993 Forum 1995-1998

Ever get a ticket for > 100 mph?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Need to check your state laws for reckless endangerment, excessive speed or whatever it is called. Think it was 25 over in Michigan and Indiana. Nevada has a maximum limit of 75 and takes away the license for racing, plus some ambiguous language on what is reckless.

In Indiana, I knew of people that lost their license for 10 years. 30 over plus alcohol for the one guy.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:30 PM
AndrewB
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guilty

I got caught doing 106 in a 55. It was in my early college days. I had just put a chip in my '86 BMW 325 and I was testing it out to see if it made a difference. It was around 11pm on an empty stretch of highway in Western Howard County near where I used to live. The cop was sitting in the same spot that they always sit, so I should have known better than to speed in that area. I expected to cop to chew me out but he actually acted like it was nothing special. He wrote me up for the full speed which would have been 6 points on my licence and a $600 dollar fine.

There was no way I could afford to pay that or the insurance increase at that time, so I rolled the dice and went before the judge. There were around a hundred peaple in court that day and the judge saved my case for last. Again, I expected an ***-chewing, but thats not what happened. I pled guilty and basically begged for mercy, saying I needed my car for work and school and that learned my lesson blah blah blah. The judge must have been feeling really generous because he reduced my ticket to 70 in a 55 which was two points and $125 dollar fine. I thanked him profusely and felt like I had gotten off scott free.

Quick Reply: Ever get a ticket for > 100 mph?