993 Forum 1995-1998

Wives ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin R.
Hey Denise, you NEVER remarried after 14 years???
Thanks for the companion suggestions!!!
I was married for almost 14 and have been divorced for three. I don't feel any need, however to ever get married again... it was good for a while, but at this point in my life I could have just as committed a relationship and not be married.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM
dpressley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just found this in my in-box and thought I'd share:

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City, where a
woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the
entrance is a description of how the store operates: You may visit
this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the
products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may
choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the
next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first
floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs. She
is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids. 'That's nice,' she
thinks, 'but I want more.' So she continues upward. The third floor
sign reads: Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are
Extremely Good Looking. 'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to
keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads: Floor 4
- These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help
with Housework. 'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand
it!' Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads: Floor 5 -
These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with
Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak. She is so tempted to
stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads: Floor 6
- You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this
floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to
please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives
store just across the street. The first floor has wives that love
sex. The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and
like beer. The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpressley
Just found this in my in-box and thought I'd share:
...To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives
store just across the street. The first floor has wives that love
sex. The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and
like beer. The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.[/I]
Maybe the wives on the third floor wash the car too?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 AM
dpressley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by matt777
Maybe the wives on the third floor wash the car too?
This one does!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
TargaTango
Racer

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
If it has **** or wheels...you will pay to play!
I love that!!! I certainly did with my first and I do in different ways with my second. There is a "price" of accommodation for all relationships.

I know what you mean DB. My general observation has been that a lot of women like to monopolise and will squeeze out a husband's hobbies one by one after the wedding day, and some husbands must have handed over 1 or both ***** when they got married. I cannot complain too much. My wife is the one who told me that she could not understand why I did not have a sports car since I loved cars so much and encouraged me to buy my first wonderful car a 993 Targa. She also spends much less than I do and has few hobbies. She has grumbled about the size of our apartment but with accommodation being expensive in Hong Kong and the market high I am reluctant to upgrade. So we are rennovating and I have agreed to get rid of one of my hobbies which takes up a fair bit of space. I will be getting rid of my 6 foot fish tank. But a man must be principled and I have made it clear that the hi-fi will stay regardless. There are some things I just could not do without and are such a part of me.

Last edited by TargaTango; 05-01-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TargaTango
I cannot complain too much. My wife is the one who told me that she could not understand why I did not have a sports car since I loved cars so much and encouraged me to buy my first wonderful car a 993 Targa. She also spends much less than I do and has few hobbies.
I have to jump in here with my story. When I came across my 993 for sale...in a Walmart parking lot...I wasn't looking for a second car, and didn't know a thing about Porsche. Something about the car just grabbed me and I couldn't get over it...for 3 months I was completely obsessed with the car...and had never even been in a Porsche...weird. Anyway, she saw how this car had "grabbed" me, and told me the only way to get over my "fixation" of this car was to get it. Not wanting to start an arguement...I said ok. And she was driving a Honda Accord at the time. The day I paid that 993 off...I went a bought her a new Lexus...she deserved a Rolls Royce, but I couldn't do that. On top of all that she's beautiful, and a fantastic mom...I'm very lucky...
Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Marriage is a team effort. Sometimes one member of the team needs to reel the other back in a little and inject a little logic and practicality in favor of the team goal. It doesn't mean you both can't enjoy your passions, but you can't be stupid about it either. Sometimes it's just timing -- like now isn't the right time. It's also about responsibility, especially when you have kids. A good marriage works well, believe me.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Denise993
I was married for almost 14 and have been divorced for three. I don't feel any need, however to ever get married again... it was good for a while, but at this point in my life I could have just as committed a relationship and not be married.
Amen!!!

I have never been married, never been close to marrying, and have no desire to be married. What really bothers me is when people try to "pawn" marraige off on me. "When you going to make a honest woman out of her......" I feel like telling people to shut the f*&^ up when they say that.....and sometimes I do.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
matt777
Drifting

I took my wife for her first ride in my new 993. We made a bit of a date out of it and went for a cruise and a coffee. Hey, at 45 with kids this is a date. She quite liked the car and said it was very comfortable. She then asked when we would be taking it on a trip w/o kids. I have zero complaints.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allen
I have to jump in here with my story. When I came across my 993 for sale...in a Walmart parking lot...I wasn't looking for a second car, and didn't know a thing about Porsche. Something about the car just grabbed me and I couldn't get over it...for 3 months I was completely obsessed with the car...and had never even been in a Porsche...weird. Anyway, she saw how this car had "grabbed" me, and told me the only way to get over my "fixation" of this car was to get it. Not wanting to start an arguement...I said ok. And she was driving a Honda Accord at the time. The day I paid that 993 off...I went a bought her a new Lexus...she deserved a Rolls Royce, but I couldn't do that. On top of all that she's beautiful, and a fantastic mom...I'm very lucky...
Walmart is selling Porsches now? Holy cow, wasn't a knockoff from China was it?

Sorry, couldn't resist the impulse.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
88911coupe
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't complain here...my wife occasionally comments on my car time, although she does not mind the fact that doing much of my own rebuild is saving a fortune. She's even the one that practically dragged me to the Audi dealership to get an A4 so I'd have a car for everday driving and not be stressed out to get something fixed on the 911 if it needed work...which is often does. She admits to no fascination at all over cars...Nordstroms, Neimans, et al, however, is a different story. But hey she's successful and good at her profession (commercial real estate) so I can't say a thing.
Actually, I'm extremely lucky.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Geeez...lots of info here, but all I want to know is if Adrienne is single!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by AC993C2S
She is in a committed relationship-and too good for you anyway, the lady has class!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I have to say, my wife is a rock star when it comes to putting up with my internal combustion hobbies. She wouldn't let me sell the E36 M3 to buy a C5 Z06 but she did easily approve of the 993. I thank her for that. Oh, and the M3, we traded her Accord in for it and the M3 became her car. Wasn't her cup of tea as she had a 5 Series in mind, but she liked it. I had to drive a repo Chevy ZR-2 pickup. I currently have a Ducati motorcycle that I keep threatening to sell and she won't let me. Because of her tolerance of my gearhead affliction I feel that we have a pretty cool collection of cars. But everything that we have ever bought has been a total joint decision. To thank her for her tolerance and for our 10th anniversary I recently bought her a new 2008 VW R32 that she absolutely loves. Now to get her to do a drivers school. I am currently selling my BMW 540i and she told me that I don't have to if I don't want to. But who needs 4 cars. Bottom line, she encourages me to keep instead of sell.

While I would never encourage somebody to get married, I don't think that I went wrong. But like others have said, it does take work to keep it right.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 325 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by AC993C2S
Too Late. Big ring on the finger and a Wedding Dress being bought...................

Keith is a heck of a nice guy too

Quick Reply: Wives ?