Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More Pics,
Attached Images      
Old 05-09-2008, 07:53 PM
ddidit
Advanced

More pics and for those who want to see how the interior of an engine looks with Brad Penn Grade 1 Racing oil! They are right! Is is "The Green Oil"!

Dindo
Attached Images    
Old 05-09-2008, 08:23 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ddidit
Hi Keisan,

Please, please, you're killing me here, heheheh. You know very well what my car is worth. 36K is for a very perfect stock 993 with simular miles. The mods I have done are close to 10k. I am sure you know alot about cars and the time needed to get one "right". Well, mine is "right". If bone stock ones that are perfect go for 35K or more thru a reputable dealership some 42k, what is my mods worth with labor since they are still new and cost about 9k. We will almost always fall into the slippery slope and that is why you are looking at mine, hehhe. I don't want 9K because I know I can't expect to get it back. But I think asking 39.8k is fair if you will drop deep into the slope. The seats are brand new, and the maintenance is completely done for service free life other than 3k oil change ( Brad Penn). Just SAI maintenance will need to be done every 15k. Very easy once it has been done properly. Make a better offer. If you offer is very close to my asking, we are getting very serious and you may be sending me a cashier's check. The Lady in arizona offered full asking price, she just needed to get the money together. Just spoke to her but the cash has not been sent! She said sometime next week. First reasonable offer will get my 993. We can sit down and have a glass of wine, listen to 30K tube sound system and ask why I am selling it. Simple, I need the money!

Your fellow rennlister,

Dindo
Dindo I don't mean to be killing you here, no sir! I very much wish for you to stay with us among the living. I just came back from a wild-goose chase in Dallas for a 993 that was sold out from under me and am still recovering from the shock of all that.

A better offer you say? I can come in person this weekend. Cashier's check for $36k in hand. Then I'll drive her home to Seattle.

I'll buy the wine~
Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
ddidit
Advanced

Hi Everyone,

Well, over the weekend, I got a few calls. The funniest thing was the dealer (owner) I bought the car from had one of his employees call to buy my car back after 17 months. Now, that has to be the funniest thing but too bad, the price to buy was not enough of course. In fact he wanted to buy it at the price close to what I had bought it from him.

So far, I have 2 serious buyers:

Arizona

Seattle

So to say, Seattle offered no questions just details, but it is still far from my asking. Is this a good offer? Not his best choice of colors, wanted white. We will see how this works out. He is very knowlegable on mechanics and has a fine collection of bikes. One which I think I would like to trade on. A ducati MH990E and the other a 748S. Seriosly thinking on this one because I would resale the MH900E if I can get close to my asking. How much are these worth on the market and what do they go for? It has 345miles

Arizona is still trying to pull the money together. A great person to talk to and knows how to actually race!

Still waiting for a serious offer with a down payment but nothing yet. My 6 month Daughter will have her Baptismal this Sunday. Maybe some of my friends coming that have way more money than me will buy it.

Your fellow rennlister and tube audiophile Enthusiast

Dindo

Any more offers? I am getting sad to know she will not be in my garage

Last edited by ddidit; 06-05-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this a good offer?
Yes, and quite fair IMO.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:03 PM
ddidit
Advanced

Well, its tuesday and I am hoping for more interest.

Currently as of yesterday, heheh, 2 rennlisters (I believe, haven't detailed their avatar) in Washington are seriously thinking, but no transaction as of yet.

Arizona is having trouble getting her money for her insurance claim. That's just too, bad she wants to give me full asking but it does me no good if she is just waiting for her claim check.

Reddy kilowatt, are you sure you want to wait a couple of weeks, it may be gone.

Kiesan, I am waiting for your response! You know I am actually giving it to you with what we agreed on. Kiesan has simply got to be the easiest person in the world to deal with. Why, he has all the money in hand ready to buy, but is making sure he gets what he only needs. Makes it hard for me to sell. A perfect 993 for x amount or a salvaged white one he is looking at seriously for the low 20's. I just hope he doesn't have the same experience he has had in Dallas. Have you guys read that one, I would be bizerk after that!

Any more offers?

Your fellow rennlister selling his beloved 993, don't worry, I will get another one in the future. Just have to sell mine now for a 4 door and I just can't afford 4 cars and I have only a 2 car garage to boot!

The best thing about 993 ownership is the people that actually love these cars. They are always passionate in everything they do.

