993 Forum 1995-1998

Suspense about suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
While PSS10s may be overkill for the immediate owner, I would guess that it adds to the resale value and thus makes it more appealing for a future buyer. Adjustability is a big plus.
+1 I think this is a big factor...if someone was between two cars and one had HD's and one had PSS10's I think the decision would be obvious as we all know suspension is expensive to mess with.

Originally Posted by twinreds
In my opinion, the HD M030 is a little stiffer, but not unbearable. The car shows no roll and handling is definitely improved. I think the only advantage of the PSS10 is the adjustability, but if you want handling, you will end up dialing it into what HD's are; so why spend the extra $$?
I have PSS10's and the adjustability makes s HUGE difference in my overall enjoyment of the car based on my uses which are street and track. At the track I can say that depending on a lot of different factors the adjustability has been key in allowing me to dial in the car to optimize handling. I can certainly say that the 10's adjustability is noticed in a track setting 100%. Bottom line, I would be a very frustrated person if I had gotten HD's and would be money in the hole because I would have had to either buy different sway bars and/or keep tweaking the alignment to get things right...and as we know alignments are not cheap on our cars!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking about the PSS10's and found these on tirerack. Is $2480 about the going rate for these?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s....H0&perfCode=P
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by larpy
I am thinking about the PSS10's and found these on Automotion. They state there are "9" positions. Is it not "10". The pricing on the kit seems reasonable.

http://www.automotion.com/product.as...ept%5Fid=4994#
I think that they are still using the product description from the older PSS9s. The PSS10s do have 10 positions.

As a side note, I attempted to use the 10% PCA discount on PSS10s from Automotion but discounts don't apply to them. However, I was offered the wholesale price of $2355 on the phone. Problem was they didn't have them in stock a few weeks back when I was buying and weren't getting them in until after 5 Sep. I was impatient and bought through Tirerack instead.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:45 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Van1
I think that they are still using the product description from the older PSS9s. The PSS10s do have 10 positions.

As a side note, I attempted to use the 10% PCA discount on PSS10s from Automotion but discounts don't apply to them. However, I was offered the wholesale price of $2355 on the phone. Problem was they didn't have them in stock a few weeks back when I was buying and weren't getting them in until after 5 Sep. I was impatient and bought through Tirerack instead.
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to order these. Has anyone done their own install? Is it tricky or pretty staright forward?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Just follow these instructions and you'll be set.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...r-dummies.html

I used these instructions last year to install Bilstein HDs. They are very complete. A few weeks ago I installed PSS10s and it was the same as installing the HDs. I chose not to notch the brake line mount on the front struts which added a little mess for me but I was going to bleed my lines anyway.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:22 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I am thinking about the PSS10's and found these on tirerack. Is $2480 about the going rate for these?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s....H0&perfCode=P
I think you will get a better price from Fister Di Pietro Motorsports (both are 993 Rennlisters here). If I can, I like to support the tribe ...
http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page1558.htm
Old 09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a set from http://www.fdmotorsports.net they are awesome to deal with Mark spent a lot of time helping me sort out just what I needed to get the job done and parts were shipped the next day!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
cdmdriver
Pro

I just installed the PSS10's and got the car back yesterday. Went with the RS + 10mm height and it is perfect! I also changed out the rear sway bar to a 19mm Andial bar and added an additional adjustment hole to the existing front bar. The difference is amazing. The nicest part of the coil over PSS10 setup is the flexibility. If, after driving the car for awhile, you feel that the car is too low (or not low enough) you can simply make the adjustment. The same with the ride comfort. In my opinion, the flexibility is worth the few extra dollars.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iron,
Did you get the sways also?
Thanks,
--Joe
Old 09-04-2009, 05:01 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ironimages
Just ordered a set from http://www.fdmotorsports.net they are awesome to deal with Mark spent a lot of time helping me sort out just what I needed to get the job done and parts were shipped the next day!
I believe I will support him. I have heard nothing but great things about him. Thanks for reminding me he sells the PSS10
Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

I believe I will support him. I have heard nothing but great things about him. Thanks for reminding me he sells the PSS10
+1

Chris, Darin or Mark will take very good care of you

Bob-
Old 09-06-2009, 07:20 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Floodj
Iron,
Did you get the sways also?
Thanks,
--Joe
No not yet trying to decide what gains, if any I will get out of new sways and drop links, not sure if it's worth the money at this point since I don't track my car.

I might just go the route with the PSS10's then do new sways and drop links at a later date.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same dilemma also. I bought PSS10s from Viper Bob when he had a good deal (about the same price as Fister). I figured the flexibility was worth the extra cost. I also bought Tarrett drop links and front camber plates. The rubber boots on my drop lings were shot, so it was a good excuse to upgrade. I already have 030 sway bars, so I figure the only upgrade would be an RS-style adjustable sway bar. I think I am also going to see what gains I get out of the PSS10s and the camber plates before upgrading the sways.
Thanks,
--Joe
Old 09-06-2009, 09:39 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Floodj
I am having the same dilemma also. I bought PSS10s from Viper Bob when he had a good deal (about the same price as Fister). I figured the flexibility was worth the extra cost. I also bought Tarrett drop links and front camber plates. The rubber boots on my drop lings were shot, so it was a good excuse to upgrade. I already have 030 sway bars, so I figure the only upgrade would be an RS-style adjustable sway bar. I think I am also going to see what gains I get out of the PSS10s and the camber plates before upgrading the sways.
Thanks,
--Joe
We seem to be on the same path, I too looked at the RS bars but am going to hold up on that for now. I was told that you can drill extra adjustment holes in the current bars if needed?

Have you done your install yet?

Did you buy the Tarret drop links for the front and rear? Where did you get the camber plates from?

I'm working with a C4 so things are a bit different.

Mark
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to order these. Has anyone done their own install? Is it tricky or pretty staright forward?
I installed a set last winter. It's a bit of work. I think the shops look for 5 or 6 hours. I changed the control arm bushings which added quite a bit of time too. I wouldn't recommend someone do it unless they had done a bit of wrenching and have the time and space. I know I split the job up into a number of evenings. I could do it in half the time now.

Quick Reply: Suspense about suspension