993 Forum 1995-1998

Wives ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:04 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
I was never happier than when I was dirt poor, had enough cash for a 6 pack and a pretty girl to drink it with.

Everything has been downhill from there.
90% true for me, too. 15 years ago I was newly admitted lawyer who never practiced because jobs were scarce in the early '90's economy (ring a bell???). So I was still working on 911's, making OK money, saving what I could to put down on some business I was destined to buy. Had a nice '79 SC 3.2, mild suspension, short gears I tracked and autocrossed all over the West. (Had given up wheel to wheel a few years earlier to go to law school.)

Now I'm married (NOT a bad thing, personally), own two businesses. Can buy whatever I want. Got way too much automotive inventory that I have no time to use. And I've heard of TWO guys in their early '50's in the last two days, one dropped dead of a heart attack, the other probably won't see the election due to terminal prostate cancer.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:24 PM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

To be married is not easy. I am 45 and she is 38. 14 years married till now !!

However, I think marriage is a close-to-ideal condition for a man and some girls are special ones. Mine just pushed my to buy a long wanted C2S. (She really doesnt care very much about cars) . So i can't complain.

A bonus: She drives like a man, (this actually likes me ..!!) manual or not ,SUV, trucks, even forklift in my warehouse !!! So she is a keeper too.

She is a witch !!!! you can see in the photo !!!

Last edited by eloyex; 12-12-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does she know you just told the world her age?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

She looks 26, not 38 and she is smiling.....keep her.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 AM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Leander
Does she know you just told the world her age?
RATS !!!

i forgot this small detail . !!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 AM
guards red
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess I'm really lucky. My girlfriend does not understand cars at all but in the last four years she has paid for a new coilover set up for my car, a new engine ecu, a new three spoke airbag steering wheel, and she'll often go and pick up parts at a moments notice. The list goes on.

I like to think it's the size of my shlong, but as I've not seen it past my belly for years I'm thinking that she loves me. Go figure?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Neat thread.... And - I can unabashedly post this... Not only do I love my wife - but moreso - I'm in love with my wife. She has been and continues to be the "rock" of our relationship in dealing with a number of issues over the last decade and longer...

- She has always been there, supporting my P'car addition - whether it was buying my first "track only car" in '92 - or telling me to buy that silly 914 for a track conversion. Buying my current 993 was an "adventure", as she knew I'd spend endless hours rebuilding it - and was right there. Since we first met - I always had Porsches, and she has always supported my addition. Now - we own three Porsches, two of which she claims...

- She is the one who "unravels" me when I get home from Haiti and Project Rennwish. Her interest in helping the orphans/schools we are supporting is to be certain Project Rennwish is on track and that I know she supports whatever my decisions are down there. And many - are difficult decisions that effect the lives of dozens/hundreds of kids she has never seen, met or know. I couldn't - no rather - I wouldn't do it without her...

- Rennlist? Heck, over the last nearly 11 years - again, I couldn't - no rather - I wouldn't have done it without her. She's the one who kept telling me "you can do this.." even while it might be 4AM and I was trying to get a server on-line, or the countless times I'd get privately flamed, or our lives threatened, or there were a few folks I'd tick-off for publicly bringing Rennlist to a low point in their posts..

- And she's always done the Memberships and Sponsors. By hand, each evening - including the e-mails, printing the welcome letters, printing the Member cards, stuffing the envelopes, whatever.. Think I could do that? Nope.. But she does - and has for nearly 10 years we've had both Members & Sponsors...

And I could go on-and-on.....

So, my wife? I'm in love with her - which is a little different then just "being in love"... I think she feels the same way - which is why she doesn't take my Porsche keys - but rather - insists I have them, as my Porsches are as much of "me" and my personality - which is who she married to begin with....

Oh - this is my wife - Jenn....

