 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
I emailed Tarett about which rubber boots to use to protect the arms, and they recommended these:

http://www.sealsit.com/rodendboots.asp

I am curious as how well did the Baker body ones look and seal? I have a set of the standard Tarett arms ready to be installed, but have been holding back until I get the rubber seals sorted.

Cheers,

Mike
I talked with both Tarret and Sealsit. Tarret requires 14mm boots for both ends.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I talked with both Tarret and Sealsit. Tarret requires 14mm boots for both ends.
Both the mail and female ends? I will measure the ones I have this weekend, lots to do with the weather being nice, so busy, busy, busy....
Old 04-18-2009, 06:38 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Both the mail and female ends? I will measure the ones I have this weekend, lots to do with the weather being nice, so busy, busy, busy....
Yeah, I spoke with Sealsit and they said their sizes are the measurement of the diameter of the cross-bolt hole in the head (bushing bore). Then I spoke with Ira at Tarret. He said the bushing bore at both ends is 14mm, however he also said that in all the sets he's sold he knows of no failures due to debris due to the extremely good quality and tight tolerances of their bushing/housing units. I suspect bagging these would be overkill, not that that's a bad thing......

Quick Reply: Control Arm Link (Toe Link)