Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 RS rear suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bill. thank you very much. You are a star.

I will be doing the same as North Coast Cab. Leave the front factory and use the GT2 tilt kit.

Thanks again
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

If your are running a low car I would do the front RS uprights first, then deal w/ the back
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Bump an old thread. Bill,

Do you have any more insight on the ERP flat bushing install, tricks/install pictures?

Thanks, Patrick
Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Evan Fullerton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested as well as the side mounts are only rubber parts left in the suspension in my car. Well except for the rubber biscuit in the steering column. Anyone replace that with an aluminum one? I did on my 914 and it felt like the same difference as adding turbo tie rods, which I already had done.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patfat
Bump an old thread. Bill,

Do you have any more insight on the ERP flat bushing install, tricks/install pictures?

Thanks, Patrick
there are some pics here

you don't need to drop the engine or trans, just the 4 bolts holding the sub-frame to the car.

you can unbolt both sides and tilt the sub frame assembly in the chassis for room to remove the original mounts on one side

the ERP flat kit doesn't include the shorter bolts or the big chassis washers that you will need, I think that the Rennline kit does, (Mike you have ant input?)

It's hard to determine what the contribution of each part is but replacing all the suspension arms w/ RS and replacing the side mounts w/ flat solid mounts was the best thing I ever did for the handling of the car. It feels as good as the cars w/ monoballs on track and yet is still perfectly acceptable for street use.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the link! I ordered the Rennline bolt kit last night, couldn't find exactly what I needed from McMaster Carr. Looks like I need to round up a few more goodies for my Moton install and I'll begin the process.

Thanks again, Patrick
Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
there are some pics here

you don't need to drop the engine or trans, just the 4 bolts holding the sub-frame to the car.

you can unbolt both sides and tilt the sub frame assembly in the chassis for room to remove the original mounts on one side

the ERP flat kit doesn't include the shorter bolts or the big chassis washers that you will need, I think that the Rennline kit does, (Mike you have ant input?)

It's hard to determine what the contribution of each part is but replacing all the suspension arms w/ RS and replacing the side mounts w/ flat solid mounts was the best thing I ever did for the handling of the car. It feels as good as the cars w/ monoballs on track and yet is still perfectly acceptable for street use.
Bill,

Do you think that it is possible to install the tilt kit using your side mount method and without dropping the whole carrier?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefstm
Bill,

Do you think that it is possible to install the tilt kit using your side mount method and without dropping the whole carrier?
Probably

Quick Reply: 993 RS rear suspension???