Sponsored by:

OT: Very interesting times we live in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:33 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
For some reason my gut feeling is that Hilliary will...
I really hope you are wrong
Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
biotechee
Racer

Can I write in Ross Perot?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 439 Posts

Give me a Statesman, not a politician. Give me someone who has some common sense. Give me someone who says what the mean and mean what they say. Give me someone who isn't going to bomb Pakistan, give illegal aliens a free ride on my dime and defend vigorously my country. Give me someone who already is proud of our country today instead of whining and complaining about how rotten it is here. Give me that and I'll vote for it, even if it's purple.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimbo3
Give me a Statesman, not a politician. Give me someone who has some common sense. Give me someone who says what the mean and mean what they say. Give me someone who isn't going to bomb Pakistan, give illegal aliens a free ride on my dime and defend vigorously my country. Give me someone who already is proud of our country today instead of whining and complaining about how rotten it is here. Give me that and I'll vote for it, even if it's purple.
Hey, you might like my friend Randy at TheCandidacy. We're starting early on a Senate run!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As I've said over in Off Topic, you folks in the real battleground states.........take it seriously. Some of us are situated so that out vote doesn't count in the least. Democrat whoever will carry California by a minimum of 10 points, probably 55-43 or something. (Yes, there will always be 2% for Green/Communist/Libertarian/Space Alien.)
Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 PM
N51
Drifting

Originally Posted by Adrienne
I agree, as much as I hate to say it. The US is far behind other countries regarding equality. It really is a shame how many racist and sexist individuals there are in this country. I am disappointed (as usual) that the democratic party chose such a critical time to run candidates of such potential polarization.
In your opinion, who are we behind?
Racist and sexist? Have you been reading the result of states that refute your thoughts?
Is polarization so bad?
I am more concerned with any country that operates lock-stepped(left or right) with a government. Better a slow moving government. Time to adjust. :-)
Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2008, 03:03 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

& Republicans before that!!! ^^^^^^
Old 02-27-2008, 04:23 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Higher taxes and wealth redistribution rule!!!
Oh Lord where's my popcorn

You are kidding right? Either you make no money and pay no taxes, which might explain that "user" designation, or you're a trust fund baby.
Mine and everyone else's "wealth" get redistributed every time we pay a tax bill and the money gets used to fund wars that buys us $100 a barrel oil, and crack heads living in government housing for generations!

A vote for Hilbama will get you much higher corporate taxes (and you'll see corporate constrictions) and higher capital gains taxes (well enough said there). You want higher taxes move to Europe, any one of those governments would love to take your money. As anyone in the UK how they like what things cost them......

I agree with Harvey, McCain is not the end all, but we'll be safe in the wallet and the homefront with him in office. He's clueless when it comes to economics , we can only hope he picks a good running mate. As much as I couldn't stand Romney and Julianni, I think between the two of them, they would have made an excellent team. They would have complimented each other strengths and made a real change on all fronts (IMHO).......but what do I know?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
Easy answer to that, tariff!!! You want to sell products to the US, pay the duty taxes. There is no surprise, all these countries places huge duty taxes on all US made goods. Of course there are the lobbists who only cares about their own pocket in our country. (Well... as long as US don't tax anything from Germany and Italy)
That sounds good, but who do you think funds our HUGE deficits? We pay big duties because we owe so much money to so many countries who question whether or not they'll ever get it back.........
got to collect somehow.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

993inNC.... you ACTUALLY thought i was being serious when i said "higher taxes and wealth redistribution rule"????? YIKES!!!!! Read much???

Im voting for Hillary because she will renew my membership status with YOUR tax dollars... she told me so and i believe her because she is honest.

JERRY

Last edited by Boeing 717; 02-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

That sounds good, but who do you think funds our HUGE deficits? We pay big duties because we owe so much money to so many countries who question whether or not they'll ever get it back.........
got to collect somehow.
I have to agree. We, the consumer country, have done this to ourselves. Foreign countries now own well over 50% of US debt. China could crush our economy by merely selling half of the US debt it owns all at once. By the way, several major US banks are still in business today thanks to various foreign countries, including the Chinese.

I hate (and pay) taxes as much as anyone but guess what, big deficits are a tax too. Did you think it was free? Whether you pay the tax now or pay it later, you still have to pay back money you spent eventually - or go bankrupt. The concept of the economy "earning our way out of the deficit" is nonsense. All it means is that in a good economy the additional tax revenue goes into paying off previous debts instead of lowering taxes. McCain said it well, the US government is spending money like drunken sailors. If we're at war, other than the poor guys in the sandpit, where's the sacrifice? Regardless of who wins, unless we get our act together the problems we are having will only get bigger. Interesting times indeed.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Since you are now a member Boeing (wasn't there when I posted a couple hours ago), and resisted flaming me for my apparent mis-understanding of your comments (you must admit, it seemed pretty honest), I rescind my comments ...........shake on it

But seriously, about Hil, remember her husband (who I thought was one of the better Pres's of recent times) was the one who closed many a military base, ignored Binladen at the end of his (Bill's) tenure as so not to deal with it and ruin his economy record with war, reduced the military greatly, did raise taxes, and got his *** waxed on the side! I can only imagine Hil would be a lot worse on the taxes and military.......mark my words!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by 2Many Cars
China could crush our economy by merely selling half of the US debt it owns all at once.
Talk about selling a piece of crap! Who'd buy that?.......Al-Quaeda? hmm.....there's a theory eh?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

IMHO, neither Obama nor Hillary are going to win the general
+1 Not to bash either one of them....but, McCain will be the next president. You're right Robin...them times is a changing.

Chris brother, how them pipes coming along?

Quick Reply: OT: Very interesting times we live in!