Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

993 GT2 BRAAAAND NEEEEEW - captured.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:32 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....OK....we're gonna need an explosives expert...anyone?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 AM
droy3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA964RS
.....OK....we're gonna need an explosives expert...anyone?
Used to blow things up real good (i.e. big rocks, tunnels and and such)...not so good at the controlled stuff...before anyone gets the wrong idea I used to be a consulting engineer, primarily based on mining applications. Always qualify in this day and age since we don't know who's listening...
Old 03-19-2009, 03:45 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Wish I was able to take photos as crisp clear, neat sorroundings as those taken of Baby Blue GT2 in post#44. The Speed Yellow was sitting on jack garaged waiting for something, before sent back to storage area, somewhere! It obviously needed a wash, long over due polish job, etc. But in any event who cares about cleanliness - if it were mine, I wud have happily licked it clean all over - in joy!

Know what, I never liked Baby Blue color by Porsche back in late 90's when it was released as new color for 993 cars. Many people agreed - such a terrible choice of color, yet must say that this BB color GT2, and credit be to whoever took those shots, finally persuaded me it wasn't such bad color choice by Porsche factory, after all.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the looks of your Turbo S much better. Would you like to sell it at a really good price? - Glenn
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
future
Banned

I got the pictures of the blue GT2 from detailingworld.co.uk after the car had just undergone a £500 full paint correction machine polish, clay and wax. As well as the lovely 993 GT2 the lucky owner also owns the orange 997 RS and a Rubystone Red 964 RS with orange graphics - will try and dig out some more pics.

The owner obviously likes his p-cars to stand out
Old 03-19-2009, 11:28 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by future
As well as the lovely 993 GT2 the lucky owner also owns the orange 997 RS and a Rubystone Red 964 RS with orange graphics - will try and dig out some more pics.
Yes, I saw the 3RS in Orange hiding in the background.. and I hate that guy

More pix of the Nogaro would be appreciated if you can find them!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:08 PM
future
Banned

This is the company which detailed the car with more pictures on there site: http://www.detailfinish.co.uk/

I will request all the high-res pictures from him if interested
Old 03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELPORSCHA
Many people agreed - such a terrible choice of color, yet must say that this BB color GT2, and credit be to whoever took those shots, finally persuaded me it wasn't such bad color choice by Porsche factory, after all.
The blue GT2 in this thread was a paint-to-sample Audi Nogaro Blue, not a standard Porsche paint color.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:38 PM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The (once) owner is a trader, the bluegt2, 964 & 997 have all since been sold..understand blue Gt2 is back in mainland Europe.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
future
Banned

The blue GT2 in this thread was a paint-to-sample Audi Nogaro Blue, not a standard Porsche paint color.
This is correct it was never offered as a factory option however this GT2 was painted at the factory

The (once) owner is a trader, the bluegt2, 964 & 997 have all since been sold..understand blue Gt2 is back in mainland Europe.
Also correct mate

Here is a picture of our project 968 Turbo RS conversion over in Switzerland (sorry poor quality picture):

Old 03-19-2009, 04:13 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

This is the company which detailed the car with more pictures on there site: http://www.detailfinish.co.uk/

I will request all the high-res pictures from him if interested
Thnx, really wud appreciate if you were able to get hold of some HR pics of that BB GT2. ...
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

I got the pictures of the blue GT2 from detailingworld.co.uk after the car had just undergone a £500 full paint correction machine polish, clay and wax. As well as the lovely 993 GT2 the lucky owner also owns the orange 997 RS and a Rubystone Red 964 RS with orange graphics - will try and dig out some more pics.

The owner obviously likes his p-cars to stand out
The owner no longer owns the GT2 - it was sold for a tidy profit.

harry
Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
I like the looks of your Turbo S much better. Would you like to sell it at a really good price? - Glenn
Dear O' Dear! How I wish I can sell it you .... today! Its no more, I am afraid....gone with the wind - total loss...

Was almost new, few miles, prisitne, showroom condition - then the BIG bang. Tragic episode, shall never forget. have photos of wreckage, but prefer not to post. Messages of condolonces are being accepted on behalf of Porsche AG.

* Porsche had taken few pics of car, at wreck, for review/examination -whatever they intended to do with it (crash tests review.....! may be).
Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
Guess you are right, cause I never recall Porsche BBlue color to be such a stunner. It was slightly lighter in shade.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELPORSCHA
Dear O' Dear! How I wish I can sell it you .... today! Its no more, I am afraid....gone with the wind - total loss...

Was almost new, few miles, prisitne, showroom condition - then the BIG bang. Tragic episode, shall never forget. have photos of wreckage, but prefer not to post. Messages of condolonces are being accepted on behalf of Porsche AG.

* Porsche had taken few pics of car, at wreck, for review/examination -whatever they intended to do with it (crash tests review.....! may be).

Are you kiddin'? Not the GT2 C'mon post the pics. Hang on, I re-read the post - is it your car? If so my condolence to you

Harry

Quick Reply: 993 GT2 BRAAAAND NEEEEEW - captured.