Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission LSD Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Impressions on track? I've been thinking about doing this mod over the winter, but I just don't have enough data on it. I may be barking up the wrong tree with getting the power down. Might have to spend some more time at the suspension shop tweaking my setup.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:15 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to Guard and they can do it all. Turn a 40% lsd into an 80% lsd as well as provide both types of discs and do the work if you want.

I need to get mine apart and then buy the discs.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Patfat
Impressions on track? I've been thinking about doing this mod over the winter, but I just don't have enough data on it. I may be barking up the wrong tree with getting the power down. Might have to spend some more time at the suspension shop tweaking my setup.
Pat,

There is a difference, but, IMO, it's not huge. In tight right-handers like the right hander at VIR's South Course, the LSD will definitely help and be felt. The LSD helps with braking stability under very, very heavy braking, but, even without it, braking is not so unstable that the car wants to swap ends. The LSD will make the car understeer more, but that can be ameliorated with proper trail braking. I think the LSD will help with lap times since it will be more effective in putting the power to the ground.

Quick Reply: Transmission LSD Rebuild