Dindo

Last edited by ddidit; 06-05-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM
FLA997
Drifting

I think you will see more activity as you get closer to a fair price....just my opinion, but $39.8k was shooting for the stars a bit in price.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:30 PM
ddidit
Advanced

I understand AC993C2S,

Just makes me wish I hadn't purchased such expensive performance options. But in the end, I had a blast with the options and am very compitent to do my own PPI on the next 993 I get in a few years. It will more than likely be a 993TT. But for now, I just simply have to sell. I love your Bill Verberg Evil step sister. What mods have you done? Bill Verberg has simply one of the most track oriented super-dupper modified 993 on the planet. Are you close engineering wise to his his, spindles, etc..

Anyone interested? Not shooting for the stars, just want to recoup at least 2500 from my 9 k in mods.

Dindo

$37,500 58430 miles. Car is parked in my garage and ready to drive across country for anyone interested.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Just makes me wish I hadn't purchased such expensive performance options.
Well, at least you aren't in as deep as Iam... :-)

Im sure your car is nice, and it will hopefully end up with another Rennlister.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:47 PM
ddidit
Advanced

Heheh, I can only imagine. What I like about the 993 is it is one of the few cars that you can mod and get the greatest performance avail to the street and then to the track. The other thing is you can buy a great one, add a few G's in mods, and then drive it like it was meant to be and enjoy every second. When it comes time to sell, it can go to another enthusiast that will enjoy it just as much as you but you sacrifice the cost in mods you put into it. So, for 9k in mods, 17months of trouble free ownership, equates to $529,00 a month for a thrill of a life time. I know of no car that can do that. As an example, buy a new M3 for 70k drive it for 17 months, no mods, sell it because of life changes such as mine, need a 4 door ASAP, you can only get 45-50k. cost of ownership for 17 months $1470.00 per month Just an example!

Well, I went the slippery slope , perfected it mechanically and cosmetically and the new owner of mine well get it a great price because if they keep the miles reasonable and decide to sell in a couple of years, cost of ownership will be like buying a used KIA. The cost of a well maintained 993 17 months ago with the miles I have on mine is exactly the same as today!

Makes me want to look for a Riviera Blue TT. Do they exist?

Dindo
Old 05-13-2008, 03:14 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 392 Likes on 227 Posts

It's a beautiful car (I love the color) and I wish you the best of luck. While I think 39K is way too high I hope you get it or get close. Mine has 28,000 miles and has seen extensive track use but has much more in the way of options- and I was figuring it would be worth $32 to $35K. But I wouldn't sell unless the wife OK'd a GT3- which isn't going to happen soon I'm sure.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Kart57
2nd Gear

All, this is my first post. I flew to LA to test drive Dindo's car, and found it as described. He was very forthright, thorough, and has taken great care of this 993. I paid for a PPI, which revealed that the clutch was at 40% life, revealed an SAI fault code on one bank (no CEL on), but the car was otherwise perfect. We drove the car over 100 miles over 2 days, and it drives like new. I understand Dindo has completed the SAI flush, and his maintenance skills are apparent upon close examination of this car. It is immaculate. I was unable to see any evidence of the fender repair he disclosed. Only a great deal on a C2S lured me away from the car. It's worth a look, for sure.

Allen
Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

So far, I have one extremely serious buyer. From arizona and she races Porsches for fun. Reason for wanting to buy mine, she hit a wall and totalled her prior 993.
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nasty
I saw that last month at the Fontana PCA Festival of Speed.

She was very fortunate to have recently updated her safety equipment.

be safe

craig
Old 05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Jeeze, Ddidit, have some patience. It will sell. You act as if you had no idea your daughter was going to preschool soon. Perhaps you should have sold a while back or get a lower cost 4-door to get you by.
I guess you can say that our cars and hobbies need to be included in "family planning".
Personaly, I would never invest thousands in mods if I planned to keep the car for only a year and a half.

Hang in there at 37.5k. I think it's very fair.

But then, I would also advise your Seattle buyer to hang in there at the 36K offer. You sound that desparate.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
ddidit
Advanced

Bluejam, hehehe, I know, I am crazy but I have been into cars since I could push them down the Hotwheels track. At the time of my purchase, we had only one daughter. Thankfully, at 42 years old I was able to get another. Since I have 2 now, I just want to make their life as great as can be and my family planning skills have just begun! For me and my wife, we wanted to keep it forever and hand it down to one of them, but, I just don't have the space anymore for another car.

Allen, thank you for the great comment, when you need the Sparco seat setup I have in my 993, and S4, I will make sure you get the best and safest arrangement. Welcome to rennlist and enjoy your slippery slope! By the way, I will be getting an STI and EVOX Allen! Funny huh!

Quick Reply: DDIDIT'S 97 993 NB FOR SALE!!!!