WTB: 993 C2S Vesuvius Metallic w/Aerokit

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool WTB: 993 C2S Vesuvius Metallic w/Aerokit

Well… it seems I just can’t shake off the need for one. Back in late 1996 I had a ’97 C2S in Guards Red, and then a ‘97 993 C2S Vesuvius Metallic with the full factory Aerokit that I really loved.

After owning the 996TT and feeling so detached to the road I end up using the 964 more on a daily basis than the 996TT…

So I am starting my search again for a C2S in the same color I had. I went ahead and placed an ad in the PCA mart and one here for it.

A year ago there was one for sale in Chicago that was not a C2S… looked like a narrow body car that was special order in that color. And there was another one with all the options I wanted but Triptonic…

I will try to find it first via normal methods since I don’t want to pay a premium to find one (already got two calls from people that do this for a living). If getting one in this color is going to cost me a ridiculous amount of money than getting a different color I will go the other-color route…

So! If you know someone that has one and is willing to sell it to a fellow rennlister, please send him/her my way.

Again, it has to be a C2S (I like that wide body) in Vesuvius Metallic ... Aerokit or not, is fine... I am giving myself 6 months for the search, if I can't find one then I will start with C2S in other colors... that should be easier.

Thank you!

Photo of mine (RIP)
Old 04-29-2008, 02:58 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the search. Back in 2002, I hired Dave Maynard (European Locators) to find me a Midnight Blue/Cashmere '95 with the factory OBC option - a pretty rare combo. I ended up with a Guards Red C4 and was just as happy.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Jason, I might end up doing the same... but first, like you did, I have to try to find a car like the one I had. There are a few out there.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

I can't help but wonder how many of 1752 C2S's which were sold in the US were in vesuvius metallic. I've never come across one.

I'm sure it will be a great feeling if you are able to find the needle in the (proverbial) haystack. Best of luck!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me too!

I was searching for one (sans aero kit) until last year when I decided on a 993 turbo instead.
I love the color. Want one (was that present tense? ). Just never saw one when I was serious... and I am too impatient.

There was one for sale in Colorado with Aero Kit early last year.
The year before there was on in San Jose, Ca. without the aero kit. I wasn't really thinking about buying one at the time and didn't fully realize how rare they were.

Based on my records they come up for sale about once a year
We should be due to see one soon. Good luck!

Last edited by MarkD; 04-29-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:43 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that Grey? or Violet?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Well… it seems I just can’t shake off the need for one. Back in late 1996 I had a ’97 C2S in Guards Red, and then a ‘97 993 C2S Vesuvius Metallic with the full factory Aerokit that I really loved.

After owning the 996TT and feeling so detached to the road I end up using the 964 more on a daily basis than the 996TT…

So I am starting my search again for a C2S in the same color I had. I went ahead and placed an ad in the PCA mart and one here for it.

A year ago there was one for sale in Chicago that was not a C2S… looked like a narrow body car that was special order in that color. And there was another one with all the options I wanted but Triptonic…

I will try to find it first via normal methods since I don’t want to pay a premium to find one (already got two calls from people that do this for a living). If getting one in this color is going to cost me a ridiculous amount of money than getting a different color I will go the other-color route…

So! If you know someone that has one and is willing to sell it to a fellow rennlister, please send him/her my way.

Again, it has to be a C2S (I like that wide body) in Vesuvius Metallic ... Aerokit or not, is fine... I am giving myself 6 months for the search, if I can't find one then I will start with C2S in other colors... that should be easier.

Thank you!

Photo of mine (RIP)
ah..can you post pics of your latest project, and btw 996TT you have for sale.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pewter82
Is that Grey? or Violet?
Best way I can describe it... It is a very dark metallic purple (dark charcoal grey tint). It looks black at night and very dark metallic purple during the day. Mirrors were flat charcoal grey, split rear spoiler the insert were painted also flat charcoal grey, wheels centers as well. If you had the aerokit, that was all painted body color.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
ah..can you post pics of your latest project, and btw 996TT you have for sale.
Latest project - click on the signature link - Transformation

Sale of the 996TT - My wife has always been against selling it... So we are thinking of just keeping it... we used the car in the Sunrise to Sunset Rally and had a blast with it... And now plan to take it to a DE in Sebring in June... so we might just use it as the track car. Anyway, here is the link in Pelican - 996TT for Sale
Old 04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by rome
I can't help but wonder how many of 1752 C2S's which were sold in the US were in vesuvius metallic. I've never come across one.

I'm sure it will be a great feeling if you are able to find the needle in the (proverbial) haystack. Best of luck!
Thank you!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by MarkD
Me too!

I was searching for one (sans aero kit) until last year when I decided on a 993 turbo instead.
I love the color. Want one (was that present tense? ). Just never saw one when I was serious... and I am too impatient.

There was one for sale in Colorado with Aero Kit early last year.
The year before there was on in San Jose, Ca. without the aero kit. I wasn't really thinking about buying one at the time and didn't fully realize how rare they were.

Based on my records they come up for sale about once a year
We should be due to see one soon. Good luck!
I hope so. I am doing a search on C2S/C4S available and looking at mileage vs price just to see what would be a fair price for such a car... but got to tell you, prices seems to be all over the map...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Latest project - click on the signature link - Transformation

Sale of the 996TT - My wife has always been against selling it... So we are thinking of just keeping it... we used the car in the rally and had a blast with it... And now plan to take it to a DE in Sebring in June... so we might just use it as the track car. Anyway, here is the link in Pelican - 996TT for Sale
oops..I meant to say nice 996TT you have for sale...not sure if the folks on here have seen the project, that's why I asked for a teaser pic..
Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
oops..I meant to say nice 996TT you have for sale...not sure if the folks on here have seen the project, that's why I asked for a teaser pic..
OK! Understood now... hehehe

Here you go:

Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Jaime you've got great taste . I would sell you mine as eventually I will end up with a 993TT but I think the exchange rate would kill the deal for you. 26.XXXmiles, mintymint, factory sunroof delete, rear wiper delete, antennae delete etc etc.. ..
Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Jaime you've got great taste . I would sell you mine as eventually I will end up with a 993TT but I think the exchange rate would kill the deal for you. 26.XXXmiles, mintymint, factory sunroof delete, rear wiper delete, antennae delete etc etc.. ..
Go ahead... rub it in... have fun at my expense...

I got an email on one... waiting on photos. Price sounds a bit high for the mileage and description... will keep you all posted.

1997 993 Carrera S Vesuvio Metallic/Black 70K
Factory Aero Kit, HRE 18" 5 Spoke 3 piece wheels,
Alu Gauges, Alu Shifter & E-Brake, S.S. Sills,
Factory Carbon Steering Wheel, New tires, Clear Bra,

The Good :
Nearly flawless Paint ( the front end has been resprayed due to chips and there were minor cosmetic scratches on each rear quarter that were also reprayed but the paint work was done extremely well)
Runs and drives really well, very strong and tight , free of any squeaks or rattles, Interior is very clean and nice, Northern California car.

The Bad :
The wind shield has a few pits and a very small star
the Factory Carbon Steering wheel, the top piece of carbon has cracked. ( seller has gotten a bid for repair $500.)
Original wheels are no longer available

Price : $57,000. I think at this price I can talk the seller into fixing the steering wheel and R&R the windshield.

Quick Reply: WTB: 993 C2S Vesuvius Metallic w/Aerokit