SRP Racing Pedals - As low as $64

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRP 993 Racing Pedals - As low as $64

Hello,
My name is Brian and my company is SRP. We are now a Rennlist Sponsor. SRP has been specializing in racing pedals since 1995. I know there are a lot of choices out there for pedals for your Porsche. I do hope you will find the time to look over our many options as we have pedals for all budgets and for all purposes. Our pedals are made to fit your vehicle specifically. You do have to drill holes to mount the pedals. Once installed, they are a part of your car with no chance of coming off. Our pedals are designed for performance enthusiasts, offering much improved heel toe placement and the highest levels of grip.

I have set up a discount coupon for Rennlist members.
Just enter: rennlist while checking out for 20% off.

------------------------------------
Here is the pricing for the pedals:

The retail price for the Machined finish 993 pedals is $105 plus shipping.
Add $10 for Satin
Add $50 for Grid, Block or Cleats

Using the discount coupon code, rennlist, the pricing is:

Machined: $84
Satin: $92
Grid, Block or Cleats: $124

plus shipping

If you would like to order the pedals without the footrest this reduces the Machined finish cost to $79 retail, or $63.20 with the coupon.
------------------------------------

We have 5 different surface finishes to choose from.

The following pictures are to show the different surface finishes. The Satin and Grid are the most popular. Most of the pictures are not of 993 pedals so the outside shapes are different, but the detailing is the same.

GRID +$50

SATIN +$10 **This picture is actual 993 pedals**

MACHINED

BLOCK +$50

CLEATS +$50

After many years of people asking how the grip compares to factory, and me telling them they are great, I finally got around to doing some testing to show just how much grip they do have. Below are the results of the testing. Just to clarify, the wet test was NOT done with water, but with Armor All. We wanted to do a worst case scenario type test.

Also, just to clarify, we used to make our Grid pedals with flat tops, instead of pointy tops. After doing this testing we have switched all our Grid pedals to the "Pyramid" pointy top style.

DRY

WET

Not the greatest installed photo, or a 944 for that matter, but it's all I can dig up right now.

www.srpracing.com

Updating thread to show our Black Grid pedals.
Check out our website for more info on our black anodized pedals.

Last edited by pedalpusher; 04-23-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:22 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ever thought of mounting a hinge on the bottom and having the gas pedal be a complete replacement instead of a cover?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:46 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

I've known Brian for a number of years and have used his fine products with excellent results. One additional benefit, in addition to the accelerator pedal being wider for easier "heel & toeing", is that, when installing the accelerator pedal, you can add washers between the OEM pedal and the SRP pedal to act as shims to raise the height. When fully compressed, the brake pedal should be just slightly higher than the accelerator pedal. Incidentally, Brian is one helluva good driver...almost as good as his mom...seriously!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
travanx
Pro

For the Grid Top Pyramid on a manual, do they feel ok when driving barefoot?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:32 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Brian, post a picture of 993's dead pedal, please. I have a nasty feeling that it is going to have the same issues as MaxSpeed pedals. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:21 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nile13
Brian, post a picture of 993's dead pedal, please. I have a nasty feeling that it is going to have the same issues as MaxSpeed pedals. Hope I'm wrong.
I hope you are wrong too. I've sold quite a few sets through the years with the dead pedal, but not a whole lot. I've never heard that they didn't fit, but that doesn't mean they don't. Below is a picture I found on Ebay of the 993 footrest area. Our pedal should cover that vinyl area.

Our pedal is: 9.5" tall, 3.5" wide at the bottom, and 2.75" wide at the top, with a right angle at the bottom right. I don't have a 993 handy, maybe you or some other person would be helpful enough to check my dimensions against the area on the car.

I do make some dead pedals with a flange on the right side that help to mount the pedal and support it on uneven floorboards. The 964 and earlier 911's are ones I need to work on that needs this method of mounting. If needed we can do this with the 993 too.

Brian

Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by travanx
For the Grid Top Pyramid on a manual, do they feel ok when driving barefoot?
I'm not a barefoot person myself, so I can't speak from experience. If your feet are toughened up from walking around barefoot you will probably be ok. If you only drive barefoot then your feet might not like the pedals.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:30 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Brian, I have an early 993 cab and the dead pedal issue is somewhat unexplored. I know newer Rennline pedals fit (older ones did not). New Maxspeed pedals fit. I have not seen a flat pedal like yours used in a 993. Would be interesting if it fits the area and can be held down securely without the driver's shoe being caught on the side of the pedal.

I thought that 964 and 993 tubs and the foot well areas would be the same, no?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
I've known Brian for a number of years and have used his fine products with excellent results. One additional benefit, in addition to the accelerator pedal being wider for easier "heel & toeing", is that, when installing the accelerator pedal, you can add washers between the OEM pedal and the SRP pedal to act as shims to raise the height. When fully compressed, the brake pedal should be just slightly higher than the accelerator pedal. Incidentally, Brian is one helluva good driver...almost as good as his mom...seriously!
Thank you for the kind words and the advice. Shimming the pedals to achieve a more ideal height relationship is very important and something people don't always think about doing.

Brian
Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nile13
Brian, I have an early 993 cab and the dead pedal issue is somewhat unexplored. I know newer Rennline pedals fit (older ones did not). New Maxspeed pedals fit. I have not seen a flat pedal like yours used in a 993. Would be interesting if it fits the area and can be held down securely without the driver's shoe being caught on the side of the pedal.

I thought that 964 and 993 tubs and the foot well areas would be the same, no?
Looking at that picture in the previous post it looks like our current pedal should have enough area to mount to safely. Hopefully someone can confirm using the dimensions I posted above.

I have a friend with a 964 and his footrest area does not look like that 993 picture above. He does not have a large flat vinyl area. His car will definately need a flanged pedal.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:22 PM
VMXWinn
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pedal Pusher, I am looking for just a dead pedal. Do sell that seperate?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Duckman
Racer

Brian, on your comparison charts, you list Grid Pyramid and Grid/Flat Top, which have very different test results. On your website you have an option for Grid. Which is it? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:36 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Duckman
Brian, on your comparison charts, you list Grid Pyramid and Grid/Flat Top, which have very different test results. On your website you have an option for Grid. Which is it? Thanks.
I'm sorry this isn't clearer. We now only make them with the Pyramid Grid style. After doing the grip testing I saw no reason to make the flat top version since the pointy top had much higher levels of grip. If someone wanted the flat top style, for whatever reason, we can make it. I know there are still pictures on the website of the flat top version, I just need to find the time to change them out.

Brian
Old 03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I had these SRP pedals in satin finish on my '94 Miata and loved how they felt and looked. I did not have any issues with slippage, even with wet, leather-soled dress shoes.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

I am working on a footrest for the 964. I think there is a very high likelyhood it will work on the 993 too.

964 Grid Pedals

Quick Reply: SRP Racing Pedals - As low as $64