Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still looking for a car. argghh... some RS pics (weekend candy)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still looking for a car. argghh... some RS pics (weekend candy)

Still looking all over for a nice car.. .. I've had a great summer anyways but still, there's nothing like taking a summer drive in an aircooled porsche with the windows down, the wind in your hair and that wonderful raw, metallic sound of the engine singing behind you..

Stumbled across some pics of a 993RS comfort version (with clubsport aero package) in my favourite color (for the time being), Blue Turquoise, enjoy:

http://www.mazz.nu/index.php?id=993rs_05

Enquired on the above car but it was already sold.

Just came back from a three week vacation in Italy, where I checked out a SY 993RS comfort spec. in person. Wow, what a drive . I exchanged a few phone calls and emails and decided to take a lot at it since I was in the neighbourhood. The overall condition of the car was worse than I thought: No speedline script on wheels, one wheel needing refurb, VIN sticker looked like it had been pealed off and replaced, signs of overspray (clearcoat) on certain areas of the car, worn interior, some oil underneath the engine, very few inserts in the service book etc etc.. And for that kind of money the car better be near perfect. I might upload some pictures here if I get around to it this weekend, just for your amusement. So the search continues. Anyone in Europe who knows of an RS or nice RS replica for sale please let me know. Have a nice weekend guys!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Still looking all over for a nice car.. .. I've had a great summer anyways but still, there's nothing like taking a summer drive in an aircooled porsche with the windows down, the wind in your hair and that wonderful raw, metallic sound of the engine singing behind you..

Stumbled across some pics of a 993RS comfort version (with clubsport aero package) in my favourite color (for the time being), Blue Turquoise, enjoy:

http://www.mazz.nu/index.php?id=993rs_05

Enquired on the above car but it was already sold.

Just came back from a three week vacation in Italy, where I checked out a SY 993RS comfort spec. in person. Wow, what a drive . I exchanged a few phone calls and emails and decided to take a lot at it since I was in the neighbourhood. The overall condition of the car was worse than I thought: No speedline script on wheels, one wheel needing refurb, VIN sticker looked like it had been pealed off and replaced, signs of overspray (clearcoat) on certain areas of the car, worn interior, some oil underneath the engine, very few inserts in the service book etc etc.. And for that kind of money the car better be near perfect. I might upload some pictures here if I get around to it this weekend, just for your amusement. So the search continues. Anyone in Europe who knows of an RS or nice RS replica for sale please let me know. Have a nice weekend guys!

stop, you're killing us yanks.

sigh

best of luck
Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks like an "as installed" preview of the seats Gert is selling. (sigh...one can dream)

Viggo- how about some pics from that fancy new camera? Weren't you just over in the States as well?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 474 Posts

Viggo, thanks for the link to the RS, cool car. By the sounds of it you're shooting in the RS direction. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something to make the rest of us drool!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:46 PM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for allowing to us to dream. What a great car.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:17 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 week vacay in Italy ? Viggo ---how bout some pix of the hotties I know you were rollin' with in the vineyards out there. Jeesh...
Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Viggo
Import this one from here.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-177350800.htm

Nice car.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:50 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Hahah jeesh, you guys are killing me here ..

Ok first of all, I had the luxury of taking a full 7weeks of vacation this year. Needless to say, not all of which were fully paid but regardless, I had a great time. Beginning of the year, 1 week in Italy. July, 3 weeks in the US (which was GREAT btw), then went back and worked for 3 weeks to round off with another 3 weeks in Italy. Now it's time to start working again .. Tough world isn't it?? heheh.

So, I will do a full write-up with pics (yes, taken by my newly aquired SLR) from the US, Italy and from the test drive of the 993RS. I will do it as a separate post on sunday. Tomorrow I have to clean up at home, it looks like a total mess..

