Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

car seat for children

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 AM
dan79brooklyn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Thanks to Udo for the detailed write up and links!
I did the car seat install today using the Cosco seat, mighty-tite and I installed the upper tether mount with the Ford part.
Everything went well, there were some challenges on how best to route the seat-belt, I ended up using the latch on the opposite rear seat as the near latch seemed to push into the seating area when pulled tight and I thought it might pose a danger and be uncomfortable. I also had to put the mighty-tite on the shoulder portion of the belt not on the lap belt as the instructions say.
But everything is pretty snug, I can lift up on the bottom of the seat but I can't imagine an accident in which the seat would lift up? Possibly the addition of the Rennline harness mount for the latch system would fix this...

I will be selling my used Britax Romer Prince Seat which my son outgrew.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

If you can move it in any direction more than an inch, I'd suggest keep trying. The other option is in and around the City there are places that will check the seat for you. www.thecarseatlady.org, and I think the Harlem Saturn on the first Saturday of the Month or something.

Crash dynamics are sort of hard to imagine...I watched a bunch of vids when installing my 6 pt harnesses. PLEASE don't assume it is ok if it moves...
Old 06-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my solution with a Recaro seat (see post nr 15) : https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-year-old.html
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually your fire department or your local paramedics also have a guy trained to inspect car seat installations.

Quick Reply: car seat for children