993 Forum 1995-1998

Suspense about suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
I moved here in late Feb, and I just recently found a new shop. Surgery is scheduled for 21 Sep!
I bought both front and rear drop links and the camber plates directly from Terratt. Based on customer service I would recommend them. From cross talk here, they build the A- level parts; however, to get the A/A+ level parts is about twice the cost. I kept the money and bought a new stereo also.
This is the first car I've ever modified, and I would like to know what actually works to make me faster. If I did both the coil-over and sways at the same time I wouldn't be able to tell which improved the performance in which way. Hence my final decision to go head with just the PSS10s, camber plates, & drop links.
-Joe
Old 10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
95cab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe and Mark (FloodJ and Ironimages) - I'm right there with you on the PSS10s w/o sways. Pretty sure I'm going without the sways...I spoke with a local, race-oriented, shop and they said the sways wouldn't make a significant difference in anything other than high-speed extreme cornering. Of course, they recommend them, but saving the $1000 in parts & labor seemed worthwhile since (a) it's a stiffness-challenged cab and (b) I don't track it. I haven't made the call on the upgrade yet, as I am dishing out $$$s for a new clutch, but since I'm on the slope anyway, why not see what a little additional slippage is going to cost!?!?

I'd be very interested in your post-install opinions!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 PM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pss10s with a front strut brace, 18s and M030 sways, is wicked efficient on a short track like Streets of Willow. It is also very very good on crappy/bumpy roads here in LA and the canyons.

No matter what, double springs and shocks' adjustability is worth the extra dough.

I have not tried stiffer sways yet, but I suspect they would not be that great on the streets here.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95cab
Joe and Mark (FloodJ and Ironimages) - I'm right there with you on the PSS10s w/o sways. Pretty sure I'm going without the sways...I spoke with a local, race-oriented, shop and they said the sways wouldn't make a significant difference in anything other than high-speed extreme cornering. Of course, they recommend them, but saving the $1000 in parts & labor seemed worthwhile since (a) it's a stiffness-challenged cab and (b) I don't track it. I haven't made the call on the upgrade yet, as I am dishing out $$$s for a new clutch, but since I'm on the slope anyway, why not see what a little additional slippage is going to cost!?!?

I'd be very interested in your post-install opinions!
Hi Brian:

Yes my PSS10 install is done. I will do a separate post on it in a few days. I did have a small time NE race shop do the install for me, and I was able to assist in the process as well, I learned a ton! and that was so much fun.

A few things that we found on my 65K C4 along the way were:

1) Kept the same sways, not much to gained here for what my usage (street and a few track days). But re lubricated the rubber bushings.

2) Used Tarett drop links for added adjust-ability and to add a bit more firmness

3) Found that my front A arm bushings will need replaced, So that will be on the winter to do list.

4) Found that the rear toe link arms were shot so replaced them another $400

5) I wanted my ride height lowered a bit but not slammed, So I have about an inch between the tires and fender.

6) Alignment and corner balance, a time consuming process but well worth the money.

My car is just so much stiffer on cornering, steering etc... PSS10's well worth the price!

Quick Reply: Suspense about suspension