993 Forum 1995-1998

Weissach Autohaus

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:54 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weissach Autohaus

As per a previous post, I am looking for 993 C4S or possibly C2S. I called Weissach Autohaus to inquire about a couple cars hey have listed on their website and Ebay. I was trying to get a feeling of where they were on price and once I told the owner I was looking at two other cars, he had no time for me. Very rude. It looks like they have a couple of nice cars but I can't stand dealing with errogant dealers. Any one have a better or dfferent experience with them?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:04 PM
helmet155
Pro

If you were treated so poorly, move on.

Truspeed has excellent vehicles and I live very close if you'd like me to give you an objective opinion on a 993 there I will be happy to do so.

No affiliation, just a great reputed dealer...

Give Scott @ Truspeed a call.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd walk too.

I can't believe in bad economic times like today businesses like these don't understand that Customer Service should be their number 1 focus to generate a sale. Folks don't have a clue these days they just want to get over. Just my .02
Old 02-22-2009, 05:21 PM
LRP
3rd Gear

Agree with others to move on.

He was arrogant to me too. Thought I was tire kicker when offered nearly 10% less than their asking price on a TT. Sport cars are my hobby, and it needs to be a fun experience.

They purchased their inventory at '07/early '08 prices and are not being too realistic anymore... including customer service. I am sure the business is hurting like just like everyone these days.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No affiliation with Truspeed but if they had a 993 I wanted I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Nice guys and they know their ****.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Smile I'd suggest you...

check out the inventory at Smith Volvo in San Luis Obispo, CA. Thet have a black 993 TT...too beautiful for words...other neat cars too. Brent Smith is a long time Porsche geek...fellow Club Racer. He will deal. Tell him marty sent you..that be me.

No commission or compensation from my recommendation.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the comments above, and I have spoken to Scott at Truspeed a couple times. Great guy, no bull. You'll be treated well. Also try Richard Sloan at Sloan Cars. Several options and accessible. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Thanks for all your input....and they will absolutely not be getting a call back from me. For those of you who mentioned TruSpeed, I have talked to Scott and he was a wealth on information, willin ot help me out even if he didn't have the car I was looking for at the right price. In fact, Scott even admitted that th C4S's he owns right now he bought before the market declined but was realistic about it. Thanks for all the advice and I have found a C4S that I am having a PPI done on this week. If it comes out positive, then I will be buying it. Thanks again for all the input!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

.......one more thing....if I treated my custormers (yes, I am in sales) the way Weissach treated me, I wouldn't have any customers. I doubt they will survive if they don't lose the attitude.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jon:

If your deal doesn't conclude, another good place to look is Holt Motorsports, near Philadelphia.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Phil Cracco
4th Gear

Hi Jon,
This is Phil Cracco from Weissach Autohaus. You and I spoke on Sunday about the C4S. I'd like to apologize to you for my rude behavior. I was feeling quite under the weather from a cold and when you said that you were far along on another car I let it get the best of me. Unacceptable. Dan Jacobs and I (partners at Weissach) have worked really hard at selling quality cars and taking good care of customers, whether they are buying cars or not. I'd like to think that we normally perform well but our Sunday call would not indicate that and I once again apologize. If I might offer some evidence that we are better than this, please take a look at the customer testimonials on our website. I fear that it won't help restore your confidence in us but it shows that we are normally a smarter organization.
Thanks for giving us an opportunity and best of luck in your search.
Phil
Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Phil:

I appreicate your appology and it is a good sign that you do offer good customer service. We all have off days. I have struck a deal on another '98 C4S and it is getting a PPI done today. If i doesn't work out, I will take a look at your website again.

Jon
Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Bola964
Pro

Kudos for Phil. This is the right way to approach a mistake.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bola964
Kudos for Phil. This is the right way to approach a mistake.
+100

Too many times we've seen businesses come here and exacerbate their problem by battling people instead of taking the high road. Never good for reputation or business.

Nice job Phil
Old 02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
helmet155
Pro

Bummer for Phil he lost out on the sale...kudos though to him for owning up.

Quick Reply: Weissach Autohaus