Sponsored by:

Experiences with MAShaw?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Experiences with MAShaw?

Someone suggested that 993 guys do a lot of business with MASHaw than 996 guys, so I thought I'd try and get your help. I'm considering buying a MK 1 996 aero spoiler from him and would love to hear your experiences.

He has not responded to 3 emails that I sent him, but he did seem nice enough when I called him on the phone. I'm a little worried about his responsiveness by email.

Can anyone vouch for him and the quality of his wings? Are they of high quality? How good is he with communication? (his lack of response on email does not suggest so) Does he fix issues when they come up? What is his return policy? Any issues I should know about?

Any guidance that you can give would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Someone suggested that 993 guys do a lot of business with MASHaw than 996 guys, so I thought I'd try and get your help. I'm considering buying a MK 1 996 aero spoiler from him and would love to hear your experiences.

He has not responded to 3 emails that I sent him, but he did seem nice enough when I called him on the phone. I'm a little worried about his responsiveness by email.

Can anyone vouch for him and the quality of his wings? Are they of high quality? How good is he with communication? (his lack of response on email does not suggest so) Does he fix issues when they come up? What is his return policy? Any issues I should know about?

Any guidance that you can give would be wonderful.

Thanks!
I organized a group-buy with Mike a couple years ago. ++ working with him. Once you get him on the phone, be prepared for him to talk you to death. I and others on here would certainly do business with him.

As far as the quality of the wing, not OEM but good for the price.

Keep calling him, eventuall you will get through.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:16 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

And I do think his 996 has the kit u mentioned.

Oh, u did speak with him..cool, forget about email then, most of my communication was on the phone.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Thanks!

I talked with him on Wednesday and he seemed nice enough, but has not responded to follow-up emails and that worries me. I'm trying to get a feel on quality and return policy.

You said that he's not OEM quality, what would you say is the failing?

How is he to work with if things don't go well and there's an issue?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

One other thing while I have your attention, has anyone used Misha - how do MAShaw and Misha compare for quality?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I have used MA Shaw for my Turbo S rear wing. Quality is excellent... but it is aftermarket, after all, and about 25% of the factory price. I would buy from him again, no problem. I think Mike is from a generation (like me) that is not so comfortable with them new fangled computer gizmos... he prefers phone calls. Good product and totally honest. He is a sponsor for this forum, I believe.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ca993twin
I have used MA Shaw for my Turbo S rear wing. Quality is excellent... but it is aftermarket, after all, and about 25% of the factory price. I would buy from him again, no problem. I think Mike is from a generation (like me) that is not so comfortable with them new fangled computer gizmos... he prefers phone calls. Good product and totally honest. He is a sponsor for this forum, I believe.
^^^ yup..both Steve and I have MA Shaw wings.......
Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 791 Likes on 426 Posts

I have a MAShaw rear wing. Zero complaints. Mike is a terrific guy to deal with too.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Any problems with fit? Did it need work? Is his prep work good enough, or should I get a local shop to prepare it?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Mike is a helluva good guy. If he ever retires (or more likely dies on his feet) a lot of knowledge is going to go with him. Don't be worried about the lack of email response - as others have mentioned he's a phone guy. The parts fit well. The prep work generally extends to some fine sanding prior to primer.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Mike is a helluva good guy. If he ever retires (or more likely dies on his feet) a lot of knowledge is going to go with him. Don't be worried about the lack of email response - as others have mentioned he's a phone guy. The parts fit well. The prep work generally extends to some fine sanding prior to primer.
Thanks! That's good to know.

He said that he sells prepared wings with the sanding and priming done. Anyone bought one of those? I was wondering if I should buy the wing prepared or have my local guys do the work.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a MA Shaw RS wing on my car. The shop had to do some prep work, but not too much. I was happy with the product and even with a little extra prep work by my shop, hard to beat the price. The finished product is beautiful.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
I have a MA Shaw RS wing on my car. The shop had to do some prep work, but not too much. I was happy with the product and even with a little extra prep work by my shop, hard to beat the price. The finished product is beautiful.

Was the prep work in the finish or the fit?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:10 AM
cmoss

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Thanks!

I talked with him on Wednesday and he seemed nice enough, but has not responded to follow-up emails and that worries me. I'm trying to get a feel on quality and return policy.

You said that he's not OEM quality, what would you say is the failing?

How is he to work with if things don't go well and there's an issue?
If you are expecting to get a "factory" quality piece--forget it. As people have pointed out, these are not OEM products. Expect to have to massage the pieces for both fit and finish.

BTW Just call the guy. If I was in his shoes, I prolly wouldn't waste time w/ email.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Quality is excellent... but it is aftermarket,
Is the quality of the material same as used by the factory? (polyurethane or fiberglass or something else)

Quick Reply: Experiences with MAShaw?