Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

color UW purple

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Yep, blue, not purple. "One of a kind car"? In what way? Though, I feel like my car is one of a kind as well, as I'm probably the only 993 owner in my area with a large Grateful Dead sticker in the rear side window. And, I'm probably the only 993 owner around here with a square piece of black gaffer's tape covering the insipid "CEL" that never goes off, whatever I do to it.

The owner of this car you've found probably isn't an extremely knowedgable owner so go over and drive it and if you like it and it's condition, get a PPI and call it your own "one of a kinder".

Good luck,
Steve R
Old 10-11-2008, 06:04 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the owner
I asked him to find the vin label and the color code label

No label anywhere in the compartment. VIN # WPOCA2997SS341829. The CP is listed in the series/body as 911CP which I think means coupe. I purchased this Porsche in 2003. I believe I am the second owner. I purchased it from an insurance company, as it had been hit above the driver front wheel, and the front bumper was torn off. There was no frame damage, just body. Had it professionally done, and painted. Silver Star does the routine maintenance. The title does list rebuilt. I use it rarely, as the mileage indicates.

Yeah, I think I'll let this one go.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Run like the wind my friend. Keep looking the right car is out there. I have found that a "deal" on one of these cars usually mean stories a mile long.

Mike
Old 10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The option code sticker is one the underside of the hood by the latch with the paint code on it....if it's gone it may have a replacement hood or just been pulled off by a knowledgable owner who didn't know what it was.

ZP44

Originally Posted by stevepaa
from the owner
I asked him to find the vin label and the color code label

No label anywhere in the compartment. VIN # WPOCA2997SS341829. The CP is listed in the series/body as 911CP which I think means coupe. I purchased this Porsche in 2003. I believe I am the second owner. I purchased it from an insurance company, as it had been hit above the driver front wheel, and the front bumper was torn off. There was no frame damage, just body. Had it professionally done, and painted. Silver Star does the routine maintenance. The title does list rebuilt. I use it rarely, as the mileage indicates.

Yeah, I think I'll let this one go.

Quick Reply: color UW purple