OT: Rotary Lift with 3 stage arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question OT: Rotary Lift with 3 stage arms

Anyone using a Rotary lift with the 3 stage arms. They supposedly give more flexibility for accessing lift points.

I posted this on the off topic forum in August of last year and did not get any responses. I thought maybe I'd find someone here who is familiar with them.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you have a link or any other info on these? I'm in the market for a lift for working on my car and so I can park another one under it.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Call 800-445-5438 and speak to someone in technical suupport. They are very helpful.

The model I'm looking at is A10IN6G0. It has the inbay feature, motor up high and controls on both sides.

What makes those arms nice is they have minimum clearance of 3 5/8". I think regular arms are 4 3/4", but not sure about that.

This is the lift they have at local dealership that sells both Porsche and Mercedes, which are the only two brands of vehicles I own.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ron,

I just completed installation of my A10i with the three stage arms last weekend... I will try to take pictures tomorrow and get them posted. They work great! I still can't believe that I have my very own lift!

I'm in Lugoff, SC if you'd like to see it for yourself... Probably about a 2.5 hour drive...
Old 04-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just completed installation of my A10i with the three stage arms last weekend... I will try to take pictures tomorrow and get them posted. They work great! I still can't believe that I have my very own lift!

I'm in Lugoff, SC if you'd like to see it for yourself... Probably about a 2.5 hour drive...
Michael,

Excellent.

Did you install yourself?

What distance is the center of post to rear garage door?

What distance is the center of post to the front wall, workbench, toolbox or whatever?

What is distance between the two post, i.e., the drive thru distance?

Who did you buy lift from? I've only got quote from two people.

Thanks, Ron
Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Had a company from Columbia called "Palmetto Equipment" do the install. When I called Rotary they referred me to them. I was really pleased with the care they took in making sure everything was right. Oh yeah... I bought it from them also. The total cost including installation was $4355.50, but they told me that the price had just gone up by something like $400, and I was lucky I had put a deposit on mine back in November. I think $400 of the total cost was the installation fee... I'm pretty sure that's right. If I can ever get my taxes filed, maybe I can organize my office and find the receipt...

I'll take pictures and measurements this afternoon...

More to follow.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

The total cost including installation was $4355.50,
The best quote I've got so far is $4695 which includes a 7.5% tax and $450 for installation. I told him he is going to have to do better than that. He said he has a number of lifts being shipped to him next month and he might could have mine added to that shipment and get me a better price.

Also I'm not sure I want the inbay feature because it adds some complexity to the system which could break. What made you decide to go with the inbay feature?
Old 04-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ron,

Your quote doesn't sound unreasonable to me... Of course, everything is always negotiable.

The Inbay "feature" is really pretty simple. It's just a set of controls on each lift post... And an air hose and coupling and a 110v outlet... I really wouldn't worry too much about that. I think it will be convenient to have the 110v on the lift post for a drop light and the air will be nice once I get it hooked up. Plus, the inbay lifts have electric lock releases so that you can operate the lift from either side and with only one hand (one finger actually).

I'm very pleased with my choice... And, I promise to get pictures posted soon!

Last edited by Michael S.; 04-12-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ron,

Once again I must apologize for being so slow to respond... I managed to get out to the garage tonight and take some measurements. I'm still working on pictures.

The room the lift is in is 21' deep by 15'8" wide. It's the left stall of a two car garage. The right stall is going to be my wood shop.

The center of the lift is installed 8'5" from the front wall of the room leaving 12'7" from the garage door.

The lift is centered, left to right, on the garage door, placing it closer to the right wall than to the left.

There is almost exactly 8' between the arms when retracted and stored and they easily reach under my 993 which is lowered via PSS9s...

The overall garage is 32' wide by 28' deep, but the left bay is only 21' deep (there's a half bath behind the left stall). It has 10' ceilings (almost exactly), with a beam running side to side that protudes down into the room about 10" at the half way point (14' deep into the garage). I had them install the lift as close to the center beam as possible without hitting it, because I was concerned that my Cayenne might not be far enough into the bay to allow me to lift it. My fears were unfounded, as I have almost 2' of clearance at the rear of the Cayenne... There's no problem at all with the 993. They both are maybe 3-4' from the front wall when positioned on the lift.

All of this will make more sense once I get some pictures taken and posted... I will do my best to get that done soon.

The offer to visit still stands... I am less thn 30 minutes from Carolina Motorsports Park, so if you are ever up this way feel free to drop by.

Hope all this helps... Pictures will (hopefully) follow soon.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Bendpak model XP 9FX that I bought here www.asedeals.com I have used it to lift 993's (lowered), 997's, Corvettes, a Ford F150, Honda Ridgelines and an E320 Mercedes-Benz, all with no problems They do offer 3 stage arms as an option but I have never had the need for them. They also offer a lower profile arm which reduces the clearance to 3-1/2".

I agree that the Rotary is a better lift but the Bendpak is very nice and less $.

As stated in the ad, email them for their best price.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Once again I must apologize for being so slow to respond... I managed to get out to the garage tonight and take some measurements. I'm still working on pictures.
No problem at all.

I spoke with Andy at Palmetto Equipment and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. His son in law Heith was in Charleston yesterday so he came by to size up my situation at far as clearance goes. He did a bunch of measurements and even laid out the templates for the base plates where he suggested they be placed. I think center of lift will be 12' from rear door and about 11' to the back wall.

Thanks for giving me the led to contact this company. They are the people who I will buy the lift from. They seem more helpful and experienced than anyone I've dealt with locally. They do charge a little extra for installation because they have to come to Charleston, but I have the feeling they're worth it.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ron,

Sounds like your garage bay is large enough that front to back clearance won't be a concern... I remember the thread where you were posting pictures as it was built. Congratulations! I know I love mine... Even if I have a hard time finding the time to get out in it to play!

As you may have already discovered, Andy is a really interesting fellow! He used to hold some 2-wheel drag racing speed records! Now he keeps himself busy running a machine shop and automotive equipment supply business. He owns something like 30 Harleys, and he and Heith actually rode out to my house (maybe 40 minutes from Columbia) just to chat and look over my new garage! They are all really good guys and I was very pleased with the care they took installing my lift... I would certainly recommend them.

Still hoping to take/post pictures soon...

Good luck!

Quick Reply: OT: Rotary Lift with 3 stage arms