Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The change to the Ebay feedback rating system is long overdue.

We should now see some big increases in the negative feedback left for marginal or retaliatory sellers.

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Supposedly, the most significant part of the change won't occur until May 2008.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html
Old 03-15-2008, 02:20 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If it seems too good to be true.....
Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vartan76
I am actually bidding on an 87 3.2 targa and was looking for feedback outside Ebay. Has any of you met the people at Victory / recommend someone in particular to talk to?

I have asked for detailed close ups, but nothing received so far.

Thanks
Vartan
I remember one sad story on this board from a guy who didn't look at the car in person and relied on VMC's recommended PPI shop to do an inspection. It wasn't good and obvious flood damage was unreported. If you still want to proceed I would hire a real independent inspection service or you could save $$$$$$ and buy a car privately which would leave you extra cash for repairs.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:36 PM
CurBrwn79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better off buying from a private seller and getting an indep. inspection at a shop of your choice. Never been a big fan of buying from a dealer....

Then again never had wanted to due to GA tax laws, which exempt sales tax from transaction b/w private buyers/sellers.

It would be one thing if VMC had one or two bad posts, especially with their volume; however, does not seem like that is the case. Too many screwed up stories with that group...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 PM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

I bought my car from Victory and I had a good experience. I was able to see the car in person, Robert described the car over the phone prior to the visit. Had the PPI done and it all checked out. When I drove the car to my Brother's house to spend the night prior to going back to Dallas, the car would not start. Their shop guys and Robert talked to me over the phone to try and reset the alarm in the evening, nothing worked. They sent a flatbed truck over the next morning, took me to the alarm and stereo shop that they use, a new upgraded alarm was installed at Victory's expense and I was on my way. The PO had an aftermarket alarm installed and it failed somehow.

I was concerned that the car would not start, thought that maybe I had a bad car, but the PPI showed differently. Robert was professional and courteous and my car was as advertised. They have a good corner on the market, but one has to do their due dilligence prior to purchasing any used vehicle.

I am not affiliated with VMC in any way BTW.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Actually, eBay changed the rating system earlier this month.
What actually changed? I still think there is a real potential for retaliation...many sellers won't post feedback until the buyer posts.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:46 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick
What actually changed? I still think there is a real potential for retaliation...many sellers won't post feedback until the buyer posts.
The critical change will take effect in May 2008 - Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:
Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.

Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.

Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) Process.

Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.

Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record.

Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days.
Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Old 03-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Jeffrey Tucker
Track Day

For what it's worth, I purchased a 1997 Carrera S from Victory 6 months ago. I went directly to the dealer, rather than eBay. Nonetheless, I purchased the car sight unseen. I have since read the various posts regarding Victory. All I can say is that I could not be happier with my car, which was not misrepresented in any way by Vicrory. It's a black on black C2S with 44k. Park Place Porsche in Dallas has been through the car from top to bottom and my technician says the car is in fantastic condition throughout.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:36 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

I am waiting for my car to show up from them. We'll see what happens. I was foolish enough not to do a ppi on the car and took their word as a "pristine car". Keeping my fingers crossed after reading all about them here.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
I am waiting for my car to show up from them. We'll see what happens. I was foolish enough not to do a ppi on the car and took their word as a "pristine car". Keeping my fingers crossed after reading all about them here.
Good luck there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Let us know
how it turns out.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Derek_C
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
Gulp!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
SC993
5th Gear

Be afraid...be very afraid. Do not believe a single spoken or written word, check the car out personally or through a totally independent PPI, verify absolutely everything.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

What is your storey SC993?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:05 AM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

She's finally here! I have not had a chance to look her over because it was 10pm and raining when it arrived, but I'm heading to the garage now to take a look. Can't wait!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:49 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

And............

Quick Reply: Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?