Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

VERY poor experience at a Porsche dealership for service

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a data point in this discussion...I live in the Pittsburgh region and keep coming back to my stealer with my 993...many mods, and service...it is not the one referred to here. Am still looking for that great indie...some so-so experiences so far. The stealer has managed to keep me happy for 4 years now...go figure.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I either do the work myself or take it to one well-respected indy. We're fortunate in this area to have several indy's with very good reputations, so I don't know much about the Porsche dealers personally, though I've heard that one has a lousy rep, one is so-so and one is fairly good.

My wife works for the auto-finance arm of a major bank, and tells me which dealers are naughty and which are nice with respect to the way they run their business. I guess it's no surprise that the dealers (of any brand) who engage in shoddy business and sales practices also seem to have the worst reputations for having crappy shops.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Ahh, the Good Ol' Stealer...

Had a buddy sell his car (2003 Boxster) locally this week, and the PPI was performed at the dealer for the prospective owner.

PPI comes back with the definitive findings of needing new tires soon, smudgy wiper blades (?) and side indicator lights out. Sounds like a done deal once they neogtiate a set of tires, right?

Nope. Sales managaer calls the prospective owner aside and mentions some real nice used Boxsters the dealership has for sale. And not one of those horrible US Grey Market cars, either... Nice.

Other than buying new cars and warranty service, I don't know any enthusiasts locally that knowingly service their off-warranty cars at the dealer.

M

Last edited by Matt Lane; 06-29-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: sp
Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt F,

In the Pittsburgh area, try Pete's Eurpopean Techniques. Pete recently left ExoticCars and set up his own shop in the Moon Township area. I have always had good experiences with him both at ExoticCars and now at his shop. If you need to go to a dealer, I have always found Sewickley Car Store to be good. Ask for Daryl. I have had my Porsches, BMW and Audi serviced both places.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 112344
Matt F,

In the Pittsburgh area, try Pete's Eurpopean Techniques. Pete recently left ExoticCars and set up his own shop in the Moon Township area. I have always had good experiences with him both at ExoticCars and now at his shop. If you need to go to a dealer, I have always found Sewickley Car Store to be good. Ask for Daryl. I have had my Porsches, BMW and Audi serviced both places.
Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: VERY poor experience at a Porsche dealership for service