CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Travanx I just PMd you.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 AM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had to mention that so far so good with the KW's. Right now I have probably driven every type of evil road SoCal has to offer and the car still feels good. Maybe this suspension just makes me want to give a thumbs down to the govt for not maintaining streets anywhere!!!! Hopefully me and CaptainGSR will get a chance to meet up. I think we are both very busy people.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 AM
herman maire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also bought the KW v3 set up but have yet to install it. Just wondering... how stiff is this set up ? I was looking at the clubsport kit but I took a chance with the v3 hopping its stiff enough.

let me know
thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 PM
travanx
Pro

They are stiff, but nice for driving. Its hard to explain since most of my experience was with with way too stiff coilovers for my RSX. These are stiff, but dont hurt when you hit a bump. Hopefully that makes some sense. I havent driven enough just yet, to start adjusting them and seeing how they feel in different settings. I am also kind of waiting for my wheels to arrive before doing this since I know the 18's will make the ride more stiff automatically.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by travanx
They are stiff, but nice for driving. Its hard to explain since most of my experience was with with way too stiff coilovers for my RSX. These are stiff, but dont hurt when you hit a bump. Hopefully that makes some sense. I havent driven enough just yet, to start adjusting them and seeing how they feel in different settings. I am also kind of waiting for my wheels to arrive before doing this since I know the 18's will make the ride more stiff automatically.
One thing my car does with Bilstein HDs is step out in turns with small bumps. This is due to excessive compression dampening. How do your KWs react to bumpy turns? Does the car hold it's line?

TIA
Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jmarch
One thing my car does with Bilstein HDs is step out in turns with small bumps. This is due to excessive compression dampening. How do your KWs react to bumpy turns? Does the car hold it's line?

TIA
The V3 are three way adjustable for compression, rebound and height, whereas the V2 are only two way adjustable
Old 11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
travanx
Pro

Not sure what you consider a small bump, but it does step out on what I consider decent sized holes in the street over here. Normal gaps with dips on freeways its fine though.

Originally Posted by jmarch

TIA
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by travanx
Not sure what you consider a small bump, but it does step out on what I consider decent sized holes in the street over here. Normal gaps with dips on freeways its fine though.
Since you're in Socal, ever drive Sunset between the 405 and PCH? There are a number of turns with small bumps (think 1 inch vertical ripples) in the pavement. With the HDs my car would step out everytime I would hit one mid-corner. Maddening as I was probably more confident in my old 325is (with Koni yellows) on that road.

I have a feeling the adjustable nature of the KWs will probably allow for compression dampening more suitable to a 3060 lb Porsche instead of the 5 ton Mack truck the HDs seem to be designed for.....
Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 307 Posts

I just purchased the KW v3's for my 951. Other 951 owners have had problems with KW not taking care of things properly. Seems the hardware they supply for our cars doesnt hold up, and the eccentric bolt breaks. I guess using the stock porsche oem hardware fixes it tho. Are you running the KW hardware, or oem hardware?
Seems like you know who to talk to if the KW's go bad. Any contacts you can pass along if someone has an issue with a KW product?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
travanx
Pro

PM for someone to contact if you have problems. Since I am a little unclear of who I should actually be emailing over there from this point. I am using the KW hardware, but when they had my car up and looking at the coilover they said one of the bolts connecting to the car got stuck in the coilover. I had my mechanic install them so I don't know if that was his fault or something with the coilovers.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
anto1150
Pro

anyone has KW's spring rates?

Quick Reply: KW V3 just arrived