Sponsored by:

AAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHH Motor Meister

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
dave29
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorscheieter

+1...just rebuilt my motor after 6K miles on a MM rebuild commissioned by former owner. My mechanic had to replace everything except for cases and carbs. Crank, cams, cylinders, heads etc. all junk. Took him 2 weeks to clean all the sealing glue off everything. Beware of these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Gotta agree, and I think the language used by Finn is a reflection of the quality of the 'business' involved.

In using the site today, I feel like a pimp taking advantage of a hooker who has sold herself out to the lowest of customers. Am I going to get gonorrhea from this? I feel so dirty....
Let's be careful with this. If print publishing is a valid analogy, subscription fees make up less than 10% of revenues, IIRC. If the ads get killed, how much do you want to pay for membership? When I knew memberships were going directly to John D., it was a bargain. Now that the site appears to be shifting to the "ad supported" business model, I'm not so sure that memberships as important.

These banners are much more palatable than Vonage "Move over, Phone Company" TV ads, for example. (I want to kill myself every time.) I don't mind ads. Occasionally you come across a product or service you're actually looking for.

Quick Reply: AAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHH Motor Meister