993 Forum 1995-1998

Wives ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
all of you will either laugh at me or hate me so I won't get too into my life situation, but I find it to be quite ideal with 4 cars and zero attachments @27 years old.

I was previously engaged, to someone I'd thought I was going to keep in my "garage" but a PPI turned out to show some ECU tuning issues and poor "cold-start" issues. she had some aftermarket pieces that I thought were a bit unnecessary as well. Between high running costs, a lack of utility, she was the equivalent of a lamborghini countach or a F355 spyder with paddle shifters...best when waxed and pampered- not really that useful for a daily driver and not completely safe and unpredictable build quality (parental issues).

about 4 months after- I was on a date and a girl asked me "would you rather have a girlfriend or a ferrari?"

that was our last date.

since then, I've decided it's better to run my own charity, and give kids with severe illnesses some joy and lasting hope rather than to have your heart, wallet, and time swallowed by the wrong person.

In the last 18 months, I've grown more by being alone, giving, and spending time with friends (not to mention all the track time and promotions at "work" by kicking *** there) then I did in the previous 5 years- easy.

if the "right" female comes along- I welcome that- but I'm not crying in my cheerios because of having the memory foam mattress to myself.

see you at the track!
So what you're saying is that it's easier to stare down Vlad or Manny or A Rod in the top of the 9th with a one run lead, a guy you inherited on second, your crowd going mad...............maybe I'll bring out a Rennlist sign to one of the games this weekend.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:17 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

ken come on out! what are you doing friday morning?

what I'm saying is that I've got to stare down those fools anyways- so I better not be worried about my dime GF/wife and what she's feeling or concerned about...lol
Old 04-29-2008, 04:41 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Same as most here. Married 18 years this year. I have whatever I want and have never been questioned...ever. Same goes for her. If the moneys there, go for it.
I have a 993 and she has 8 (nearly 9) paint quarter horses.
It's not about the money (but she has spent wayyyyy more ) it's about enjoying life and getting what you want.
Happy wife = happy life!
By the way, she hates driving but I love riding horses....I win

It's so cool to read about all the long term relationships we all have. Too much doom and gloom these days, so it's refreshing.
This is one of the best threads I have seen on RL.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin R.
Now I feel really lonely...

Hey matt777, being your wife's sister lives here in Canada only 2 provinces straight west from me, perhaps I could drive over in the Porsche and meet her. A long way to go for a date... and that's not love? I am in my 40's, single NEVER married as well. Just want to take advantage of every opportunity that comes along as you never know.

Any other single NEVER married women here who want to chat... ooh, that sounds like I'm in the wrong room in the wrong site. Yikes!!! Okay, how about "want to chat..." about Porsches. There, does that make it a legit chat request?
Sorry. I'm not match maker.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:31 AM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread! Love the stories. I've been married for 5 years now and my wife tolerates my love of cars but often doesn't understand it. She would rather see me in a 996 cab because of the modern feel.

I often wonder how many, or what kind of pcars I would have if I was single. But then I wouldn't have my two amazing kiddies. Like everything it's a balance. Figure it out and life is good.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin R.
Now I feel really lonely...

Hey matt777, being your wife's sister lives here in Canada only 2 provinces straight west from me, perhaps I could drive over in the Porsche and meet her. A long way to go for a date... and that's not love? I am in my 40's, single NEVER married as well. Just want to take advantage of every opportunity that comes along as you never know.

Any other single NEVER married women here who want to chat... ooh, that sounds like I'm in the wrong room in the wrong site. Yikes!!! Okay, how about "want to chat..." about Porsches. There, does that make it a legit chat request?
Kevin,
If you limit yourself to women in your age bracket that have NEVER been married, you will miss out on a lot of great women (some who even own their own Porsche).

I'm 40, (OMG I can't believe I just put that out there), divorced after almost 14 years of marriage. My ex-husband would be the first to tell you that it was his problems, not mine that caused the split.

I've dated several nice men who have never been married and several who have had one or more divorces. That doesn't seem to matter much. It's who they are as a person, not if they've ever been married.

Just my 2¢.
-- Denise
Old 04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

It's all about compromise and partnership. I married my high school sweet heart and have 3 beautiful children. She makes sure I find time to work on my car and track it, as long as the trash is thrown out and dishes are clean. Yes, I do the dishes. Well actually just load them in the dishwasher, but it gives her free time to do things she enjoys, like taking a peaceful bath. She's been with me since my first car and will be there for my last. The bottom line is, if the bills are being paid, food is on the table and family is safe and happy, there is no reason why one should go through life with out something they are passionate about. Just don't bite off more than you can chew and everything else should fall into place.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

Another vote for the partnership. My wife and I have been married for 15 years and known each other 32 years or so, since we were 10. Part of our success comes from being compatible, but a good part comes from not taking things for granted and trying to be attentive to each other.

If she ever hid my keys it'd probably be a joke about either my mess or my memory. But I'm betting she wouldn't do it if for no other reason than she'd forget where she hid them :-)

We've been talking about taking a road trip to visit friends in Maine and Quebec this summer while the kids are at camp. I'd been assuming that we'd take the Honda for practical reasons but out of the blue she suggested the 911 since it'll be just the two of us. I ain't arguing.

Watch for the team in the Iris Blue coupe laughing its way past you this summer.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Older women are far more desirable then their younger counterparts.

They don't yell, they don't smell, they don't tell and they are horny as all hell.

<Seriousness turn on>

I would LOVE to find a divorced woman with kids as a monogamous companion for dinner/dates/trips to Bermuda...that would be exactly what I would be looking for in my current situation.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1
Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 PM
NOH20
Racer

I've bought and sold a lot of different cars. My wife thinks i'm crazy and doesn't understand why I just can't keep one of them. So, for right now I'm keeping the 993.

We have been married for 13 years. Marriage is all about compromise. People need to know when they've spent too much time with the Porsche and not with their family. I think that's were most people make a mistake. Just remember you can always take the P-car out for a ride but you can never go back and see your kid/kids ride a bike for the first time or see them in their first school play.

By the way, I just bought my wife a 350Z Roadster. It's only fair she gets a toy car too. And yes, the Z is a blast to drive. It certainly is better than the daily driver.......minivan - Yikes.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wives

Different situation with my wife, who is a surgeon. I just quit motorcycling, got a 993, and she is ecstatic. I'll try to post a picture of her and our daughter, Bri (my first here, so hope this works):

Our daughter, who's 18, just drove the new car for the first time yesterday, and did really well. She agreed that it's really different.

Rinty
Old 04-30-2008, 05:07 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Rinty,
Welcome to the 993 world. I appreciate what you are saying. You do have to keep her happy-surgeons have knives and know how to use them.
Al
Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Kevin R.
Instructor

Wow, there sure seems to be a lot of single women in Alberta...
Hey Matt, thanks for nothing!!!

Where are the other "Winnipeger's"????? Women I mean?

Hey Denise, you NEVER remarried after 14 years???
Thanks for the companion suggestions!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:12 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

we will need to start a new "mug shot of your wife" thread soon

Quick Reply: Wives ?