As for my next car, you are right, a 993RS comfort version would be the ultimate toy for track/street duty. That or a nice replica. The two hottest potential deals at the moment is

1. An SY 993 RS replica (X51 3.8 liter engine, sunroof delete, full RSCS oem aerokit, OEM speedlines, fully functional brakeducts, SS brakelines, GT3 seats, full leather interior (black), RS carpets, heigo half roll cage, strut brace, RSR's, white guage faces, RS shift-****, RS short-shift, cargraphic pedals...) Pretty close to the real thing (but then again not really). Car is in great condition (only 26.XXXmiles). Needs RS trans and clutch/flywheel upgrade, RS thin glass, recaro clubsport bucket seats etc but pretty close). I'm checking thisone out in person on tuesday.

2. 964RS Guards red. Havn't given it much thought but it's attractively priced.

I just put a WTB add for a 993RS today on Porsche Club Sweden. Let's see what happends.. So stay tuned for the write-up (with RS pics as promised)
Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Boston911fan
Pro

I would go 993RS over 964RS because the 964 is less user-friendly as a street car (note that I'm not calling it a daily driver...). GT Porsche Magazine did a great writeup on the 964 and Total 911 did one on the 993. The 964 has a harsher ride, and isn't very comfortable driving on the streets. Then again, if that's not a concern for you, then what I just said doesn't matter. Either way, you're gonna end up with a special car! Good luck!

Oh and I know a guy in California who's hobby is restoring Porsche Speedline wheels. He is restoring a set for me as we speak. I'll post pics when I get them.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
mx5speedracer
Track Day

It is already sold. But I think you can take a look at the add. Look at the price.

http://esteval.olx.pt/porsche-993-ca...cc-iid-9379267
Old 09-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

FWIW, stick to the real thing. A replica will never keep its value like the real thing. IMO of course.

It will cost you some SERIOUS KRONER!!!

Good luck in your hunt... mine is gone but will NEVER be forgotten.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mx5speedracer
It is already sold. But I think you can take a look at the add. Look at the price.

Must have had serious problems. A good car is in the mid 80K Euros. The great ones go for far more
Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Viggo, how about:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C59860?pt=pf

Or find another one like this (sold):
http://www.gmundcars.com/cars/572/993cup38.html

Or perhaps ....
http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car...tml?no_cache=1
Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
mx5speedracer
Track Day

I talked to the guy who bought it who told me the car was in perfect condition.
A friend of mine bought a RS Speed Yellow, also in superb condition, for about €60.000 , 2 years ago.

Sometimes people don't know what they have.
One year ago, I bought my '97 993 Black Targa X51 (3.8L engine). It had 69.000 Km. It was (and still is) in very good condition. I've paid €35.000 for it. The seller didn't know it was a X51, neither did I. Only recently the guys at Porsche told me that. A french magazine quoted one just like mine at €60.000.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:34 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boston911fan
I would go 993RS over 964RS because the 964 is less user-friendly as a street car (note that I'm not calling it a daily driver...). GT Porsche Magazine did a great writeup on the 964 and Total 911 did one on the 993. The 964 has a harsher ride, and isn't very comfortable driving on the streets. Then again, if that's not a concern for you, then what I just said doesn't matter. Either way, you're gonna end up with a special car! Good luck!

Oh and I know a guy in California who's hobby is restoring Porsche Speedline wheels. He is restoring a set for me as we speak. I'll post pics when I get them.
Yeah I noted that too (964RS vs. 993RS). I would take the 993 over the 964 any day. But it's a lot more dough to cough up.

Originally Posted by mx5speedracer

Yeah I actually saw thatone like 5months back or so. Never bothered to call. My have been a total steal if the car was in order.. Deal like that DO happen, someone must have been very lucky

Originally Posted by Monique
FWIW, stick to the real thing. A replica will never keep its value like the real thing. IMO of course.

It will cost you some SERIOUS KRONER!!!

Good luck in your hunt... mine is gone but will NEVER be forgotten.
You are right JP, that would cut me close to a million kronor short.. Ofcouse the real deal is always better, albeit more costy (needless to say). If you know of someone who is willing to sell, please let me know. These puppies sure as hell are not easy to find ..

Quick Reply: Still looking for a car. argghh... some RS pics (weekend candy)