Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts - LA dismantler

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
mcpiaseczny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with LAPD: I bought a set of MY02 wheels in great shape from them at a very reasonable cost a few years ago. Unfortunately I had a 964 at the time and the offsets didn't work. (In hindsight I wish I had kept them but) I shipped the wheels back, they refunded my money and I ended up getting a different set of wheels through them. Both sets were exactly as advertised and LAPD were good to deal with.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 256 Posts

I bought an AC compressor from them on ebay. It arrived with a part broken off one mount. Tried to return it and get a new one but just got the run around. Buyer beware, in person seems the only way to go.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

I have bought several things from LAPD over the past 5 years, and have always been happy with the service and the parts they provide.

Only last week, they sent me a part, plus a check of $200, because their original estimate for the cost of shipping turned out to be too high.

I for one like that kind of honesty!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be vewy vewy careful.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is my second post in the thread. I have only bought 3 things from LAPD

1. TT Tail
2. TT Tail
3. 3 Spoke Steering wheel

The TT Tails were perfect, shipped timely, packaged great, excellent email communication and arrived as described

The 3 spoke steering wheel was as new and I mean no scratches, scuffs or tears. The wheel is in my Rivi Blue cab

The prices were not a deal, but how can you complain when they are in NEW condition. These 3 items were all high dollar stuff and they were flawless. I was worried when I purchased these things because of what others said. I even bought into it on how bad they (LAPD) were, but my experiences were the exact opposite. So good and bad dealings with LAPD are out there, but mine are all good. I would use them again without hesitation. Of course no affiliation.

Mike
Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hn
I don't think customer service can be jugded based on flawless transactions. What counts most is when things go wrong and how much they are willing to correct their mistakes (assume it's theirs).
So how do you rate a good service if all that counts is when the **** hits the fan?? The reality is people don't post when things went flawlessly but only when it went sour and poster just wants to vent off. When I bought my carriers, I had already read the horror stories about them but since they were the only one with the parts in stock, I gave them a shot and wasn't disappointed at all.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am just talking in general, selling parts, or buying a cheap part is a benefit gain for both parties and people are usually trying to work together to get the deal through. When mistakes were made and needed to be corrected, either buyer or seller have to take a loss and depens on how much the loss is, that is when you find the true color. And then, many cases, people are only honest only when they are being monitored or investing on future gain. You mentioned you had no choice but buying from them and the used carrier, basically a piece metal, I guess was a low priced item? and what could possibly go wrong? . Wioud u have done it if you had another place to buy from or the part was much more expensive? after reading all the complaints from here.

Again, I am talking about any one, seller or buyer, not particular LAPD. Their prices, compared to new from a dealer, always stopped me from even considering.

Quick Reply: Parts - LA dismantler