Sponsored by:

FEELER: 993 C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by KraZy007
Thanks for the kind words. If people with 993s for sale just keep to their guns and don't settle for low 20's, the value of 993s will recover. I'm not letting mine go for low 20's, no way.
Back in the day when I first started on the trading floor, there was a time when the guys in the pit could work together and collude somewhat to keep the prices of options series where we wanted them. When a floor broker would walk into a pit and ask for a quote in a options series we would all shout out the same price and stand on our bids and offers. Those days are long gone, the multi listing of options and the electronic market place eliminated most of that. That particular course of action is and never was part of the landscape in the used car market. There are just too many 993’s on the market from all over the country for sellers to command the prices they would like. The broader market dictates price and the market has spoken.

You car appears to be a really nice car, why not keep it and enjoy it? I also concur with the suggestion made by others… your car would be an easier sale in closer to stock condition too. It’s a bummer which we have all encountered that the mods we make to our cars don’t add much in the way of price when we go to sell. Been there done that myself.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
willchao
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure there is a long line for the Volks, but count me in if you decide to go that route.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:24 AM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I doubt I'll be parting out the mods...if it doesn't sell as is, well then I guess I'm stuck with a nicely modded 993.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Craig MX7
Intermediate

Hi Jimmy, This is Craig - I sold you the car 4 years ago. Glad its been a good experience - car obviously found a good home. Just noticed this thread - sad to hear you are selling, but wanted to just mention something that may not have come up when we did the deal. I replaced the clutch at around 45K miles. When the top end work was done it was carefully checked and the verdict from Callas was that the clutch was still fine. Realize its been a while and a few miles - but are you sure the clutch is going? Guess you been driving it right : ) Also, the top end work was covered under an extended warranty and absolutely everything that could be replaced at that time was replaced. No way Callas would have put the car back together without being sure that everything was 100%. Good luck with the next ride.
Craig
Old 02-17-2009, 06:18 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow it's great to hear from you! How have you been? Are you in South Africa? I hope you are doing well. Did you ever find yourself back in a P-car?

I do recall you saying that Callas had checked the clutch when the top end work was done, but I somehow missed you telling me the clutch was replaced at 45K. I still have the receipts...is the clutch work buried somewhere in there? A few rennlisters have told me that a worn clutch master and slave cylinder may be causing my clutch symptoms but being under the impression that the clutch was never changed, I still figured I needed a new clutch. Now I have new motivation to look into the clutch master/slave cylinder, especially since I have always driven this car with respect.

At this point with the 993 market being so soft, I don't think I'll be selling the car unless someone offers me something close to my asking price. But either way, It's really nice to hear from you, and thank you for the information. Hope you're doing well. Cheers!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Craig MX7
Intermediate

Hi Jimmy,
Yes I'm still in South Africa and no never replaced the car. Here, a car like yours sells for around 70K and I just couldn't stomach spending that much. Don't have any of that old paperwork, so unfortunately don't have receipts for the clutch job. Car looks great by the way - I really like the wheels. Hope the problem does turn out to be the cylinders, but if not, time for a LWF : )
Go well
Craig
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Bump, new price 28K obo
Old 04-03-2009, 11:32 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Ok lets quit kidding around. My gal (Lori) sent me a slideshow today via MSN messenger featuring this car for sale. Can we further convince her why she needs a white 993 instead of her white '01 Integra Type R Canadian version? Here she is below polishing her pearl white 848:

Old 04-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

Any chance the stock engine cover is included?

Do you have any interior shots?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Bump, new price 28K obo
This situation does not bode well for those of us that have to sell their car this year! I hope I get a new job soon or I'll be in the same boat. I just took a job at my company paying 25% of what I was making last year there. They eliminated my other job 3 weeks ago and this was all they had to offer me.

I'm sorry your car didn't sell for $30k. Hopefully it will sell for the $28k!

Steve
Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

A few rennlisters have told me that a worn clutch master and slave cylinder may be causing my clutch symptoms but being under the impression that the clutch was never changed, I still figured I needed a new clutch. Now I have new motivation to look into the clutch master/slave cylinder, especially since I have always driven this car with respect.
Hey Jimmy (or anyone) how could a problematic clutch slave or master cylinder cause the clutch to slip? Is the theory that one or the other components is defective in such a way that the clutch would not be allowed to fully engage? In other words (if this theory is correct) you have been driving around as if you were riding the clutch pedal the entire time even though your foot was not on the pedal.

Oh and I'll be in the bay area Sunday-Monday picking up another obscure P-car. Would it be possible to check this car out then?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:56 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Any chance the stock engine cover is included?

For $28k, you are lucky the engine is included!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
Back in the day when I first started on the trading floor, there was a time when the guys in the pit could work together and collude somewhat to keep the prices of options series where we wanted them. When a floor broker would walk into a pit and ask for a quote in a options series we would all shout out the same price and stand on our bids and offers. Those days are long gone, the multi listing of options and the electronic market place eliminated most of that. That particular course of action is and never was part of the landscape in the used car market. There are just too many 993’s on the market from all over the country for sellers to command the prices they would like. The broader market dictates price and the market has spoken.

Another way of restating this: a large proportion of owners of these cars also have never heard of Rennlist, or even an online forum. Everyone here could agree to hold the line on their selling price, and it would still only represent a fraction of the cars on the market. That also plays into the makeup of the pool of sellers and buyers who are not on an online forum or in a club, etc., and perhaps not as far up on the enthusiast scale as the folks here - and so don't recognize the value of the mods.

It's a great car. +1 on hanging on to it while we ride this thing out, if you can. A year from now, hopefully after the dust settles, things will get back towards "normal" - or we'll find out what the new "normal" is.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:37 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Interior shots can be found in the picasa web link.

Kiesan, I should be available monday. shoot me an email jchen928 @ gmail dot com
Old 07-17-2009, 05:22 PM
travanx
Pro

What's stopping people from buying this car? Man oh man, do I do another 993?

Quick Reply: FEELER: 993 C2 for sale