John

Old 04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
guards red
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice pins (I'm assuming she has two!). You're a lucky fellow.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Her legs are nicer than yours.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 AM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Her legs are nicer than yours.
hahaha ...

my 7 year daughter told me yesterday that i have to shave my legs !!!!!!!

hahaha!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:55 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You my friend, are one lucky duck to have that kind of relationship!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sdcabrio
Wives,...what can I say? My wife & I have been married for over 10 years now. She knew when she met me that I'm a car freak,...have been all my life. She is pretty understanding with my obsession/passion of spending hour upon hour in the garage fooling with our cars and spending $$ that in reality could be spent a million other places instead of on mods. She now rolls her eyes when she sees me at the kitchen island counter, laptop fired up, "constantly loging into Rennlist."

I feel lucky that she is to a limited extent "into" cars. She treats ours well, ie..always parks on an end, doesn't curb the wheels, throws the sunshade in to protect the dash, etc.

The grass is always greener. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be single again (I'm 39) making the money I make now (not tons, but compared to when I was in my early 20's) spending what I want on anything I want with no consideration for anybody else. Seems like it would be great, but that it could get pretty empty, pretty fast. I keep telling myself that anyway.
+1 You stole my post! I'm also 39 but married for only 5. Our new 15 month old daughter has made it even better. They were both very understanding when I had to make a "detour" on our family weekend to Palm Springs to go check in with Chris to pick up a set of Walrod bushings.

In the grand scheme of things, I still "spend money on anything I want," but I guess my "wants" are generally limited, smart and reasonable in her eyes.

We'll need to keep in touch. I get down to SD from time to time and might even be moving back after 12 years in LA!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Kevin R.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I feel really lonely...

Hey matt777, being your wife's sister lives here in Canada only 2 provinces straight west from me, perhaps I could drive over in the Porsche and meet her. A long way to go for a date... and that's not love? I am in my 40's, single NEVER married as well. Just want to take advantage of every opportunity that comes along as you never know.

Any other single NEVER married women here who want to chat... ooh, that sounds like I'm in the wrong room in the wrong site. Yikes!!! Okay, how about "want to chat..." about Porsches. There, does that make it a legit chat request?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin R.
Now I feel really lonely...

Hey matt777, being your wife's sister lives here in Canada only 2 provinces straight west from me, perhaps I could drive over in the Porsche and meet her. A long way to go for a date... and that's not love? I am in my 40's, single NEVER married as well. Just want to take advantage of every opportunity that comes along as you never know.

Any other single NEVER married women here who want to chat... ooh, that sounds like I'm in the wrong room in the wrong site. Yikes!!! Okay, how about "want to chat..." about Porsches. There, does that make it a legit chat request?
Turn the clock back 20 years, move to Phoenix and open a Porsche shop. Wow, was that easy pickings! The whole MILF/cougar thing hadn't quite gained acceptable status yet, but me in my early 20's and some of the 30something single (ack, a couple weren't!) Porsche owning ladies are good memories!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,988 Likes on 561 Posts

all of you will either laugh at me or hate me so I won't get too into my life situation, but I find it to be quite ideal with 4 cars and zero attachments @27 years old.

I was previously engaged, to someone I'd thought I was going to keep in my "garage" but a PPI turned out to show some ECU tuning issues and poor "cold-start" issues. she had some aftermarket pieces that I thought were a bit unnecessary as well. Between high running costs, a lack of utility, she was the equivalent of a lamborghini countach or a F355 spyder with paddle shifters...best when waxed and pampered- not really that useful for a daily driver and not completely safe and unpredictable build quality (parental issues).

about 4 months after- I was on a date and a girl asked me "would you rather have a girlfriend or a ferrari?"

that was our last date.

since then, I've decided it's better to run my own charity, and give kids with severe illnesses some joy and lasting hope rather than to have your heart, wallet, and time swallowed by the wrong person.

In the last 18 months, I've grown more by being alone, giving, and spending time with friends (not to mention all the track time and promotions at "work" by kicking *** there) then I did in the previous 5 years- easy.

if the "right" female comes along- I welcome that- but I'm not crying in my cheerios because of having the memory foam mattress to myself.

see you at the track!

Quick Reply: Wives ?