Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FEELER: 993 C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

You bring up a good point. The top end work was done at roughly 55K, I guess the owner at the time just didn't have the funds to replace it. Oh, and the top end receipt shows $8k+!! The LSD rebuilt was another few grand as well. These major services are what attracted me to this car in the first place.

Very cool that amazon has clutch kits. And look, it ships free with super saver shipping! lol.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99three
Price too low Jimmy.
I know, I'm not going to take an offer too far off of 30K...but man this market is pretty bad. Good thing is that I don't need to sell my car, so I can have it sit for years and it wouldn't bother me.

I just hope potential buyers feel the same way and both parties walk away happy.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:48 AM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kiesan
Yeah I understand the added expense of a clutch kit. But damn, a guy is already dropping at least $5500 and prolly more for a top end. And if he is doing it because he loves the car and plans to keep it, seems like he'd pony up the $800 or so for new clutch parts since you have already paid for the labor essentially.

After showing this car to the g/f, she sent me back a link saying Amazon is having a sale on clutch kits. I was like, whatever, they won't have a 993 clutch assy. Hell yeah they do, ha. I'll take one with my Harry Potter book please:

http://www.amazon.com/EXEDY-KPO12-OE...tive&carId=001

bump it up
I hear you... however, a lot of indy shops won't allow for you to provide parts (i.e. clutch kits) that they in turn install. Realistically (and I speak from experience), you're looking at more like ~$2k for a shop to provide a LWF/clutch set-up. Certainly a dual-mass stock set-up would be less, particularly if the fly wheel is okay.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

If my shop doesn't let me bring my own parts I go to another shop. They are obviously trying to overcharge me.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ilko
If my shop doesn't let me bring my own parts I go to another shop. They are obviously trying to overcharge me.
Many high-end indys won't allow it around here.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

High-end as in high-end labor rates?

The only reason I see for the shop not letting you bring the parts is so they can charge you extra. That's the type of high-end I avoid.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

My independent in LA (not porsche specific) let me bring in parts all the time back when I used him for my M3. Never had issues. But yes, some independents want to know exactly what they're putting in your car so they don't have the potential for issues later.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

The markets spoken and I guess the price was too high. Darn shame because thats a really nice car. Starting to see 993's easily in the mid 20's.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KraZy007
But yes, some independents want to know exactly what they're putting in your car so they don't have the potential for issues later.
That's exactly what I learned as well... if they don't source the parts, they won't warranty the work.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ilko
High-end as in high-end labor rates?

The only reason I see for the shop not letting you bring the parts is so they can charge you extra. That's the type of high-end I avoid.
I guess you're just a much more savvy consumer.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:35 AM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trader220
The markets spoken and I guess the price was too high. Darn shame because thats a really nice car. Starting to see 993's easily in the mid 20's.
Thanks for the kind words. If people with 993s for sale just keep to their guns and don't settle for low 20's, the value of 993s will recover. I'm not letting mine go for low 20's, no way.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:43 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by KraZy007
Thanks for the kind words. If people with 993s for sale just keep to their guns and don't settle for low 20's, the value of 993s will recover. I'm not letting mine go for low 20's, no way.
I hoping for the same with respect to my stock portfolio that is down significantly. Every night I say..."it will eventually come back". But the market dictates value. If you do not need to sell it, just enjoy it. If you are somewhat serious about selling your beautiful 993, you will need to address today's market values. Its a buyer's market. Unfortunately, not one for a seller.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Originally Posted by trojanman
That's exactly what I learned as well... if they don't source the parts, they won't warranty the work.
That was the extent of the "refusal" that I found at a very high end shop in SoCal. I viewed it as a mix of intimidation and whining and didn't sweat it. I'm not worried that my Sunset-sourced rotors are more likely to fail than the ones he would sell me. To your point, if it was rod bearings, I would probably just bend over and take it.

I'm buying their expertise to solve complex problems based on their experience. I'm VERY good at sourcing hardware of all kinds...I guess that's MY expertise! I prefer to DIY if I'm reasonably certain of a successful outcome. What I don't have time for is to "try stuff" and experiment. When I bought the car, my brakes were squeaking badly. If I did it myself, and they still squeaked, I'd have no one else to blame!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
zone5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wing and side skirts, as well as the aftermarket wheels may be a turn-off for buyers who want a more understated car. You may want to take them off and sell them separately.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zone5
The wing and side skirts, as well as the aftermarket wheels may be a turn-off for buyers who want a more understated car. You may want to take them off and sell them separately.
This might be something worth considering. My first impression of the car was that the wing was a bit over the top for my taste. That said, there's no way I'd let that car go for mid-20s. If you can afford to hang onto it, then I'd ride out this downturn and list it again when the market improves.

Quick Reply: FEELER: 993 C2 for sale