Sponsored by:

KW V3 just arrived

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW V3 just arrived

Waiting on camber plates and then the KW V3's go in.
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a lot of purple:-)
May I ask how much you paid for them?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
travanx
Pro

a little under $2500 shipped. i havent been able to find anywhere cheaper than that. same place i got the awesome deal on the Work Wheels.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
face-ache
Instructor

I'm looking at the exact same set.. pls post your review after instal! be interested to hear what you think.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
travanx
Pro

i am having a slight problem after getting them. if you notice in the box it look oily. one of the fronts is leaking. so hopefully getting that taken care of doesn't take forever.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Nice! Did that bottle of beer come with the shocks?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 AM
travanx
Pro

My car's boot tossed me a cold one.

Originally Posted by mike993c2s
Nice! Did that bottle of beer come with the shocks?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:39 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by face-ache
I'm looking at the exact same set.. pls post your review after instal! be interested to hear what you think.
+2 - please report back when they're on.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trav: What year is your car? Aren't you in LA somewhere?

You should come down to Torrance next Friday and try some new beer(s)
http://www.redcarbrewery.com/

I'd like to learn about this suspension and how it compares to PSS10 or Motons, etc.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:02 PM
travanx
Pro

I am in Glendale. I may do that. I just lost my job and things are a little hectic with me trying to start my own thing instead of working for someone this time. =) I have a feeling though that I am going to have to return one of the front shocks, which I assume is going to take forever to sort out.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:04 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travanx
a little under $2500 shipped. i havent been able to find anywhere cheaper than that. same place i got the awesome deal on the Work Wheels.
That's a pretty good price...do you know if their hydraulic kit can be retrofitted to the 993 kit?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

You are getting front camber plates? I was to understand that these shocks were designed to work w/the factory shock mounting. PLease let me know. Ive got a set on my car and like them very much.
Thanks.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:20 PM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I also used the stock mounting plates with my pss10s. I did not need an aggressive front negative camber since my car was not going to be tracked. I kept it fairly conservative (less than -1 if i remember correctly) to try and somewhat minimize tire wear. The car is still plenty fun for me in the corners. I guess I might increase it later as I get more and more experience with the car.

I keep the pss10s very soft most of the time around 1F and 2R (almost full comfort) for normal driving due to the freeways being so bad. The car is more responsive, yet much more comfortable than with the previous stock suspension. On Muholland Hwy it's another story:-) (but no more than 6F/7R because of the F...... potholes in certain areas)

Can you let us know how the car rides when you get the whole thing installed, and what settings you chose.

Cheers,
Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 PM
travanx
Pro

I will have a long review since i didn't find much info about these. I am coming from an RSX and i had the only set of Bilstein coilovers made for the car and always wanted camber plates for them. I like how the pillowball mounts feel with the metal on metal contact on the car, which I was missing on that last set I had on my RSX. So thats the reason I figure buy the plates all around for this car. more for the feel. And since i really do plan to keep this car until there is no more gas, then maybe it will turn into a track only car or something. Do it right to begin with and no regrets.

The shop I am working with said the ERP plates would work. I am in the middle of the process of getting the problem taken care of and awaiting the plates in the mail. Like I said I just lost my job so these will be going on ASAP once I get everything since now I have some free time to play. =) I like a stiff suspension that allows for the terribles roads. I have a good feeling hearing stories about the KW's that these will ride better than the Bilsteins. Someone like CaptainGSR can drive my car and tell me how the difference is too.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by travanx
I will have a long review since i didn't find much info about these....I like a stiff suspension that allows for the terribles roads. I have a good feeling hearing stories about the KW's that these will ride better than the Bilsteins....
I have the older KW v2 on my Turbo w/ RS sways and the suspension is very well sorted...I'm tempted to move to the v3, esp if I can use their hydraulic kit so I can lower the car further...with the S-bumper it's about as low as I can go and still get into parking garages. FYI quite a few 993s in HK have the KWs (vs PSS9 or 10) and they very work well with HK's cr*ppy roads.

Quick Reply: KW V3 just arrived