1995 Carrera 2- Problem Areas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 PM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two problems

I have always had trouble with the silly grin I wear going down the road.
When I first got mine I thought I had a problem with the steering being stiff , then I realized something was rubbing the bottom of the steering wheel.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by slider172
When I first got mine I thought I had a problem with the steering being stiff , then I realized something was rubbing the bottom of the steering wheel.
Classic!

Now what's the story behind your avatar?

Andreas
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by slider172
I have always had trouble with the silly grin I wear going down the road.

Oh, that was just so wrong!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

When I find one in need of help for sale on Fleabay, I swipe the pic as my new avatar. Dont ask me why, I just do.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 PM
996 Cop
Advanced

Thank you everyone. 90k service was done. Transmission was rebuilt, but clutch is still original. Thought if tranny was out clutch should have been changed? It operates very smoothly w/o any signs of slipping and goes into gear easily. Will have to ask about wiring harness recall.
Transmission rebuild and service was done by Moorespeed, Austin, Texas. Anybody familiar with them? Said he had to replace window switches several times, is this common?
PPI is set for Monday with Balcones European Motors in Austin. Patrick is a very good Porsche mechanic and has always been thorough in the past.
Also I see Harris Hill Road (road course) in San Marcos (south of Austin) is now opened. Can't wait to try it out. Looks like a real nice 1.8 mile course and somebody spent a ton of money making it. Can be seen on You Tube. The membership is $900. with a refundable $1500. security deposit, which a little steep on a police officers salary. The good news is that the local Porsche club gets invited occasional and there is no charge.

www.harrishillroad.com
Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996 Cop
Thank you everyone. 90k service was done. Transmission was rebuilt, but clutch is still original. Thought if tranny was out clutch should have been changed? It operates very smoothly w/o any signs of slipping and goes into gear easily. Will have to ask about wiring harness recall.
Transmission rebuild and service was done by Moorespeed, Austin, Texas. Anybody familiar with them? Said he had to replace window switches several times, is this common?
PPI is set for Monday with Balcones European Motors in Austin. Patrick is a very good Porsche mechanic and has always been thorough in the past.
Also I see Harris Hill Road (road course) in San Marcos (south of Austin) is now opened. Can't wait to try it out. Looks like a real nice 1.8 mile course and somebody spent a ton of money making it. Can be seen on You Tube. The membership is $900. with a refundable $1500. security deposit, which a little steep on a police officers salary. The good news is that the local Porsche club gets invited occasional and there is no charge.

www.harrishillroad.com

I agree, if the trans was out for a rebuild (I'd want to know why, btw. Wouldn't stop me from buying but would want more info) you would refresh clutch parts. It would be silly not to... unless maybe the tranny was rebuilt very early in it's life.

The clutch should feel Honda-smooth and light. Not "graunchy" or stiff.

Window switches are very common replacement items. They just never improved them...

Quick Reply: 1995 Carrera 2- Problem Areas?